Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Kylie Jenner Tweet 'Wipes
$1.3B Off Snapchat Value'
Feb 23, 2018 1:49 AM CST
Kylie Jenner Tweet 'Wipes $1.3B Off Snapchat Value'
'sooo does anyone else not open Snapchat anymore?'
- A single tweet from Kylie Jenner is being blamed for a 6% tumble that wiped around $1.3 billion off the stock market value of Snapchat's parent company. On Wednesday, the reality TV star tweeted to her 24.5 million followers: "sooo does anyone else not open Snapchat...
Snapchat Users Blast
Update 'Worse Than Plague'
Feb 13, 2018 7:21 AM CST
Snapchat Users Blast Update 'Worse Than Plague'
You gotta take a stand on the important issues, you know?
- A Snapchat update released last week, transforming the look of the popular messaging app, is not sitting well with users. How bad is it? It's "worse than the f---ing Black Plague," reads a comment on a Change.org petition aiming to revert the app to its previous...
Girls' Team Booted From
Finals Over Snapchat Post
Aug 6, 2017 6:21 PM CDT
Girls' Team Booted From Finals Over Snapchat Post
Softball team was hours away from playing televised game
- Note to the victors: it’s best to keep your gloating off social media. So learned a Virginia softball team about to take the national stage in the televised Junior League World Series, reports the
. The Atlee Little League softball team of Mechanicsville was disqualified from competing after...
Saudi Police Arrest
Woman in Miniskirt Video
Jul 18, 2017 11:22 AM CDT
Saudi Police Arrest Woman in Miniskirt Video
She ignited a debate on Twitter after her post
- Police in Saudi Arabia have arrested a young woman who wore a miniskirt in public and who had posted the video online, sparking an outcry from people who say she flagrantly violated the kingdom's conservative Islamic dress code. Saudi Arabia's state-run TV reported Tuesday that police in the...
'We Went Down All the Slides':
Alleged Snapchat Confession
Jul 6, 2017 7:32 AM CDT
'We Went Down All the Slides': Alleged Snapchat Confession
Teens busted for early-morning break-in at SC water park: cops
- Two teens in Myrtle Beach, SC, have apparently never heard the phrase "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"—though in this case, Vegas is "the water park." Logan Brooke Larrimore and Farren Marie Lane, both 18, were arrested and charged Wednesday with third-degree burglary after...
Safety Experts Raise Red Flag
on Snapchat's Newest Feature
Jun 25, 2017 3:20 PM CDT
Safety Experts Raise Red Flag on Snapchat's Newest Feature
New map function tracks location whenever the app is activated
- A new Snapchat geolocation function released last week may be dishing out more personal information than users were counting on. The company announced Wednesday that once activated, Snap Map places a location Bitmoji on the new map feature for anyone on a user’s friends list to see. But according...
Marries Snapchat CEO
May 28, 2017 11:56 AM CDT
Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO
Evan Spiegel is off the market, kids
- The world of single people is down one tech billionaire and one super model: Snapchat co-founder Evan Spiegel, 26, and Miranda Kerr, 34, got hitched over the weekend, reports
US Magazine .
If you didn't get an invite, that's because they kept it to a small ceremony of less...
Big Question on Snap:
Can It Rebound?
May 11, 2017 12:04 PM CDT
Big Question on Snap: Can It Rebound?
Competition from Facebook could be an issue
- It was a tough day for Snap Inc., and particularly CEO Evan Spiegel, on Wednesday. Snap stock plummeted 24% to $17.59 per share after the company's first quarterly earnings report since going public showed disappointing revenue growth and the slowest pace of user growth in years, reports Business...
Apr 20, 2017 1:30 AM CDT
Serena Confirms Pregnancy
She posts a '20 weeks' image of herself on Snapchat
- A rep for Serena Williams has confirmed the "Serena Is Pregnant!" headlines that set the Internet abuzz Wednesday. Earlier, the 35-year-old tennis great posted a photo of herself on Snapchat labeled "20 weeks," displaying what Page Six describes as a "growing baby bump." Williams,...
CEO Said App
Was 'Only for
Apr 17, 2017 12:26 PM CDT
Suit: Snapchat CEO Said App Was 'Only for Rich People'
Evan Spiegel didn't want to expand in 'poor countries like India and Spain': complaint
- Snapchat's "elusive" CEO may want to stay under the radar until the latest hubbub surrounding something he supposedly said clears up. Business Insider reports that Snap chief Evan Spiegel is being sued by Anthony Pompliano, who worked for the company for just a few weeks in 2015, with...
