Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Alexander Vindman Sues
Over Alleged Retaliation
Feb 2, 2022 10:56 AM CST
Alexander Vindman Sues Over Alleged Retaliation
Files suit against Donald Trump Jr., Rudy Giuliani, Dan Scavino, Julia Hahn
- Retired Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman is citing the 1871 Ku Klux Klan Act in a lawsuit he filed against Donald Trump Jr., Rudy Giuliani, and two former White House officials in connection with then-President Donald Trump's 2019 impeachment. Vindman alleges the two men, along with former White House Deputy...
Milley Defends China Calls
in First Public Comments
Sep 17, 2021 7:45 AM CDT
Milley Defends China Calls in First Public Comments
Top military leader says they were 'routine,' will go into more detail before Congress
- The nation's top military officer has offered his first public comments on the controversy over his newly revealed calls to China in the waning days of the Trump administration. In an interview with the AP , Gen. Mark Milley says the calls were above board. Coverage:
Vindman's Wife Speaks Out:
Trump 'Came After Our Family'
Oct 17, 2020 7:30 AM CDT
Vindman's Wife Speaks Out: Trump 'Came After Our Family'
Rachel Vindman says president was 'obsessed' with her husband after his impeachment testimony
- During Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman's testimony in the Trump impeachment hearings, and in the aftermath, when he says political retaliation basically forced him to retire , his wife, Rachel, stayed behind the scenes. Now, however, she's speaking out, via a campaign ad put out by the Lincoln Project and...
the US Struggles,
I See a 'Chorus
Aug 1, 2020 9:00 AM CDT
Vindman: As the US Struggles, I See a 'Chorus of Hope'
Retired Army officer attacked by Trump says despite 'personal turmoil,' he'll keep fighting for US
- One of the key figures in the impeachment hearings for President Trump says his testimony effectively ended his career—but for telling the truth, he has no regrets. In a new op-ed in the
, retired Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman reiterates that he stepped down from his military post...
Vindman Ends Military Career,
Cites White House 'Retaliation'
Jul 8, 2020 10:46 AM CDT
Vindman Ends Military Career, Cites White House 'Retaliation'
His lawyer says key impeachment witness believes his military future 'will forever be limited'
- Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman is calling it quits on his 21-year military career, and his lawyer says it's because Vindman believes his future in the US Army "will forever be limited" due to political retaliation at the hands of President Trump and his allies. Vindman says he found...
Ready to Block
Over 1K Military
Jul 3, 2020 5:30 PM CDT
Senator: I'm Ready to Block Over 1K Military Promotions
Sen. Tammy Duckworth stands up for a key Trump whistleblower
- Sen. Tammy Duckworth is drawing the line. The Illinois Democrat announced Thursday she'll hold up over 1,100 military promotions unless the Pentagon promises it won't block the promotion of Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who testified in in the House impeachment inquiry of President Trump,
John Kelly Speaks, and
Trump Isn't Happy
Feb 13, 2020 11:22 AM CST
John Kelly Speaks, and Trump Isn't Happy
It was 'a killer' working in the White House, says former chief of staff
- John Kelly spoke at Drew University in New Jersey Wednesday night, and Trump's former chief of staff was unusually candid about his stint at the White House under President Trump.
"I'm disappointed in myself for leaving, but it was a killer, I mean, no joke,
Trump: Military Could Punish
Vindman for Testimony
Feb 12, 2020 7:17 AM CST
Trump: Military Could Punish Vindman for Testimony
Security adviser claims brothers weren't fired
- There were dueling messages on Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman from the White House on Tuesday, with President Trump suggesting the impeachment witness might be disciplined by the military and national security adviser Robert O'Brien insisting he had not been retaliated against—or even fired. Vindman, the National Security Council'...
Trump Fired Sondland Despite
Warnings From GOP Senators
Feb 9, 2020 8:34 AM CST
Trump Fired Sondland Despite Warnings From GOP Senators
Collins and others feared a backlash over ousting impeachment witness
- Gordon Sondland, ambassador to the EU, was in talks to head off into the sunset with the impeachment trial over. Leave it at that, several Republican senators urged President Trump: Let him leave quietly to avoid looking like you're purging the administration of House impeachment witnesses. The senators lost...
Feb 7, 2020 8:28 PM CST
2 Non-Candidates Get Big Ovations at Debate
Mitt Romney and the NSC's Alexander Vindman
- Two people not running for president got plenty of applause during the Democratic debate Friday night.
