Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Mitch McConnell Contrasts
Black Voters, American Voters
Jan 21, 2022 6:38 AM CST
Mitch McConnell Contrasts Black Voters, American Voters
Senator's rep says he misspoke, critics disagree
- Asked Wednesday to respond to voters of color concerned that they will be unable to vote in the midterm elections without passage of the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, Mitch McConnell put it this way : "The concern is misplaced because if you look at the statistics, African American...
Rep. Joyce Beatty Arrested
at Voting Rights Protest
Jul 16, 2021 1:22 AM CDT
Rep. Joyce Beatty Arrested at Voting Rights Protest
Group marched at the Capitol
- Rep. Joyce Beatty, chair of the Congressional Black Caucus and 71-year-old Ohio Democrat, was arrested by US Capitol Police on Thursday afternoon after marching on the Senate Hart Office Building atrium. Beatty and others— CNN says there were only a dozen—had first gathered outside the Supreme Court building to...
May 31, 2020 6:05 AM CDT
Congresswoman Pepper-Sprayed at Protest
Joyce Beatty sprayed by police in Columbus, Ohio
- Rep. Joyce Beatty, a grandmother and an African-American Democrat from Ohio, got pepper-sprayed during protests of the death of George Floyd on Saturday in Columbus, reports CNN . "I was there because I wanted the young protesters to know that in solidarity, that I stand with them," Beatty said....
5 Rising Stars
Sep 4, 2012 8:56 AM CDT
5 Rising Stars Who Could Make Waves at DNC
Fresh faces include Julian Castro's twin and a bevy of women
- As the Democrats descend on Charlotte looking for four more years with the unexpected star of the 2004 convention, they're also looking for this convention's rock star. Looking past keynote speaker Julian Castro, Politico rounds up five potential contenders:
The Texas state rep is seen as
Popular on Newser
2 Secret Service Employees Sent Home From Biden's Trip
Madison Cawthorn Issues Defiant Message After Loss
Carlson Asked Unexpected Person for Favor for His Son
Suspects' Mercedes-Benz Getting Loads of Attention
His Offer to Pay Off Women's Debt Was Too Good to Be True
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.