Apr 11, 2017 4:38 PM CDT
McDonald's Teams With Snapchat for 'World First'
You can send a video and apply for a job all at once
- Hoping to don a McDonald's uniform? Look no further than Snapchat. In an apparent "world first," McDonald's Australia says it has teamed up with Snapchat to let users apply for a job using the video app, reports News.com.au . Interested parties need only send the...
'Tired' of Messages
Plotted to Kill Girl
Mar 23, 2017 2:46 AM CDT
Cops: Teens 'Tired' of Messages Plotted to Kill Girl
Utah boys accused of leaving 14-year-old for dead
- Two 16-year-old boys accused of shooting a 14-year-old girl in the back of the head and leaving her for dead plotted to kill her because one of them was sick of her messages on Snapchat, a court heard this week. A sheriff's deputy testified at a preliminary hearing for...
Who Got Filthy Rich From Snap
IPO: a High School, Millennials
Mar 3, 2017 8:21 AM CST
Who Got Filthy Rich From Snap IPO: a High School, Millennials
Company's 26-year-old CEO is now looking at a $6B fortune
- A California high school has made millions of dollars from the initial public offering of shares in Snap Inc., the company behind Snapchat. The board of Saint Francis High School in Mountain View agreed to invest $15,000 in seed money in Snap in 2012, when the company was just...
It's a Good Day to Be
a Snap Co-Founder
Mar 2, 2017 11:33 AM CST
It's a Good Day to Be a Snap Co-Founder
Snap shares jumps 48% in IPO debut
- Shares of Snap Inc. opened for trading on the New York Stock Exchange on Thursday at $24 per share, up from the IPO price of $17 per share—and kept climbing, per MarketWatch . As of this writing, prices have risen 48% to over $25 per share. Snap co-founders Evan Spiegel,...
Snapchat Parent Company
Passes Big Wall Street Test
Mar 1, 2017 4:49 PM CST
Snapchat Parent Company Passes Big Wall Street Test
IPO priced above the expected range
- For Snap Inc., a social media company that started its official bid to go public last Halloween, the looming question now is whether investors are in for a trick or a treat. Snap passed its first major test on Wall Street on Wednesday, when the company behind the popular messaging...
Snap's Much-Awaited IPO
Looms, CEO 'Elusive'
Mar 1, 2017 9:03 AM CST
Snap's Much-Awaited IPO Looms, CEO 'Elusive'
Snap founder Evan Spiegel as secretive as ever right before much-hyped price set
- Those who remember the hype when Alibaba priced its initial public offering of stock in 2014 will get to relive that excitement Wednesday when Snap does the same. Reuters reports the owner of the Snapchat messaging app will serve up a number at the end of the trading day, with...
Glasses for Sale Online
Feb 20, 2017 11:33 AM CST
Snapchat's Smash-Hit Glasses for Sale Online
Spectacles will run you $129
- Snapchat found itself with a marketing sensation on its hands late last year when it began selling funky-looking sunglasses called Spectacles. The trick is they allow users to record quick videos and photos and send them directly to their Snapchat accounts, but the catch was they were available only through...
Sets IPO Price
Feb 16, 2017 7:27 AM CST
Snapchat's Parent Company Sets IPO Price
Snap Inc. values itself at up to $22B
- Snap Inc. is listing the company's valuation at up to $22 billion as it prepares for the tech industry's biggest initial public offering in years , reports the AP . Snapchat's parent company said in a regulatory filing Thursday that the IPO is likely to be priced between $14...
Snapchat Is Going Public,
Seeking Up to $3 Billion
Feb 2, 2017 7:08 PM CST
Snapchat Is Going Public, Seeking Up to $3 Billion
It could be the biggest tech IPO in years
- The company behind Snapchat, a teen-oriented social network famous for its quickly disappearing messages, has filed for what could be one of the largest tech IPOs in years, the AP reports. Snap Inc. said Thursday that it's seeking up to $3 billion in an initial public offering, a figure...
Cops: Killers Forced
Man to Eat Cat Litter
Dec 29, 2016 2:23 AM CST
Cops: Killers Forced Man to Eat Cat Litter
Brutal Milwaukee attack captured on Snapchat
- A young man in Milwaukee was beaten, urinated on, forced to eat cat litter, and dumped in a freezing alley to die the week before Christmas, all for the heinous crime of trying to steal a bong, police say. According to a criminal complaint, videos showing the brutal treatment of...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Sexual Link Investigated in Monkeypox Outbreak
In These 10 Cities, Open Up Your Wallet to Buy a Home
Virginia Republicans Take Barnes & Noble to Court
Report Details Abuse Coverup by Southern Baptist Leaders
Trump Jr. Killed a Bear, and His Guide May Go to Prison
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.