Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Liberty President on Massive
Snowball Fight: 'I Messed Up'
Feb 3, 2021 9:45 AM CST
Liberty President on Massive Snowball Fight: 'I Messed Up'
University is making headlines for potential superspreader event
- Liberty University is back in the news, this time because of a massive snowball fight in violation of the school's own coronavirus guidelines. The school had promoted Sunday's event in Lynchburg, Va., attended by hundreds of students who stood close together without masks. Photos uploaded to Facebook by...
Virginia Officials None Too
Happy With Liberty University
Mar 24, 2020 2:25 PM CDT
Virginia Officials None Too Happy With Liberty University
The school has invited its students to return to campus
- Officials in Lynchburg, Virginia, were fielding complaints Tuesday about the hundreds of students who have returned from their spring break to Liberty University, where President Jerry Falwell Jr. has welcomed them back amid the coronavirus pandemic. "We could not be more disappointed in the action that Jerry took in...
If Dam Fails, City Could
Be Flooded in 7 Minutes
Aug 3, 2018 9:14 AM CDT
If Dam Fails, City Could Be Flooded in 7 Minutes
College Lake Dam overflowing near Lynchburg, Va.
- Some 124 homes in Lynchburg, Va., are under evacuation orders with intense flooding in the region. The College Lake Dam, whose complete failure could put the downstream city of 80,000 under 17 feet of water in seven minutes, exceeded its capacity Thursday after four to six inches of rain...
This Is the Most
Average City in America
Mar 17, 2017 5:24 PM CDT
This Is the Most Average City in America
US cities don't get more typical than Lynchburg, Virginia
- There may not be a "Real America," but there's definitely an average America—and its name is Lynchburg, Virginia. NewCo Shift crunched the numbers on eight measurements (while admitting there are thousands more it could have used instead) to figure out what constitutes a typical American city....
Virginia Town Escapes
Disaster as Oil Train Derails
Apr 30, 2014 6:06 PM CDT
Virginia Town Escapes Disaster as Oil Train Derails
But some CSX cars ended up in the James River in Lynchburg
- A CSX train carrying crude oil derailed in the small town of Lynchburg, Va., today, and the AP reports that three tankers ended up in the James River. Nearby Richmond was preparing to switch to an alternate water supply, though officials said the river's high level will likely make...
Popular on Newser
Cruise Cancels at Sea, Stranding Passengers
Transportation CEO Steps In Front of Train to His Death
DeSantis: Wish I'd Been 'Much Louder' Against Trump's COVID Move
University President Fired For 'Inappropriate Relationship'
Maxwell Agrees to Revealing Identities of Men in Lawsuit
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.