Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Rittenhouse Shooting Victim
Wore Hat That Read 'Medic'
Nov 8, 2021 2:05 PM CST
Rittenhouse Shooting Victim Wore Hat That Read 'Medic'
Shooting victim Gaige Grosskreutz testifies
- Gaige Grosskreutz says he went to the racial-justice protest in the streets of Kenosha, Wisconsin, that fateful Aug. 25, 2020, night to serve as a volunteer medic. Once there, he ended up getting shot and seriously wounded in the arm by Kyle Rittenhouse. At Rittenhouse's murder trial Monday, Grosskreutz...
Judge Boots Rittenhouse
Juror Over Joke
Nov 4, 2021 1:12 PM CDT
Judge Boots Rittenhouse Juror Over Joke
White retiree joked to court officer about police shooting of Jacob Blake
- A juror in Kyle Rittenhouse's murder trial was dismissed Thursday after a court security officer reported that the man told a joke about the police shooting of Jacob Blake , which set off protests in the Wisconsin city where Rittenhouse is accused of shooting three people. Kenosha County Circuit Judge...
Paint 2 Different Pictures
Nov 3, 2021 1:31 AM CDT
Kyle Rittenhouse Opening Statements Paint 2 Different Pictures
Trial of teen accused of killing 2 during Kenosha protests gets underway
- Jurors heard starkly different portrayals of Kyle Rittenhouse—instigator or victim—in opening statements at his trial Tuesday on charges of shooting three people on the streets of Kenosha during a turbulent protest against racial injustice, the AP reports. A prosecutor said Rittenhouse set the bloodshed in motion when he...
Trial Hinges on
Nov 1, 2021 9:19 AM CDT
Kyle Rittenhouse's Trial Hinges on One Question
Did he act in self-defense when he fatally shot 2 men in Kenosha?
- The Kyle Rittenhouse case is a politically volatile one, but the homicide trial that begins Monday in Kenosha, Wis., will focus on a relatively straightforward question: Did he act in self-defense? If the jury doesn't think so, the 18-year-old from Illinois faces life in prison for killing two men...
Men Shot by
Can't Be Called
Oct 27, 2021 2:31 AM CDT
Men Shot by Kyle Rittenhouse Can't Be Called 'Victims': Judge
But they can be called 'looters'
- Kyle Rittenhouse's trial starts Monday, and you won't hear the two men he fatally shot during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, referred to as "victims." The judge in the case has a standard policy barring people from being called "victims" until an actual conviction,
Man Shot by Kyle Rittenhouse
Sues: Cops Enabled This
Oct 18, 2021 12:01 AM CDT
Man Shot by Kyle Rittenhouse Sues: Cops Enabled This
Gaige Grosskreutz blames city officials, authorities
- A man who was shot in the arm by Kyle Rittenhouse during a protest last year against police brutality in Wisconsin has filed a federal lawsuit alleging police enabled the violence by allowing an armed militia to have free run of the streets during the demonstration, the AP reports. Rittenhouse...
a 'Vivid Metaphor'
for Polarized America
Jul 10, 2021 2:40 PM CDT
Rittenhouse Case: a 'Vivid Metaphor' for Polarized America
'New Yorker' piece looks at 'opportunists' who hijacked Kenosha suspect's narrative
- As Kyle Rittenhouse awaits his November trial for opening fire at an August 2020 protest in Kenosha, Wis., killing two men and injuring a third, the
offers two different depictions of the 18-year-old: "Black Lives Matter [supporters] have painted him as a trigger-happy white supremacist," while...
Virginia Cop Fired After
Giving $25 to Kyle Rittenhouse
Apr 21, 2021 11:10 AM CDT
Virginia Cop Fired After Giving $25 to Kyle Rittenhouse
Norfolk PD cited the 'egregious' comments of support that accompanied the donation
- A Virginia police lieutenant is out of a job over his support of Kyle Rittenhouse. Lt. William Kelly III's name first emerged Friday in a report by the
on a hack that revealed some personal data tied to donors to Rittenhouse via Christian crowdfunding website GiveSendGo. A $25...
Judge Says Rittenhouse
Doesn't Need to Be Arrested
Feb 12, 2021 6:40 AM CST
Judge Says Rittenhouse Doesn't Need to Be Arrested
'After what this town has been through in the last six months I don’t want any more problems'
- Kyle Rittenhouse doesn't need to be arrested again, his bail doesn't need to be increased, and he doesn't have to publicly disclose his whereabouts, a judge in Wisconsin decided Thursday. Kenosha County Circuit Judge Bruce Schroeder rejected prosecutors' request to issue an arrest warrant for the 18-year-old,...
Don't Know Where
Kyle Rittenhouse Is
Feb 4, 2021 1:30 AM CST
Prosecutors Don't Know Where Kyle Rittenhouse Is
They say accused Kenosha shooter has not provided current address
- Kyle Rittenhouse, the teen accused of fatally shooting two people and injuring a third during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, in August, is currently free on $2 million bail. But now prosecutors are seeking an arrest warrant for Rittenhouse, who turned 18 in January, and are asking for another $200,000...
