Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Twitter Pulls Accounts of Fake Black Trump Supporters
Analysts say there are signs of Russian involvement
- Dozens of fake Twitter accounts that featured photos of Black people taken from news reports and messages including "YES IM BLACK AND IM VOTING FOR TRUMP" have been suspended. It's not clear who created the accounts, some of which had tens of thousands of followers, but Clemson University...
Twitter Puts New Rules in Place for Election
Politicians can't declare victory on their own
- Twitter is going to look and feel slightly different over the coming days. Per the
, the social media platform will be putting in place guardrails to mitigate misleading and false tweets regarding the Nov. 3 election, including warnings on politicians' falsehoods and strict rules on when the election...
How a US Journalist Became a Tool of Russian Trolls
News website Peace Data sought to divide liberal voters with disinformation
- Actors linked to Russia's Internet Research Agency recruited US journalists to contribute to a news website that was critical of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden in an attempt to sow division among liberal voters, Facebook said Tuesday. Tipped off by the FBI, Facebook removed 13 accounts and two pages...
Amid Spread of Misinformation, Whispers on FB's Next Move
Sources tell Bloomberg the social media platform is considering banning political ads before election
- Facebook has been struggling lately over a massive advertiser boycott , partly driven by the company's refusal to address political ads spreading misinformation on the platform. Now, people familiar with Facebook's thinking say the company is considering banning political ads in the days leading up to the November election,...
Report: Chinese Agents Spread US COVID-19 Panic
Text messages claimed military was preparing to lock down entire country
- Warnings in mid-March that the US government was about to use the military to lock down the entire country were disseminated by Chinese operatives seeking to spread panic and undermine the government, intelligence agencies believe. Officials tell the
New York Times
that the misinformation spread on social media and through...
Popular on Newser
On Morning of Family Trip, Cops Tell Wife of Hubby's Murder Plot
With One Week to Go, Here's What the Polls Say
Jim Carrey as Joe Biden on SNL Isn't Going Over Well
10 Best Horror Movies in History
COVID Antibodies Are 'Rapidly' Waning
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.