Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Mohammed bin Salman
Stories 1 - 20 |
9/11 Families: 2023 Masters
Will Be a 'Slap in the Face'
Dec 21, 2022 10:40 AM CST
9/11 Families: 2023 Masters Will Be a 'Slap in the Face'
Tournament to welcome golfers from Saudi-backed LIV league
- Families of victims and survivors of the 9/11 terrorist attacks are planning to protest at the Masters this spring in response to Augusta National Golf Club's decision to allow golfers from the Saudi-backed LIV league to participate. Augusta National Chairman Fred Ridley announced Tuesday that qualified golfers from both...
Judge's Move Likely
Marks End of Efforts
to Hold MBS Accountable
Dec 7, 2022 12:47 AM CST
Judge's Move Likely Marks End of Efforts to Hold MBS Accountable
Judge dismisses lawsuit against Saudi crown prince in journalist's murder
- The move Jamal Khashoggi's fiancee feared has come to pass: A US district court judge on Tuesday dismissed her lawsuit against Saudi Arabia's crown prince in the murder of the
journalist. Judge John Bates said he felt "uneasiness" in the decision, but had essentially no...
Crown Prince's New Job
Could Give Him Immunity
in Khashoggi Killing
Sep 28, 2022 1:00 AM CDT
Crown Prince's New Job Could Give Him Immunity in Khashoggi Killing
Mohammed bin Salman appointed prime minister by royal decree
- Saudi Arabia's powerful Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman was appointed prime minister on Tuesday by royal decree, the AP reports. The crown prince, who is heir to the throne held by King Salman, already wields wide powers and is seen as the kingdom's day-to-day leader. The royal decree...
Biden Wraps Up Mideast
Trip With a Promise
Jul 16, 2022 11:30 AM CDT
Biden Wraps Up Mideast Trip With a Promise
'We will not walk away and leave a vacuum,' he told Arab leaders summit in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- President Biden, speaking at a summit of Arab leaders, said Saturday that the United States "will not walk away" from the Middle East as he tries to ensure stability in a volatile part of the world and boost the global flow of oil to reverse rising gas prices. His...
Biden Offers Prince a Fist Bump
Jul 15, 2022 2:19 PM CDT
Biden Offers Prince a Fist Bump
President meets with controversial Prince MBS, though they avoid a handshake
- President Biden settled for a fist bump when meeting Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in Saudi Arabia on Friday, avoiding the possibility of being photographed in a friendly handshake with the leader of a state he had promised to ostracize. Biden had his fist formed as he walked toward the...
Biden's Last Stop in the
Middle East Is His Big One
Jul 13, 2022 10:20 AM CDT
Biden's Last Stop in the Middle East Is His Big One
That would be Saudi Arabia
- President Biden landed in Israel on Wednesday for his first trip to the Middle East since taking office. It's a whirlwind four-day trip: Biden is spending two days in Jerusalem for talks with Israeli leaders before meeting Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on Friday in the West Bank. He then...
Biden's First Middle East Trip
Raises Some Eyebrows
Jun 14, 2022 8:43 AM CDT
Biden's First Middle East Trip Raises Some Eyebrows
President will meet with Crown Prince Mohammed in Saudi Arabia, which he once called a 'pariah'
- President Biden will make his first trip to the Middle East next month with visits to Israel, the West Bank, and Saudi Arabia, the White House announced Tuesday. The decision to pay a call on Saudi leaders during the July 13-16 trip comes after Biden as a Democratic presidential candidate...
2 Trump Team Alums
Score Hefty Saudi Deals
Apr 11, 2022 12:36 PM CDT
2 Trump Team Alums Score Hefty Saudi Deals
NYT: Jared Kushner gets $2B and Steven Mnuchin $1B for respective investment funds
- Two big names from the Trump administration have struck lucrative deals with Saudi Arabia for their investment funds. The
New York Times
reports that Jared Kushner received $2 billion from the nation's Public Investment Fund for his firm Affinity Equity and that former Treasury chief Steven Mnuchin got $1...
Turkey Moves Khashoggi
Murder Trial to ... Saudi Arabia
Apr 7, 2022 7:43 AM CDT
Turkey Moves Khashoggi Murder Trial to ... Saudi Arabia
Country is now accused of trying to cover up its findings as it seeks to restore relations
- A court in Turkey has transferred the trial over Jamal Khashoggi's murder to Saudi Arabia, which is unlikely to even hear it, wiping away hopes from some human rights advocates that justice can finally be achieved for the journalist who was killed and dismembered inside the Saudi Consulate in...
'I Do Not Care'
Mar 3, 2022 11:08 AM CST
Saudi's MBS: 'I Do Not Care' if Biden Dislikes Me
Crown prince talks to 'Atlantic,' again denies role in Khashoggi murder
is out with an interview of Saudi Arabia's Mohammad bin Salman , his first with a non-Saudi outlet in about two years. The 36-year-old crown prince has been keeping a relatively low profile since the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi , and that factored heavily in the talk. Some...
