Thanks to David Arquette’s neverending oversharing, his troubled union with Courteney Cox seems pretty bad—until you compare it to, say, the troubled union of Charlie Sheen and Brooke Mueller. Calculating data from the past 10 years, the Daily Beast considered number of breakups, rumored affairs, restraining orders, lawsuits, substance abuse, domestic abuse, and children to determine the 20 most dysfunctional couples of the decade (Courteney and David don’t make it in):
- No. 13: Sandra Bullock and Jesse James, with just one breakup, but five affairs.
- No. 8: Charlie Sheen and Brooke Mueller, with one breakup, one restraining order, two kids, plus domestic and substance abuse.
- No. 7: Mel Gibson and Oksana Grigorieva, with one breakup, two restraining orders, one child, and a whole lot of crazy.
- No. 5: Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards, with one breakup, one affair, one restraining order, one lawsuit, and two kids.
- No. 1: Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren—with 121 affairs, what else needs to be said?
for the complete list. Or, to see the celebrity couples you can actually still cheer for, click here
(Read more Courteney Cox