X

Teen Dead After Taking Selfie Atop Train

It was parked, but she apparently touched high-voltage wire
By Newser Editors and Wire Services
Posted May 13, 2015 10:04 AM CDT
Teen Dead After Taking Selfie Atop Train
   (Shutterstock)

(Newser) – A teenager is dead after she was electrocuted while taking selfies atop a parked train in northeast Romania. Anna Ursu, 18, was hospitalized in the city of Iasi on Friday with severe burns after she apparently touched a high-voltage wire above the train. She died on Sunday. "Her whole body was burned," says a hospital spokesperson. A friend also was hospitalized with slight injuries. (It's not the first fatality involving selfies and trains.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
X
Install the Newser News app
in two easy steps:
1. Tap in your navigation bar.
2. Tap to Add to Home Screen.

X