Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Report on Former
White House Physician
Ronny Jackson Is 'Scathing'
Mar 3, 2021 6:53 AM CST
Report on Former White House Physician Ronny Jackson Is 'Scathing'
Jackson, now a lawmaker, allegedly drank and took sleeping pills on the job
- While Ronny Jackson was the top White House physician during portions of the Obama and Trump administrations, the doctor allegedly drank alcohol and took Ambien while on the job. That's according to a report issued by the Department of Defense inspector general, which CNN calls "scathing." Jackson,...
Jeff Sessions Is Out,
and Other Primary Results
Jul 15, 2020 1:03 AM CDT
Jeff Sessions Is Out, and Other Primary Results
Tommy Tuberville, endorsed by Trump, beats former AG in Alabama
- Former US Attorney General Jeff Sessions lost the Republican nomination for his old Senate seat in Alabama to former college football coach Tommy Tuberville on Tuesday, likely ending a long political career with a bitter defeat egged on by President Trump. Tuberville, 65, beat Sessions in Tuesday’s Republican runoff...
Doctor: We Put
Feb 26, 2020 2:34 PM CST
Doctor: We Put Cauliflower in Trump's Mashed Potatoes
A nugget from former White House physician Ronny Jackson
- The article is about Ronny Jackson's run for Congress, but many headlines that have emerged in coverage of the
New York Times
piece involve the word "cauliflower." That's because he's also Dr. Ronny Jackson, the former White House physician to the past three presidents. And,...
Feb 14, 2019 6:24 PM CST
Results of Trump's Physical Are In
'Very good health overall,' but the president is technically obese
- The good news for President Trump is that the doctor who performed last week's medical exam pronounced the 72-year-old to be in "very good health overall." The bad news is that Trump gained 4 pounds from last year, enough to qualify him as technically obese, reports NPR...
Ahead of Physical, Trump
Hasn't Followed Doctor's Advice
Feb 8, 2019 6:38 AM CST
Ahead of Physical, Trump Hasn't Followed Doctor's Advice
Different physician will perform this year's exam
- President Trump, the second president ever to still be in office at the age of 72, undergoes the second physical exam of his presidency Friday—and though he was declared to be in "excellent health" last year, insiders say he hasn't been following the medical advice he was...
Trump's New Pick for VA
Is Much Less Controversial
May 18, 2018 12:04 PM CDT
Trump's New Pick for VA Is Much Less Controversial
Acting director Robert Wilkie asked to lead the agency permanently
- Acting Veterans Affairs Secretary Robert Wilkie is President Trump's pick to permanently lead the beleaguered department. Wilkie is a former Pentagon undersecretary for personnel and readiness, and a former adviser to GOP Sen. Thom Tillis of North Carolina. He's led the agency for two months, ever since Trump...
Report: Jackson Won't Go
Back to Being Trump's Doctor
Apr 30, 2018 1:13 AM CDT
Report: Jackson Won't Go Back to Being Trump's Doctor
Sources say Sean Conley will continue in role
- Dr. Ronny Jackson not only won't be taking up a new job as Veterans Affairs chief, he won't be returning to his old job as White House physician, administration sources tell Politico and the
. The officials say Navy officer Sean Conley, who took over as President...
Trump Rails on
Dem Who Helped
Derail VA Pick:
'Not Fair, Tester!'
Apr 28, 2018 7:39 AM CDT
Trump Rails on Dem Who Helped Derail VA Pick: 'Not Fair, Tester!'
White House pushes back on allegations with internal records it says support Ronny Jackson
- The White House said Friday that internal records raise doubt about some of the most serious allegations leveled against White House doctor Ronny Jackson in his failed bid to become the next secretary of Veterans Affairs. Jackson withdrew his nomination Thursday after allegations by current and former colleagues raised questions...
Amid 'False' Accusations,
Trump's VA Pick Drops Out
Apr 26, 2018 7:52 AM CDT
Amid 'False' Accusations, Trump's VA Pick Drops Out
White House physician Ronny Jackson says allegations against him have become a 'distraction'
- The so-called "Candyman" won't be getting a sweet gig in the Trump administration after all. Dr. Ronny Jackson, the White House physician who became the president's pick to head the Department of Veterans Affairs, has withdrawn his nomination amid misconduct allegations, per the
. Jackson put out...
Trump's VA Pick Was
Apr 25, 2018 4:36 PM CDT
Sources Say Trump's VA Pick Was Nicknamed 'Candyman'
Ronny Jackson continues to deny the allegations against him
- A summary of allegations against President Donald Trump's pick to head the Department of Veterans Affairs says he recklessly prescribed drugs, had his own private stock of controlled substances, and got drunk and crashed a government car. The summary was released by Democrats as the White House rallied behind...
White House Defends
Jackson, Quotes Obama
Apr 25, 2018 5:00 AM CDT
White House Defends Jackson, Quotes Obama
More allegations against VA pick surface
- Hours after President Trump said he would understand if Veterans Affairs nominee Ronny Jackson bowed out, the administration made it clear it was going to continue supporting the White House physician—and even used Barack Obama to defend him. The White House released years of performance reviews, including one in...
Trump: My VA Nominee
Doesn't Deserve This 'Abuse'
Apr 24, 2018 1:56 PM CDT
Trump: My VA Nominee Doesn't Deserve This 'Abuse'
President says he'd understand if Ronny Jackson bows out
- The odds of President Trump's Veteran Affairs nominee actually assuming that post seem to be shrinking quickly, and Trump himself said Tuesday he'd understand if White House physician Ronny Jackson bowed out, reports the AP . “If I were him … I wouldn’t do it,” Trump...
Source: Allegations Could
'Sink' Trump's VA Choice
Apr 24, 2018 6:52 AM CDT
Source: Allegations Could 'Sink' Trump's VA Choice
Senators delay Ronny Jackson confirmation hearing
- Democrats say they are discussing some "raw allegations" against Ronny Jackson, President Trump's nominee to head the Department of Veterans Affairs—but they're not saying exactly what those allegations involve. "All I can really tell you at this moment is we are continuing the vetting process,...
Outgoing VA Chief Takes
Parting Shot at White House
Mar 29, 2018 10:36 AM CDT
Outgoing VA Chief Takes Parting Shot at White House
David Shulkin says he was forced out over privatization; new pick is 'Doc' Ronny Jackson
- That President Trump fired his embattled Veterans Affairs secretary on Wednesday is no big surprise. After all, David Shulkin had been on the outs with the White House over reports of improper spending and policy differences . Far more surprising is Trump's pick to replace him: White House physician Ronny...
Popular on Newser
Centuries Ago, We Slept Much Differently
Schwarzenegger in Multi-Vehicle Accident
Mom's Remarks Over Face Masks Lead to Charges
Clarence Thomas' Wife the Focus of Critical New Profile
Passengers in NC Plane Landing Got a Wild Ride
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.