Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Sep 25, 2023 1:00 PM CDT
Couple Gets Refund Over Stinky Dog on Flight
New Zealand pair say they had to move from premium to economy over the smell
- A New Zealand couple who say they were subjected to a drooling, snorting, and farting dog on a long flight have gotten a $1,400 refund for their trouble, reports Insider . Gill and Warren Press say they asked to switch their premium seats midflight from Paris to Singapore because the...
Oct 4, 2021 1:01 PM CDT
Survey Confirms That People Are Gassy
81% of respondents said they experienced flatulence in the previous 24 hours
- If you regularly find yourself gassy, you're in good company, or so indicates a new survey. Using an online health survey, scientists from the Rome Foundation Research Institute in the US and France's Danone Nutricia Research polled nearly 6,000 adults in the US, UK, and Mexico about...
Tesla Just Turned Its Cars
Into Giant Boomboxes
Dec 29, 2020 8:17 AM CST
Tesla Just Turned Its Cars Into Giant Boomboxes
Software update produces such car horn sounds as applause, bleating goats, and, yes, farting
- Ever wanted to express your displeasure at fellow drivers by farting at them? If you're the owner of a Tesla, your dream may have just come true. Announced by company CEO Elon Musk on Christmas Day, the newest software update from the electric car manufacturer features "Boombox" mode,...
'With Full Intent'
Jun 17, 2020 9:10 AM CDT
Guy Fined for Farting 'With Full Intent' at Police
'Our colleagues don't like to be farted at so much'
- A man in Vienna has been fined $565 for breaking wind loudly in front of police—a move that the Austrian capital's police force was at pains to defend on Tuesday. The
newspaper reported that the fine stemmed from an incident on June 5 and that the offender...
Police: Man Choked Girlfriend
Who Griped About Smelly Farts
Jan 8, 2020 2:48 PM CST
Police: Man Choked Girlfriend Who Griped About Smelly Farts
Christopher Ragsdale has been charged with assault
- A Texas man accused of choking and headbutting his girlfriend because she complained about the smell of his flatulence has been jailed on an assault charge, police said. Officers in Wichita Falls, Texas, responded to a home on Sunday afternoon following a report that Christopher Ragsdale had assaulted his girlfriend,...
Lands Him in Court
Sep 30, 2019 3:58 PM CDT
Man's Flatulence Lands Him in Court
He allegedly deliberately farted at an officer
- Well, he got his answer. The Scotsman reports a 28-year-old was earlier this month sentenced to 75 hours of unpaid work after farting three times in the presence of police and asking, "How do you like that?" The incident began in the wake of a car crash in Aberdeen....
Man Sues for $1.3M
Over Boss's 'Stinky' Farts
Mar 27, 2019 12:19 PM CDT
Man Sues for $1.3M Over Boss's 'Stinky' Farts
Australia's David Hingst says supervisor harassed him before he was laid off
- Can regular farting equal bullying? An appeals court in Australia will have to decide based on a nearly $1.3 million lawsuit filed in 2017 by the former employee of a construction company, who refers to his ex-boss as "Mr. Stinky." David Hingst, a 56-year-old former engineer of...
'Fart on Demand'
Is Now a Feature
in Tesla Vehicles
in case you missed it
Dec 23, 2018 4:31 PM CST
'Fart on Demand' Is Now a Feature in Tesla Vehicles
Impress your friends with a 'Short Shorts Ripper' every time you put on your turn signal
- As if we needed any more proof that Elon Musk is as guylike as guys can get , Tesla has unveiled a new Easter egg—a surprise bonus feature—that's sure to please everyone's inner Cletus Klump . TechCrunch reports on the company's new "Emissions Testing Mode,"...
Man Mad About Very Old Fart
Sets House on Fire: Cops
Jan 18, 2018 4:39 PM CST
Man Mad About Very Old Fart Sets House on Fire: Cops
Joel Cruz, 29, arrested in Washington state
- Police say a prank a decade ago led to an act of arson Tuesday in Washington state. KIMA reports Joel Cruz was at his parents house alone when police say he put a pot of vegetable oil on the stove, turned up the burner, and left. The resulting fire severely...
Judge Denies Fart Lawsuit
Supplied by Pork Roll Employee
Mar 15, 2017 4:08 PM CDT
Judge Denies Fart Lawsuit Supplied by Pork Roll Employee
Lawsuit claimed employee was fired for farting too much
- A lawsuit filed by a woman in defense of her farting husband was full of beans, according to a judge, who tossed the suit earlier this year. Louann Clem filed the lawsuit after her husband was fired from the Case Pork Roll Co. in New Jersey, allegedly for farting too...
