Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Fed Signals It Will Raise Rates as Soon as March
Stories 1 - 20 |
No, Missouri, the Joker
Isn't on the Loose
Jan 20, 2022 11:19 AM CST
No, Missouri, the Joker Isn't on the Loose
Highway patrol accidentally sends out a fake alert
- This week, people in Missouri got an emergency alert on their phones about a suspicious vehicle with the license plate "UKIDME." The message that buzzed on their phones read: “GOTHAM CITY MO PURPLE/GREEN 1978 DODGE 3700 GT MO UKIDME," per Fox News . There is no Gotham...
Sep 4, 2020 12:32 AM CDT
Source says it's because Robert Pattinson has COVID-19
- Robert Pattinson had resumed shooting
just three days prior when the actor tested positive for the coronavirus, a "highly placed" anonymous source tells
. Warner Bros. has not confirmed the news, but the studio issued a statement saying, "A member of
Jun 23, 2020 2:30 AM CDT
Michael Keaton as Batman Again? Maybe
He's in talks to return for 'The Flash'
- If you consider Michael Keaton to be the best Batman, then we have good news for you: He might be donning the cowl once again. Keaton, who starred as the caped crusader in Tim Burton's 1989
, is in talks to reprise the role for...
More and More
Dec 4, 2019 10:25 AM CST
More and More Cops Carrying Batman-Style Tether
BolaWrap designed to wrap up suspect's arms or legs
- Police departments across the country are adopting a nonlethal device that would look right at home on Batman's belt. The hand-held BolaWrap 100 from Wrap Technologies dispenses an 8-foot-long barbed Kevlar cord designed to wrap up a person up to 25 feet away, similar to Batman's trusty tether...
Apr 3, 2019 9:50 AM CDT
Looks 'Dark and Twisted'
'Absolutely not like any comic book movie that has come before'
- The long-awaited trailer for
, starring Joaquin Phoenix in the title role, was posted Wednesday morning, with an advance sneak peek Tuesday at CinemaCon—and per reaction rounded up by
, the film looks to be "absolutely not like any 'comic book' movie that has come before,...
Michael Keaton Has
Best 2 Words to End
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
May 20, 2018 10:17 AM CDT
Michael Keaton Has Best 2 Words to End Commencement Speech
'I'm Batman,' he tells Kent State graduates
- Michael Keaton gave the commencement speech Saturday at Ohio's Kent State University, and his ending is being called " perfect ." "I’ve got two words that I want you all to remember," the actor said. "They’re very important, and if I leave you with...
in Opening Weekend
Nov 19, 2017 12:00 PM CST
Underwhelms in Opening Weekend
The superhero mashup made just $96M
may be the No. 1 film in North America, but it also has the dubious distinction of being the lowest-opening film of the DC Comics Extended Universe,
reports. Studios on Sunday estimate that the enormously expensively superhero mashup will earn $96 million from 4,051 theaters. It...
Will Shine in
Jun 15, 2017 2:03 PM CDT
Bat-Signal Will Shine in LA Thursday
In tribute to Adam West
- The Bat-Signal will shine over Los Angeles in tribute to the late Adam West, the actor best-known for playing Batman in the campy 1960 television series, who died Friday at age 88. Mayor Eric Garcetti says the Bat-Signal will be lit at LA's City Hall at 9pm Thursday, reports...
Actor Adam West
Dies at 88
Jun 10, 2017 11:58 AM CDT
Actor Adam West Dies at 88
A family spokesperson says West had been battling leukemia
- Adam West, best known to the world as Batman, died Friday in Los Angeles at the age of 88, according to the
. A family spokesperson says the actor had been battling leukemia. “Our dad always saw himself as The Bright Knight and aspired to make a positive...
Affleck No Longer
Jan 31, 2017 12:41 AM CST
Affleck No Longer Directing Next
'I cannot do both jobs to the level they require'
- Ben Affleck has bowed out of directing
but he still plans to produce the movie and star as Batman. Sources tell
that Affleck and Warner Bros. arrived at the decision together, and it had nothing to do with the fact that the Affleck-directed
Live by Night
Funeral for a
Oct 5, 2016 1:23 PM CDT
A Superhero Funeral for a Superhero Boy
Townville shooting victim Jacob Hall laid to rest surrounded by all his favorite characters
- No sadder news emerged in the aftermath of the Townville school shooting last month than the death of 6-year-old Jacob Hall . But though his family and friends lost the South Carolina first-grader much sooner than they should have, they didn't lose his spirit—which is why a variety of...