Mom Told Rittenhouse to Delete
Social Media After Shooting
Jan 26, 2021 12:59 PM CST
Mom Told Rittenhouse to Delete Social Media After Shooting
'Chicago Tribune' obtained hours of footage of the two of them at the Antioch police station
- Four hours of footage captured Kyle Rittenhouse and his mother in a police station interrogation room just hours after he shot and killed two men in Kenosha, Wisconsin. The
reports the footage shows what the at-times distressed pair was concerned with: social media and PTSD. The newspaper obtained...
Rittenhouse Given New Bond
Terms After Day of Drinking
Jan 24, 2021 6:19 AM CST
Rittenhouse Given New Bond Terms After Day of Drinking
He can't hang out with white supremacists anymore
- Accused Kenosha killer Kyle Rittenhouse saw his bond terms changed on Friday after prosecutors alleged he left his Jan. 5 arraignment and went to a Wisconsin bar with his mom, where he was allegedly seen drinking and flashing white power hand signs, per TMJ4 in Milwaukee. The 18-year-old's updated...
Rittenhouse Hit the Bar
Jan 14, 2021 9:25 AM CST
Prosecutors: Post-Arraignment, Rittenhouse Hit the Bar
Kenosha County DA's office says suspect downed beer, flashed hate sign
- Minutes after Kyle Rittenhouse was arraigned on felony homicide charges , the 18-year-old was downing beer and flashing a hand sign associated with white supremacy at a bar. Surveillance footage shows Rittenhouse arrived with his mother at a tavern in Mount Pleasant, Wis., on Jan. 5, just 90 minutes after he...
As City Braces for Protests,
Rittenhouse Pleads Not Guilty
Jan 5, 2021 2:19 PM CST
As City Braces for Protests, Rittenhouse Pleads Not Guilty
Wisconsin governor actives National Guard
- An Illinois teenager who fatally shot two people and wounded a third amidst sometimes violent summer protests on the streets of Kenosha, Wisconsin, pleaded not guilty on Tuesday to charges including intentional homicide. Kyle Rittenhouse, 18, entered his plea in a brief hearing conducted by teleconference that came as Kenosha...
Prosecutors Raise Concerns
About Rittenhouse Fundraising
Dec 4, 2020 6:42 AM CST
Prosecutors Raise Concerns About Rittenhouse Fundraising
Controversial Los Angeles lawyer steps back from teen's criminal case
- A lawyer for Kyle Rittenhouse stepped back from the teenager's criminal case Thursday after prosecutors said ethical concerns made him unfit for the trial team. Kenosha County Assistant District Attorney Thomas Binger said in a motion filed Thursday that Los Angeles-based lawyer John Pierce has "significant personal financial...
'80s Star Explains Support
of Kyle Rittenhouse
Nov 25, 2020 3:45 AM CST
'80s Star Explains Support of Kyle Rittenhouse
Ricky Schroder donated 'hundreds of thousands' to teen's bond
star Ricky Schroder donated "hundreds of thousands," he says, to help get accused Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse out of jail . Now, the former 1980s child star (who's been getting lots of online threats, per TMZ ) explains that decision to the
New York Post
Nov 22, 2020 7:11 AM CST
Accused Kenosha Shooter Has Unlikely Celeb Pal
Ricky Schroder, child star of 'Silver Spoons,' poses for photo with Kyle Rittenhouse
- Kyle Rittenhouse posted $2 million bail, got out of jail , and wasted little time in hanging around with an odd bit of Hollywood history: Former child actor and
star Ricky Schroder, reports CBS2 . The accused Kenosha shooter's lawyer, L. Lin Wood, tweeted a photo of the 17-year-old,...
Kyle Rittenhouse Posts
$2M Bail, Goes Free
Nov 20, 2020 3:25 PM CST
Kyle Rittenhouse Posts $2M Bail, Goes Free
Teenager faces homicide charges in Kenosha shootings
- A 17-year-old from Illinois who is charged with killing two people during a protest in Wisconsin, and whose case has become a rallying cry for some conservatives, posted $2 million bail Friday and was released from custody. Kyle Rittenhouse is accused of fatally shooting Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber and...
He Got His Gun
Nov 20, 2020 6:27 AM CST
Kyle Rittenhouse Explains How He Got His Gun
Accused Kenosha shooter talks to the 'Washington Post'
- Accused Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse isn't old enough to buy or own a gun—so, the Illinois 17-year-old tells the
in a new interview, an 18-year-old friend who lives in Kenosha, Wisconsin, bought it for him ... using economic stimulus funds. "I got my $1200 from the...
Guy Who Allegedly Bought Gun
for Kyle Rittenhouse Is Charged
Nov 10, 2020 8:27 AM CST
Guy Who Allegedly Bought Gun for Kyle Rittenhouse Is Charged
Dominick Black supplied assault rifle to a minor: prosecutors
- The man who allegedly bought an assault rifle for 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse, who allegedly used it to kill two people and injure a third in Kenosha, Wis., has been charged. Dominick David Black, 19, faces two felony counts of intentionally giving a gun to a minor, causing death. Prosecutors say...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Chief of Staff: Trump Tested Positive, Didn't Reveal It
Sheriff: Dad of Oxford Suspect Bought Gun on Black Friday
New Leads on How Live Ammo May Have Gotten on Rust Set
Official on Killing of Music Exec's Wife: Probably Not Random
The Big Questions SCOTUS Asked in Big Abortion Case
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.