X

8 Kids Hospitalized by ... Axe Body Spray

Noxious odor in classroom turns out to be from the product
By John Johnson,  Newser Staff
Posted Oct 31, 2013 3:28 PM CDT
Updated Nov 3, 2013 10:22 AM CST
8 Kids Hospitalized by ... Axe Body Spray
   (Axe)

(Newser) – Eight sixth-graders in Brooklyn ended up in the hospital Wednesday thanks to the unleashing of Axe Body Spray in a classroom, reports the Smoking Gun. The parents of two other students brought their kids to family doctors. School officials called for medical help when the kids started having trouble, and they later identified the source of the smell as the oh-so-pungent spray. It's not clear whether it was intentional or an accident, but the Crown Heights school says disciplinary action is pending, reports the Daily News.

story continues below

Sound crazy? Time points out that a high school in Pennsylvania banned the stuff after a student there ended up in the hospital, while a kid in Connecticut set off a fire alarm at his own school after heavily spraying Axe. Maybe while New York City lawmakers are raising the age limit for smokes, they should consider Axe as well, suggests Daily Intel. (Click to read about a mom's weeklong experiment wearing the spray.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
X
Install the Newser News app
in two easy steps:
1. Tap in your navigation bar.
2. Tap to Add to Home Screen.

X