Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Add Newser to your home screen?
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 337,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
Steel Plant Spills Cyanide, Ammonia Into River
Locales on Little Calumet River, Lake Michigan unhappy with late notice
- What took so long? That's what residents and municipalities on the Little Calumet River and nearby Lake Michigan are wondering in regard to notification of a chemical spill into the water, reports CBS Chicago . The ArcelorMittal steel plant has apologized for the leak of cyanide and ammonia into the...
7 in Critical Condition, Dozens Hospitalized After Chemical Spill
37 hospitalized after anhydrous ammonia spills in Illinois
- A tractor was towing a pair of 2-ton tanks of anhydrous ammonia in Beach Park, Ill., around 4:30am Thursday, and somehow the chemical spilled—creating a toxic plume over the area and sending 37 people to the hospital. At least seven of those people are in critical condition with...
'Freaked Out' Scientist Finds Formaldehyde in W. Virginia Water
He tells lawmakers that he's not drinking it
- Scientists have found trace amounts of formaldehyde in water from Charleston, West Virginia, weeks after a huge chemical spill. After two chemicals from Freedom Industries leaked into the Elk River around Jan. 9, about 300,000 local residents were quickly told not to drink the water running through their pipes....
Popular on Newser
Zoom CEO: 'I Really Messed Up'
CDC: How to Make a Mask in 45 Seconds
'This Is Going to Be the Hardest and Saddest Week'
Airline Shrugged Off Social-Distancing Rules
Ignored Warnings, Infighting Led to Virus Response Failures
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Suggest a Story
Get our apps
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.