Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Piece of Sweet 'Nostalgia' Coming Back to Store Shelves
Necco Wafers candy has been revived by Spangler Candy Company
- Two years ago saw an abrupt ending to one of the country's most enduring candy brands, but we're about to see a revival. CNN Business announces the "sweet comeback" of Necco Wafers, the disk-shaped confection whose name was derived from the acronym of the New England Confectionery...
Sorry, Sweethearts Fans: Iconic Candy Won't Be Sold This Year
But you can opt for other candy hearts
- Sweethearts—those chalky little candies with messages on them—won't be on store shelves this Valentine's Day, the AP reports. The New England Confectionary Co.—or Necco—had been making the popular candies since 1886. But the company filed for bankruptcy protection last spring. Ohio-based Spangler Candy...
Storied US Candy Company's Plant Unexpectedly Closes
Round Hill Investments announced Necco brands are being sold
- The owner of the company behind chalky, colorful confections such as Necco Wafers and Sweethearts has unexpectedly shut down operations at its Massachusetts plant and hasn't said if candy production will resume, reports the AP . The
reports Round Hill Investments announced Tuesday it is selling Necco brands...
Twinkies Savior Gets Sweet Deal for Necco Wafers
New England Confectionery Co. sells for $17.3M
- A company that once rescued the Twinkies brand is now taking over the maker of Necco Wafers, reports the AP . The family business of billionaire Dean Metropoulos announced Friday it paid $17.3 million for the New England Confectionery Co., or Necco. It's a surprise ending to a federal...
Popular on Newser
Trump Cuts 60 Minutes Interview Short, Calls It 'FAKE'
Family, Friends of Woman Killed by Falling Tree Will Get $28M
Giuliani Appears to Touch Himself in Borat Scene
NYT : Trump Has Previously Undisclosed Chinese Account
After 47 Years, Marshals on Trail of Escaped Child Killer
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.