Daryl Hannah is supposedly dating rocker and fellow activist Neil Young—and if they were to, say, get married, it would be a first for Hannah, 53. But she's not the only Hollywood star to have never wed:
- Oprah Winfrey has never married, though she's been with Stedman Graham since 1986. Last year, according to Hello!, she said, "It's not because I never had time—if I wanted to get married, I could've made the time. I'm not a traditional woman and I haven't had a traditional life ... the very idea of what it means to be a wife and the responsibility and sacrifice that carries—I wouldn't have held that very well."
- Sheryl Crow said earlier this year that she'd "love to get married" because she's "still old-fashioned," according to E!. Still, the 52-year-old pointed out, "It's better to have three broken engagements than three divorces."
- On his website, Bill Maher says, "I'm the last of my guy friends to have never gotten married, and their wives—they don't want them playing with me. I'm like the escaped slave—I bring news of freedom."
- Earlier this year, Diane Keaton explained her thinking to More magazine: "I told myself I wanted to [get married], but I didn’t really want a man that I could have. The dream or the neighborhood? I wanted the dream."
- And Cameron Diaz just recently explained her own thoughts to Marie Claire, the Huffington Post reports: "I'm not looking for a husband or marriage or not not looking for that stuff. I'm living, not thinking what I should or shouldn't be doing with my life."
- Al Pacino has never married, but he does have kids with ex-partner Beverly D’Angelo.
- Charlize Theron has said she won't marry until gay marriage is legal for all, though insiders said earlier this year she might change her mind for Sean Penn.
- Earlier this year, Winona Ryder told the Telegraph that her parents "are still so in love after 43 years together—and I mean giddily in love. That set the bar so high for me. I think it may be why I never got married."
- As for Kylie Minogue, she said this year, "I'm a romantic and I love it, and when it happens I can definitely fall hard—you're in a spin arranging everything else so you can see that person. But it's not so much the picture frame with the perfect couple. I don't know if someone is gonna change all that, and I'll be walking down the aisle one day, but I've never really seen it."
- Sex and the City star Kristin Davis told ABC last year, "I do have friends who have stable marriages and I look at them and admire what they have, but I don’t necessarily think I’ve ever had that kind of relationship … I don’t know that I necessarily totally intended to [still be single], though I do remember being young and thinking, ‘Why are all these people getting married?’ But I’m an actress—I’ve never exactly been the status quo."
Click for the other end of the spectrum—celebs who divorced twice by age 40
. (Read more Daryl Hannah