Cops: Wannabe Batman
Throws Batarang at
Jul 27, 2016 5:25 PM CDT
Cops: Wannabe Batman Throws Batarang at Pursuing Officers
Commissioner Gordon would not be pleased
- He's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. Actually, you know what, he's probably not the hero Gotham deserves either. The Seattle Police Department reports a 23-year-old man wanted on suspicion of assault threw a batarang at pursuing officers Monday evening. The cops...
Batman v Superman
Pretty—and Pretty Dumb
Mar 25, 2016 8:15 AM CDT
Batman v Superman
Is Pretty—and Pretty Dumb
Critics say it's 2.5 hours of mess and confusion
- Everyone loves Batman and Superman, just apparently not when they’re trying to rip each other’s heads off. While audiences give
Batman v Superman
a 74% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes , critics are hovering at the 30% mark, calling the film, well, a disaster. Here's what they're...
Sep 26, 2015 1:38 PM CDT
Light the Bat-Signal, It's Batman Day
Same Bat-day, same Bat-time as last year
- Holy made-up holiday, Batman! Today is the second-annual Batman Day, which DC Comics started last year to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Caped Crusader, IGN reports. To celebrate, DC is lowering prices on its digital Batman comics, retailers are giving away a free issue, and cupcake chain Sprinkles is...
Dead at 78
Aug 19, 2015 10:37 AM CDT
TV's Batgirl Yvonne Craig Dead at 78
She also appeared alongside Elvis Presley in 1960s films
- Yvonne Craig, who played the sexy, crime-fighting Batgirl in the 1960s TV hit
, has died. She was 78. Craig died Monday at her Los Angeles home from complications from breast cancer, her family says. She began her career as a ballet dancer, the youngest member of The Ballet Russe...
Killed by His Batmobile
Aug 17, 2015 10:54 AM CDT
Real-Life 'Batman' Killed by His Batmobile
Lenny B. Robinson was a hero to the sick kids he visited
- The world is down one hero: Lenny B. Robinson, the real-life Batman who made headlines after he was pulled over by police wearing a Batman costume and driving a black Lamborghini, has died in an accident involving his "batmobile." Robinson, of Maryland, had car trouble last night while...
'Batkid' Save SF
Nov 15, 2013 5:55 PM CST
Thousands Help 'Batkid' Save SF
Miles Scott's Make-A-Wish granted in a big way
- A 5-year-old boy grabbed the attention of San Francisco today as thousands of residents joined an elaborate effort to help the tiny leukemia patient play crime-fighting "Batkid" for a day. With the help of the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Miles Scott rescued a woman, captured the evil Riddler during a bank...
Nov 11, 2013 2:37 PM CST
Guy Named Batman Jailed for Burglary
Batman bin Suparman pleads guilty to heroin use, theft
- Say it ain't so, Batman! An unemployed Singaporean man was sentenced to almost three years in jail today, after failing badly to live up to his name—which is, we are not kidding, Batman bin Suparman. The 23-year-old was arrested in August, after security cameras spotted him breaking into...
Sep 25, 2013 1:01 PM CDT
Fox Scores Hot New
Wins bidding war for hotly anticipated series 'Gotham'
- Gotham City is coming to primetime TV ... but without Batman. Fox has won a bidding war for
, a new live-action series from
creator Bruno Heller, set in the fictional city before one of its billionaires started dressing up in bat costumes. Instead, the show will tell the...
Internet Loses It
Over Ben Affleck
Aug 23, 2013 10:58 AM CDT
Internet Loses It Over Ben Affleck as Batman
He wasn't exactly Twitter's first choice
- Ben Affleck was revealed as the newest Batman last night (he'll play the Dark Knight in the next Superman movie, a sequel to this year's
Man of Steel
expected in 2015, the
Wall Street Journal
reports), and let's just say the Internet is not happy. Twitter users...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Secrets of Playboy 's Hugh Hefner Allegations Are Graphic
Cops: Woman Tries to Buy Baby at Walmart
Here Are the 10 States People Are Fleeing
Elon Musk Has an Offer for McDonald's
Man Fired, Charged After Rant in Smoothie Store
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.