Saudis Release Princess
Who Spent 3 Years in Detention
Jan 10, 2022 4:01 AM CST
Saudis Release Princess Who Spent 3 Years in Detention
Princess Basmah said to be seeking medical care
The Saudi princess who spent three years in state prison despite no charges having been filed against her is now free. Princess Basmah bint Saud bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, an outspoken human and women's rights advocate and critic of her cousin the crown prince and the country's...
Nov 21, 2021 6:40 PM CST
Khashoggi Fiancee to Bieber: Cancel Show
He is scheduled to play in Saudi Arabia
- Justin Bieber is slated to play a show next month in Saudi Arabia at a Formula One race. Slain journalist Jamal Khashoggi’s fiancée is one of many vocal critics asking him to pull out of the commitment. In an open letter on the
opinion section, Hatice...
Exiled Security Official Calls
Saudi Prince a 'Psychopath'
Oct 25, 2021 2:16 PM CDT
Exiled Security Official Calls Saudi Prince a 'Psychopath'
Saad Aljabri said he fears for his life in 60 Minutes interview
- An exiled former security official for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia called the crown prince and de facto ruler of the kingdom a "psychopath" and a "killer," in an interview on CBS ’s
. Saad Aljabri lives in Canada now, but back in 2014 he...
Has Answers to Persistent
'Salvator Mundi' Questions
Apr 12, 2021 11:45 AM CDT
Has Answers to Persistent 'Salvator Mundi' Questions
Including why it wasn't shown at the Louvre as planned in 2019
- The world has had questions about "Salvator Mundi." The
New York Times
says it has answers. After the painting sold for an eye-popping $450 million in 2017, it remained out of the public eye, reportedly in the hands of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia, its...
Feb 26, 2021 1:35 PM CST
US Releases Damning Report on Saudi Prince
US intelligence blames Mohammed bin Salman for murder of Jamal Khashoggi
- The US released an intelligence report on Friday that directly implicates Saudi Arabia's crown prince in the 2018 murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi . The central conclusion of the report was widely expected given that intelligence officials were said to have reached it soon after the brutal killing of Khashoggi,...
US to Share Report Blaming
MBS for Khashoggi Killing
Feb 25, 2021 7:52 AM CST
US to Share Report Blaming MBS for Khashoggi Killing
UN expert says it must be released 'for the sake of American democracy'
- Though Donald Trump played nice with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, it does not appear that President Biden will keep that up . The Biden administration plans to release on Thursday a declassified version of a 2018 intelligence report that concluded the crown prince approved and likely ordered the killing...
Saudi Activist's Release
Seen as a Nod to Biden
Feb 11, 2021 12:58 PM CST
Saudi Activist's Release Seen as a Nod to Biden
Prince Mohammed bin Salman may be trying to play nice by freeing Loujain al-Hathloul
- US and Canadian authorities are celebrating the release of a Saudi women's rights activist after 1,001 days in prison, though allies say she is not yet "free." Loujain al-Hathloul, a 31-year-old activist who attended university in Canada, was arrested in 2014 as she defied a ban...
PM Met Secretly
Nov 23, 2020 9:25 AM CST
Reports: Israeli PM Met Secretly With Saudi Crown Prince
Saudi Arabia is denying the meeting, which also reportedly included Mike Pompeo
- A secret rendezvous between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo also in attendance, reportedly took place Sunday, Israeli sources say. Axios reports that flight data showed a private jet leaving Tel Aviv Sunday evening, arriving in the...
Saudi Crown Prince Sued
in US Court Over 2018 Murder
Oct 20, 2020 12:46 PM CDT
Saudi Crown Prince Sued in US Court Over 2018 Murder
Jamal Khashoggi's fiancee says he saw the journalist as an 'existential threat'
- Jamal Khashoggi's fiancee has sued Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in US federal court over the death of the Saudi journalist. Hatice Cengiz, along with the human rights organization founded by Khashoggi, allege in the suit that Khashoggi's torture, death, and dismemberment came at the "directive of...
Ex-Intelligence Officer: Prince
Sent 'Tiger Squad' to Kill Me
Aug 7, 2020 6:27 AM CDT
Ex-Intelligence Officer: Prince Sent 'Tiger Squad' to Kill Me
Saad Aljabri, who lives in exile in Toronto, says customs agents stopped the men
- A former Saudi intelligence official says Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman wants him dead—and he might have ended up like Jamal Khashoggi if not for alert customs agents in Canada. In a federal lawsuit filed in Washington, DC, Thursday, Saad Aljabri, who lives in exile in Toronto, accuses the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Teen Admits Horrific Murder of Classmate, 13
Vendor Serves Up Another 'Insensitive' School Lunch
Musk Is Worried About Himself. So Is His Mom
Western New York Jolted Awake: 'Felt Like a Car Hit My House
Chris Brown Didn't Take His Grammy Loss Well
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.