Joe Biden at one point urged the crowd to stand in support of Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman of the National Security Council, who testified in the House impeachment inquiry, reports
. Vindman was
Out of the
Feb 7, 2020 3:40 PM CST
Vindman Is Escorted Out of the White House
Ukraine expert testified in Trump impeachment hearings
- One of the most explosive testimonies during President Trump's impeachment hearings came from Army Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who listened in on the July 25 phone call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. Now, Vindman's days as director for European affairs on the National Security Council are...
'Comes Down to One Guy'
Nov 20, 2019 6:51 AM CST
Impeachment Hearing 'Comes Down to One Guy'
Gordon Sondland testifies Wednesday
- With US Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland set to testify, Democrats are hoping Wednesday's impeachment hearing will deliver more bombshells than a B-52. Insiders say Sondland's testimony is that which the White House fears most, raising concerns that he might choose to plead the Fifth Amendment...
Tuesday's Hearings Called
a 'Very Bad Day' for Trump
Nov 20, 2019 4:40 AM CST
Tuesday's Hearings Called a 'Very Bad Day' for Trump
GOP's witnesses weren't much help, analysts say
- Tuesday's impeachment hearings were a "great day for Republicans," President Trump tweeted —but many analysts disagree. After Lt. Col Alexander Vindman and Jennifer Williams, a Mike Pence aide, testified in the morning, the House Intelligence Committee heard from Kurt Volker, the former special envoy to Ukraine,...
Fox Hosts Advised Against It.
Trump Weighs In Anyway
Nov 19, 2019 7:15 PM CST
Fox Hosts Advised Against It. Trump Weighs In Anyway
It's a big day on Capitol Hill for the proceedings
- President Trump on Tuesday weighed in on the resumption of impeachment hearings, though two Fox News hosts had advised him to refrain. "What is going on is a disgrace and it’s an embarrassment to our nation,” Trump told reporters, per the Hill . His Twitter feed also filled...
Nov 19, 2019 10:40 AM CST
Vindman Reminds Nunes of His Rank
Also, Army may move him and family to military base for protection
- The Army is looking into the possibility of moving impeachment witness Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman and his family onto a military base to make sure they're safe, reports the
Wall Street Journal
. The Ukraine native, who's testifying Tuesday, has been the subject of much online vilification from supporters...
'Star Witness' to Testify
in Impeachment Hearing
Nov 19, 2019 6:51 AM CST
'Star Witness' to Testify in Impeachment Hearing
Republicans attack Vindman on eve of testimony
- The second week of impeachment hearings kicks off Tuesday with the testimony of Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman at 9am—a man the
considers one of the Democrats' "star witnesses." Vindman, a Purple Heart recipient who is the National Security Council's top Ukraine specialist, is expected...
Trump Responds to Pelosi's
Invitation to Testify
Nov 18, 2019 9:04 AM CST
Trump Responds to Pelosi's Invitation to Testify
President says he will 'strongly consider' it
- On Sunday, Nancy Pelosi said President Trump was welcome to personally testify in the House impeachment inquiry. On Monday, Trump said he just might do that. "Even though I did nothing wrong, and don’t like giving credibility to this No Due Process Hoax, I like the idea &...
'There Was No Doubt:'
2 More Transcripts Are Out
Nov 8, 2019 1:58 PM CST
'There Was No Doubt:' 2 More Transcripts Are Out
Alexander Vindman and Fiona Hill
- Two more transcripts are out from the testimony of key figures in the impeachment inquiry, that of Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman , a Ukraine specialist on the National Security Council, and Fiona Hill , who also was with the NSC. Read Vindman's transcript here , and Hill's here . The
Trump's Ukraine Expert: WH
Transcript Was Missing Parts
Oct 30, 2019 6:47 AM CDT
Trump's Ukraine Expert: WH Transcript Was Missing Parts
Sources: Alexander Vindman said he tried to get "Burisma," Trump's mention of Biden tapes back in
- Democrats said Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman's more than 10 hours of testimony Tuesday on Capitol Hill in the Trump impeachment inquiry was "extremely disturbing," and key among the details was his description of the July 25 phone call between President Trump and Ukrainian leader Volodymyr Zelensky, as...
Oct 29, 2019 5:45 PM CDT
Democrats Call Vindman Testimony 'Extremely Disturbing'
And Democrats, Republicans get heated over whistleblower's identity
- Things got heated Tuesday at the deposition of Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, the top Ukraine expert on the National Security Council and the first current White House official to testify in the impeachment inquiry. Sources from both parties, five in all, tell CNN a shouting match erupted during the closed-door...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Actor Ray Liotta Is Dead at 67
Slain Teacher's Husband Dies 2 Days After Her
2 Deaths in the World of Music
Anger Over Police Response: 'There Are Kids!'
Almost Everyone Has Now Pulled Out of NRA Concert
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.