You think a $100,000 Tesla is expensive? Pshaw. That's nothing compared to the McLaren P1, which is the most expensive car in America, per a 24/7 Wall Street analysis of Kelley Blue Book listings. The top 5, consisting of both performance and luxury vehicles:
- McLaren P1: $1,155,000. When it was introduced in 2013, all 375 of them sold out in eight months. It can hit 217mph.
- Porsche 918 Spyder: $929,995. It has both a combustion engine and a lithium-ion battery, so it can travel short distances on just electric power. Just 918 will be produced in the 2015 model year.
- Lamborghini Aventador: $556,795. The fuel will cost ya, too; it gets just 11mpg on city streets and 18mpg on the highway.
- Rolls-Royce Phantom: $485,275. Rolls-Royce has two other cars in the top 10, but this is the signature Rolls-Royce model and is custom built to a client's specifications.
- Ferrari F12berlinetta: $327,445. It goes from zero to 60mph in little more than 3 seconds, and can hit 211mph.
Click for the complete top 10
. (Read more luxury goods