Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Report Incriminates Ex-Pope on Sex Abuse Cases
Mohammed bin Salman
Stories 1 - 20 |
Saudis Release Princess
Who Spent 3 Years in Detention
Jan 10, 2022 4:01 AM CST
Saudis Release Princess Who Spent 3 Years in Detention
Princess Basmah said to be seeking medical care
The Saudi princess who spent three years in state prison despite no charges having been filed against her is now free. Princess Basmah bint Saud bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, an outspoken human and women's rights advocate and critic of her cousin the crown prince and the country's...
Nov 21, 2021 6:40 PM CST
Khashoggi Fiancee to Bieber: Cancel Show
He is scheduled to play in Saudi Arabia
- Justin Bieber is slated to play a show next month in Saudi Arabia at a Formula One race. Slain journalist Jamal Khashoggi’s fiancée is one of many vocal critics asking him to pull out of the commitment. In an open letter on the
opinion section, Hatice...
Exiled Security Official Calls
Saudi Prince a 'Psychopath'
Oct 25, 2021 2:16 PM CDT
Exiled Security Official Calls Saudi Prince a 'Psychopath'
Saad Aljabri said he fears for his life in 60 Minutes interview
- An exiled former security official for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia called the crown prince and de facto ruler of the kingdom a "psychopath" and a "killer," in an interview on CBS ’s
. Saad Aljabri lives in Canada now, but back in 2014 he...
Has Answers to Persistent
'Salvator Mundi' Questions
Apr 12, 2021 11:45 AM CDT
Has Answers to Persistent 'Salvator Mundi' Questions
Including why it wasn't shown at the Louvre as planned in 2019
- The world has had questions about "Salvator Mundi." The
New York Times
says it has answers. After the painting sold for an eye-popping $450 million in 2017, it remained out of the public eye, reportedly in the hands of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia, its...
Feb 26, 2021 1:35 PM CST
US Releases Damning Report on Saudi Prince
US intelligence blames Mohammed bin Salman for murder of Jamal Khashoggi
- The US released an intelligence report on Friday that directly implicates Saudi Arabia's crown prince in the 2018 murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi . The central conclusion of the report was widely expected given that intelligence officials were said to have reached it soon after the brutal killing of Khashoggi,...
US to Share Report Blaming
MBS for Khashoggi Killing
Feb 25, 2021 7:52 AM CST
US to Share Report Blaming MBS for Khashoggi Killing
UN expert says it must be released 'for the sake of American democracy'
- Though Donald Trump played nice with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, it does not appear that President Biden will keep that up . The Biden administration plans to release on Thursday a declassified version of a 2018 intelligence report that concluded the crown prince approved and likely ordered the killing...
Saudi Activist's Release
Seen as a Nod to Biden
Feb 11, 2021 12:58 PM CST
Saudi Activist's Release Seen as a Nod to Biden
Prince Mohammed bin Salman may be trying to play nice by freeing Loujain al-Hathloul
- US and Canadian authorities are celebrating the release of a Saudi women's rights activist after 1,001 days in prison, though allies say she is not yet "free." Loujain al-Hathloul, a 31-year-old activist who attended university in Canada, was arrested in 2014 as she defied a ban...
PM Met Secretly
Nov 23, 2020 9:25 AM CST
Reports: Israeli PM Met Secretly With Saudi Crown Prince
Saudi Arabia is denying the meeting, which also reportedly included Mike Pompeo
- A secret rendezvous between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo also in attendance, reportedly took place Sunday, Israeli sources say. Axios reports that flight data showed a private jet leaving Tel Aviv Sunday evening, arriving in the...
Saudi Crown Prince Sued
in US Court Over 2018 Murder
Oct 20, 2020 12:46 PM CDT
Saudi Crown Prince Sued in US Court Over 2018 Murder
Jamal Khashoggi's fiancee says he saw the journalist as an 'existential threat'
- Jamal Khashoggi's fiancee has sued Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in US federal court over the death of the Saudi journalist. Hatice Cengiz, along with the human rights organization founded by Khashoggi, allege in the suit that Khashoggi's torture, death, and dismemberment came at the "directive of...
Ex-Intelligence Officer: Prince
Sent 'Tiger Squad' to Kill Me
Aug 7, 2020 6:27 AM CDT
Ex-Intelligence Officer: Prince Sent 'Tiger Squad' to Kill Me
Saad Aljabri, who lives in exile in Toronto, says customs agents stopped the men
- A former Saudi intelligence official says Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman wants him dead—and he might have ended up like Jamal Khashoggi if not for alert customs agents in Canada. In a federal lawsuit filed in Washington, DC, Thursday, Saad Aljabri, who lives in exile in Toronto, accuses the...
