Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Parents of Alleged School
Shooter See Request Denied
Apr 19, 2022 10:30 AM CDT
Parents of Alleged School Shooter See Request Denied
Judge refused to lower bonds for James and Jennifer Crumbley
A judge in Michigan has denied a request from the parents of an alleged school shooter to have their own bonds reduced from $500,000 each to $100,000 each, reports the AP . The upshot of the decision is that it appears James and Jennifer Crumbley will remain locked...
Ignored Warning Signs
Feb 9, 2022 8:26 AM CST
Witnesses: Crumbley Ignored Warning Signs
Jennifer Crumbley's boss says she texted, 'Don't judge me for what my son did' after Oxford shooting
- Jennifer Crumbley told her boss and co-worker that she felt like a failure as a parent hours before her son opened fire at Michigan's Oxford High School, killing four people with a gun his parents had bought him as a gift, according to court testimony. Andrew Smith, CEO of...
Prosecutors to Crumbleys:
Stop Blowing Kisses in Court
Feb 3, 2022 9:01 AM CST
Prosecutors to Crumbleys: Stop Blowing Kisses in Court
Parents of accused school shooter Ethan Crumbley are told to stop broadcasting romantic signals
- The parents of the teen accused of shooting up a Michigan high school in November, killing four students, may be trying to boost each other up during hearings by sending romantic signals across the courtroom and over Zoom, but they're now being hit with a warning to quit it....
Focused on Affairs, Horses
Instead of Depressed Son
Dec 24, 2021 8:40 AM CST
Prosecutors: Crumbleys Focused on Affairs, Horses Instead of Depressed Son
They're pushing back against move to have bail lowered to $100K
- As four devastated families in Michigan face a first Christmas without their children, prosecutors are pushing back hard against a request from the parents of alleged school shooter Ethan Crumbley to have their bail lowered. In court papers filed Thursday, prosecutors accused James and Jennifer Crumbley of ignoring red flags...
Parents of Oxford Suspect
Are Making a Big Ask
Dec 23, 2021 8:51 AM CST
Parents of Oxford Suspect Are Making a Big Ask
James, Jennifer Crumbley say they're 'devastated' about shooting, want bail lowered
- The parents of a teenager charged with killing four students at a Michigan high school didn't anticipate he would commit violence and are "devastated" like others in the community, a lawyer said Wednesday in requesting they be granted a lower bond. James and Jennifer Crumbley are charged with...
Crumbley Parents Make
Dec 14, 2021 9:08 PM CST
Crumbley Parents Make Court Appearance
Judge rejects request to transfer alleged school shooter to juvenile facility
- The parents of alleged school shooter Ethan Crumbley appeared in court Tuesday, where prosecutors and defense lawyers agreed that a key hearing should be postponed. Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald said a scheduled Dec. 22 hearing to determine whether James and Jennifer Crumbley will stand trial on involuntary manslaughter charges...
Parents of Oxford Suspect
Caught After Manhunt
Dec 4, 2021 5:30 AM CST
Parents of Oxford Suspect Caught After Manhunt
James and Jennifer Crumbley seemed 'distressed' when found in Detroit commercial building
- The parents of a teen accused of killing four students in a shooting at a Michigan high school were caught early Saturday, several hours after a prosecutor filed involuntary manslaughter charges against them, officials said. James and Jennifer Crumbley were captured in a commercial building in Detroit that housed artwork,...
Mom's Text to Suspected
Shooter: 'Ethan Don't Do It'
Dec 3, 2021 1:30 PM CST
Mom's Text to Suspected Shooter: 'Ethan Don't Do It'
New details after parents of Ethan Crumbley are charged in deadly school assault
- The parents of suspected school shooter Ethan Crumbley are now facing charges of involuntary manslaughter , and the prosecutor in Michigan's Oakland County provided new details Friday to justify the move. "The facts of this case are so egregious," said Karen McDonald after James and Jennifer Crumbley were...
Popular on Newser
Forecasters Warn of Generational Cold
Groundhog Day Took a Tragic Turn in Quebec
The Rock Got the Call 'We Never Want to Get'
China: Let's Stay Calm About This Alleged Spy Balloon
Police: Actually, No Evidence We Headed Off Mass Shooting
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.