Meanwhile, in Canada,
Parliament Debates Use of 'Fart'
Nov 17, 2016 12:21 PM CST
Meanwhile, in Canada, Parliament Debates Use of 'Fart'
The word is 'distinctly unparliamentary,' says Elizabeth May
- While several world leaders were preoccupied with climate change , Canada was debating a far more important issue: whether "fart" is an appropriate word to use in parliament. While giving what she called "an impassioned speech " about unemployment and tax increases in Alberta in the House of Commons...
Hospital Report Blames
Patient's Fart for Surgical Fire
Oct 31, 2016 11:49 AM CDT
Hospital Report Blames Patient's Fart for Surgical Fire
Laser evidently ignited gas during operation at Tokyo Medical Center
- An operating room snafu out of Japan is generating headlines because of its bizarre nature: It seems a patient's fart ignited a fire that left her with serious burns. The incident took place at Tokyo Medical Center, reports the
. A laser was being used on the cervix...
California Is Going
After Its Farting Cows
Sep 20, 2016 8:23 AM CDT
California Is Going After Its Farting Cows
It's all part of Gov. Jerry Brown's plan to fight climate change
- California Gov. Jerry Brown kept up his assault on climate change Monday, pushing through a law meant to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions from dairy farms and landfills. "You know, when Noah wanted to build his ark, most of the people laughed at him?" Brown said, per the
Kicked Out of
Match for Farting
Jun 23, 2016 8:27 AM CDT
Soccer Player Kicked Out of Match for Farting
Ref calls it 'deliberate provocation'; player says he simply had a 'bad stomach'
- In what local media described as "bizarre circumstances," a Swedish soccer player ended up being ousted from a match Friday for the "unsportsmanlike behavior" of breaking wind, the
reports. Adam Lindin Ljungkvist, a 25-year-old player for Pershagens SK, tells a Swedish media outlet he had a...
Cause of Brawl
at Florida Bar: a Fart
Jun 13, 2016 3:45 PM CDT
Cause of Brawl at Florida Bar: a Fart
It's not clear exactly what happened, but someone definitely farted
- "The argument was due to someone farting." That's what police were told after responding to a fight between two couples at Key West's Sloppy Joe's bar last Monday, the
reports. It's not clear who farted or how exactly the fart set off...
Student Arrested Over
Apr 16, 2016 10:15 AM CDT
Student Arrested Over Fart-Spray Incident
Blake Zengo allegedly knows how to clear out a bar
- One University of Georgia student may have just single-handedly justified the 21-year-old legal drinking age after the 20-year-old was arrested for allegedly spraying Athens bar customers with bottled farts,
reports. It started around around 1:40am when a woman told police a customer inside Whiskey Bent was spraying...
Buzz Could Be
Feb 23, 2016 3:02 PM CST
Puzzling Ocean Buzz Could Be Fish Farts
Scientists say the Pacific Ocean is filled with strange sound at dusk and dawn
- When scientists first started hearing an odd noise emanating from the depths of the Pacific Ocean a few years ago, they didn't know what to think. The sound (described as a continuous humming or buzzing that only happens at certain times of day) wasn't from typical ocean activity...
'Farting Corpse' Film
Jan 24, 2016 2:10 PM CST
'Farting Corpse' Film Makes Noise at Festival
'Swiss Army Man' divides audiences at Sundance
- A new film starring Daniel Radcliffe as a farting corpse is dividing audiences at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival,
Swiss Army Man
, the erstwhile Harry Potter plays a dead body discovered by a suicidal man (Paul Dano) on a deserted island. Dano rides Radcliffe across the...
Wife Jailed for Battery in Florida Fart Fight
Dec 22, 2015 3:40 PM CST
Wife Jailed for Battery in Florida Fart Fight
Her husband wouldn't stop passing gas in bed
- Farts are always funny until somebody gets hurt. The Smoking Gun reports a 55-year-old Florida woman was arrested for allegedly beating up her husband when he wouldn't stop passing gas in bed. Dawn Meikle's husband Donald broke the seal early Dec. 11 while they were both lying in...
Did Pork Roll Company
Fire Man for Farting?
Oct 2, 2015 6:30 PM CDT
Did Pork Roll Company Fire Man for Farting?
His wife certainly seems to think so
- An employee of one of New Jersey's top pork roll makers was fired for passing too much gas in the office, at least according to his wife, who's suing the company. Louann Clem claims her husband suffered serious consequences, including extreme gas and uncontrollable diarrhea, from gastric bypass...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Incurable Disease Plaguing Young Stone Cutters
No Shutdown: Congress' Surprise Deal Is Approved
Law Would Jail Parents Whose Children Aren't Vaccinated
He Took a Legendary Cookie Recipe to His Grave. Maybe
Police Shove Officials in Election Document Raid
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.