Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Track Star Who
Feb 14, 2022 4:43 PM CST
Track Star Who Was Suspended Questions Skater's Case
Sha'Carri Richardson had to sit out Summer Olympics after flunking a drug test
- When Sha'Carri Richardson failed a drug test, the American sprinter was kept from competing in last year's Summer Olympics in Tokyo. When Kamila Valieva flunked a drug test, the Russian skater was allowed to continue competing in the ongoing Winter Olympics in Beijing. That leaves Richardson with a...
After Olympic Letdown, WADA
to Review Controversial Ban
Sep 15, 2021 12:22 PM CDT
After Olympic Letdown, WADA to Review Controversial Ban
Sha'Carri Richardson lost spot in Tokyo Games due to pot use
- Sha'Carri Richardson missed her chance to compete in Tokyo's Summer Olympics due to pot use, but a move by the World Anti-Doping Agency could keep future athletes from meeting the same fate. On Tuesday, WADA announced it will set up an advisory committee to review whether cannabis should...
'I'm Not Done'
Aug 23, 2021 2:58 PM CDT
Sha'Carri Richardson: 'I'm Not Done'
She finished last in return to 100 meters
- Sha'Carri Richardson had a very disappointing weekend at the Prefontaine Classic—but the 21-year-old sprinter says she is far from finished. Richardson, who won the 100 meters at the US Olympic trials in June but was disqualified due to marijuana use , finished in last place in a field of...
to Kanye West
Track in New Ad
Jul 21, 2021 4:12 PM CDT
Richardson Runs to Kanye West Track in New Ad
Sprinter left off Olympic team appears in Beats by Dre commercial
- Sha'Carri Richardson won't be competing in the Tokyo Olympics, but she can compete with the Games. The star sprinter, who was left off the US track team after a positive test for marijuana, appears in a new Beats by Dre commercial that ran during Game 6 of the...
Sha'Carri Richardson Is
Out of Olympics Entirely
Jul 7, 2021 1:30 AM CDT
Sha'Carri Richardson Is Out of Olympics Entirely
US leaves her off the 4x100 relay list
- After sprinter Sha'Carri Richardson was disqualified from competing in the 100-meter individual race at the Tokyo Olympics due to pot use it remained unclear whether she'd be able to compete at the Games at all. But on Tuesday, USA Track and Field answered that question when it left...
Popular on Newser
Soccer Stampede Leaves at Least 125 Dead
After Key Battlefield Loss, a Big Worry Emerges on Putin
A Shocking Death May Reflect a Disturbing Trend
Best TV Shows of All Time
Longest-Living President Celebrates 98th Birthday
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.