Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
After Olympic Letdown, WADA
to Review Controversial Ban
Sep 15, 2021 12:22 PM CDT
After Olympic Letdown, WADA to Review Controversial Ban
Sha'Carri Richardson lost spot in Tokyo Games due to pot use
- Sha'Carri Richardson missed her chance to compete in Tokyo's Summer Olympics due to pot use, but a move by the World Anti-Doping Agency could keep future athletes from meeting the same fate. On Tuesday, WADA announced it will set up an advisory committee to review whether cannabis should...
Before Her First Olympics,
a Positive Test for Pot
Jul 2, 2021 8:57 AM CDT
Before Her First Olympics, a Positive Test for Pot
It's now not clear if 21-year-old sprinter Sha'Carri Richardson will compete in Tokyo Games
- A breakout track star set to head to her first Olympics is now in competition limbo after she tested positive for marijuana. In news first reported by the
in Jamaica, US sprinter Sha'Carri Richardson has had her win at last month's 100-meter race at the US Olympic...
World's Fastest Man
Is in Hot Water
Jun 17, 2020 4:39 PM CDT
World's Fastest Man Is in Hot Water
Christian Coleman could miss the Olympics
- The likelihood that the world’s fastest man, American sprinter Christian Coleman, might miss the Olympics next summer increased Wednesday when he received a provisional suspension for failing to be home when drug testers showed up last year. Coleman, the reigning world champion at 100 meters, said his latest flare-up...
School District's Way
to Push Back on 'Peer
Pressure': Drug Tests
Jul 25, 2019 9:45 AM CDT
School District's Way to Push Back on 'Peer Pressure': Drug Tests
Kids as young as 12 will be drug-tested in Bushland, Texas
- A Texas school district says students as young as 12 will need to submit to random drug testing to participate in band, chess, and other extracurriculars. Bushland Independent School District Superintendent Chris Wigington says the board's decision to drug-test students in grades seven through 12 when classes begin next...
How Lamar Odom
May 18, 2019 9:32 AM CDT
How Lamar Odom Cheated the Olympics
The NBA champion found a way around the drug test
- Lamar Odom admits he beat an Olympic drug test by using something huge, rubber, and black. In his new memoir
Darkness to Light
, the NBA champ says it was "one of the biggest honors in my career" to be offered a place on the US Men's Olympic basketball...
Dad Blasts Cop for
'Uncalled For' Handling
of Baby's Ashes
Mar 19, 2018 9:10 AM CDT
Dad Blasts Cop for 'Uncalled For' Handling of Baby's Ashes
Anthony Butler says deputy spilled infant's cremated remains all over his car during traffic stop
- Anthony Butler says he knew he'd get a ticket when a cop pulled him over March 11 for not having a front license plate on his vehicle. What he didn't expect was to lose most of his infant daughter's cremated remains. "Almost all her ashes are...
Drug Tests That Broke Apart
56 Families Were Flawed
Feb 27, 2018 7:13 AM CST
Drug Tests That Broke Apart 56 Families Were Flawed
Authorities in Canada apologize, promise fixes
- Authorities in Canada investigating the use of a now-discredited drug test have revealed an alarming stat: At least 56 families in Ontario were "broken apart" from 1990 to 2015 largely as a result of the flawed hair testing, and in only four of those cases were children returned to...
World's Most Famous Racing
Dogs Busted for Doping
Oct 19, 2017 7:11 AM CDT
World's Most Famous Racing Dogs Busted for Doping
Several canine Iditarod competitors tested positive for pain reliever tramadol
- For the first time in the history of the world's most famous sled dog race, several of the high-performance animals have tested positive for a prohibited drug—but race officials have refused to name the musher involved. Several dogs tested positive for the opioid pain reliever tramadol, the governing...
Olympian's Girlfriend Smooch
Nearly Ruined His Career
Jul 15, 2017 9:11 AM CDT
Olympian's Girlfriend Smooch Nearly Ruined His Career
Gil Roberts failed drug test, but arbitrator rules it was because of his kissing
- Gold-medal sprinter Gil Roberts nearly kissed away his career. But an arbitrator cleared the champ of charges he ingested a banned substance, conceding the drug got into his system exactly as Roberts says it did—through smooching with his girlfriend, reports
. Roberts, 28, who won the 4x400-meter relay...
Popular on Newser
Researchers May Have Found Anne Frank's Betrayer
'Inexcusable' Assignment at Middle School Spurs Outrage
Skier May Face Manslaughter Charges After Deadly Collision
Airlines Have a Dire Warning on 5G Rollout
Friction Is Heating Up Between Trump, DeSantis
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.