Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
5 Richest Counties in US Have Something in Common
They're all around Washington, DC
- New numbers from the US census show that the median household income for counties around the nation is $57,652, reports
US News & World Report
. Some counties, however, do far better than others. Witness the top five, which share a common trait: They're all around the DC area:...
Parents Say Counselor Knew Teen Was Suicidal, 'Kept It a Secret'
Erin and Timothy Gallagher allege negligence in son's death
- Erin and Timothy Gallagher were heartbroken by their son's suicide on Feb. 3, but their pain only grew when they discovered his school counselor knew he'd had suicidal thoughts and "kept it a secret from us." That's the claim made in a $5 million wrongful-death...
Town Helps Boys After Lemonade Stand Cash Is Stolen
Even 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid' author offered distraught boys money, advice
- Spencer Bergman really wanted a dog, and his mom said if he could save up $500, he could get one. His pal Spencer Tarbet needed to save money for Scout camp. So the two boys, ages 13 and 12, set up a lemonade stand over the summer in their Round...
Richest Counties in US
Suburbs of Washington, DC, lead the way
rounds up the richest counties in the US, with the DC suburbs in northern Virginia again dominating. The top five:
Loudoun County, Virginia:
$115,574 median household income
Falls Church City, Virginia:
Fairfax County, Virginia:
Los Alamos County, New Mexico:
Popular on Newser
Newlyweds Die on Florida Honeymoon
A Hiker Died in a Tent Full of Cash, and the Mystery Began
'Hottest Doctor' Gets in Hot Water Over Party Pics
Months After Recovery, COVID Survivors Report an Oddity
Nation's Biggest County Orders Residents to Stay Home
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.