90210's claim to fame extends beyond Tori Spelling and Shannen Doherty. The zip code is also one of the five priciest in America. With the help of Altos Research, Forbes crunched 20,000 zip codes' worth of real estate listings to zero in on the poshest geographic areas in the United States, according to the median asking price. (Click for an in-depth explainer of how it came to its conclusion). Here are the top 5:
- 07620, Alpine, NJ: This elite New York City suburb boasts a median asking price of $4.55 million, and lists Sean Combs and Stevie Wonder among its residents.
- 94027, Atherton, Calif.: Nestled in the San Francisco Bay Area, Atherton is home to tech billionaires Eric Schmidt and Meg Whitman. Median price: $4.295 million.
- 11962, Sagaponack, NY: A chic Hamptons village with a median asking price of $3.595 million.
- 94010: Hillsborough, Calif.: NorCal's haven for the wealthy. Median listing: $3.499 million.
- 90210, Beverly Hills: Jam-packed with Hollywood royalty and a slew of mega-mansions priced upward of $50 million. Median asking price: $3.469 million.
Click for more tony zip codes
. (Read more mansion