This Khashoggi Murder
Trial Won't Be Secret
Jul 3, 2020 10:33 AM CDT
This Khashoggi Murder Trial Won't Be Secret
20 Saudi nationals go on trial in absentia in Turkey
- Twenty Saudi nationals are on trial in absentia in Turkey for the 2018 murder of Jamal Khashoggi inside the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul, including two former aides of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. Ahmed al-Asiri, the former deputy head of Saudi Arabia's general intelligence, and Saud al-Qahtani, an...
I'm in Jail for No Reason
Apr 17, 2020 11:18 AM CDT
Saudi Princess: I'm in Jail for No Reason
Human rights advocate is the crown prince's cousin
- A senior Saudi royal says she and a daughter are being held in a Riyadh prison without charge despite repeated pleas to her cousin, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. Princess Basmah bint Saud bin Abdulaziz al-Saud—a granddaughter of Saudi Arabia's founding monarch and the youngest daughter of King...
20 Saudis Accused of 'Torment
Through Fiendish Instinct'
Mar 25, 2020 10:25 AM CDT
20 Saudis Accused of 'Torment Through Fiendish Instinct'
Turkish prosecutors file indictment over Khashoggi killing
- Turkish prosecutors have formally charged two former aides of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and 18 other Saudi nationals over the 2018 killing of
columnist Jamal Khashoggi, officials said Wednesday. A statement from the Istanbul chief prosecutor's office said it has completed its investigation into Khashoggi'...
Mar 10, 2020 6:54 PM CDT
Here's Why Saudi Royals Were Reportedly Arrested
They were allegedly trying to keep crown prince from becoming king
- Sources say the two Saudi royals arrested Friday were thinking of scheming to block Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's accession to the throne should his father, King Salman, die or become incapacitated. The sources tell the
Prince Ahmed bin Abdul Aziz, the last living full brother of the...
2 Saudi Princes Arrested
Mar 7, 2020 4:30 PM CST
2 Saudi Princes Arrested
Authorities nab the king's beloved younger brother and nephew
- Two senior princes in Saudi Arabia are under arrest for not supporting Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who has consolidated control of all major levers of power with the support of his father, King Salman, two people close to the royal family said Saturday, the AP reports. The arrests on...
UN Experts Want Immediate
Probe of Alleged Bezos Hack
Jan 22, 2020 11:22 AM CST
UN Experts Want Immediate Probe of Alleged Bezos Hack
Sources say Saudi crown prince sent him infected WhatsApp file
- The world's richest man had his phone hacked during what he thought was a friendly chat with Saudi Arabia's crown prince, insiders say, and now UN experts are calling for an "immediate investigation" of the allegations by "the US and other relevant authorities." Sources tell...
About Saudi Prince
Dec 13, 2019 10:57 AM CST
Military Bill Forces Statement About Saudi Prince
Intelligence chief must make determination on whether MBS ordered Khashoggi killing
- The acting director of national intelligence will have 30 days to present a formal determination on the killers of
columnist Jamal Khashoggi under the military bill passed by the House this week. Though the White House was insistent that punitive measures against the Saudi regime be stripped from...
Telling the Full Story
of Khashoggi's Murder
Oct 2, 2019 3:30 PM CDT
Telling the Full Story of Khashoggi's Murder
On the first anniversary of his death
- On Oct. 2, 2018, the journalist Jamal Khashoggi was murdered in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. One year later, Insider tells the story "as we know it," based on a 100-page report by the UN special rapporteur for extrajudicial, summary, or arbitrary executions released in June, hundreds of...
Calls With Putin,
Sep 28, 2019 6:30 AM CDT
WH Concealed Calls With Putin, Crown Prince: Report
As well as reported convo in which Trump told Russians election interference didn't concern him
- As an impeachment inquiry into President Trump gains momentum after a whistleblower complaint regarding his July phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelensky, more stories are breaking that suggest a concealment like the one alleged after the Trump-Zelensky call may not have been limited to that call. Sources tell CNN...
A Year On,
Saudi Crown Prince
Sep 26, 2019 11:40 AM CDT
A Year On, Saudi Crown Prince Talks Khashoggi
MBS says murder 'happened under my watch' but denies knowledge of it
- Saudi Arabia's crown prince has accepted responsibility for the first time in Jamal Khashoggi's murder at the kingdom's Istanbul consulate last October—though he still claims he had no knowledge of it. "I get all the responsibility, because it happened under my watch," Mohammed bin...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
At 63, Gabriel Garcia Marquez Had an Affair—and a Daughter
Singer's Decision to Catch COVID on Purpose Kills Her
She Died on African Hunting Trip. 5 Years Later, Husband Is Arrested
Removal of Roosevelt Statue Begins
Wife of Cryptocurrency CEO Maintains She Watched Him Die
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.