Some actors do more than just play action heroes on screen—The Stir rounds up stars who are action heroes in real life. Here are 10 who likely saved lives:
- Mark Harmon: The NCIS star saw a car crash and catch on fire in 1996, and broke the window with a sledgehammer to get a teenager out.
- Jamie Foxx: In a similar incident, a car recently crashed and caught on fire near Foxx's home, and Foxx broke a window to get the man free, with the help of a friend.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger: The action hero was vacationing in Hawaii when he helped a swimmer who was cramping up and in distress by towing him back to shore.
- Kate Winslet: Though it's not confirmed, the story goes that Winslet saved the life of Richard Branson's mother while staying as a guest at Branson's Virgin Islands home.
- Ryan Gosling: The actor pulled a woman away from a taxi that was about to hit her as she crossed a New York City street.
- Harrison Ford: He lives in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, and he's saved multiple people (a dehydrated woman and a 13-year-old Boy Scout) who got lost in the woods nearby.
- Tom Hanks: He once heard a swimmer screaming for help, and went in the water to pull the person out of the riptide they were caught in.
- Tom Cruise: Amazingly, he's pulled off multiple saves: helping to get a family off a sinking boat, helping a car crash victim, and saving boys from being crushed during a Mission Impossible premiere mob.
- Donnie Wahlberg: He saved a life in an unconventional way: He shared a fan's blog post about needing a new kidney, and the fan got a match.
- Gerard Butler: The actor was picnicking in the UK when he heard a boy screaming that his friend was drowning. Butler jumped in the river and saved the boy.
Click for the full list
, including the weird story of a rapper who may have saved the life of Creed's lead singer. (Read more celebrity