Here's a look at some of the biggest lines emerging from Sunday's debate in Michigan between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton, via ABC and CNN:
- Clinton: “I know the state of Michigan has a rainy day fund for emergencies. ... It is raining lead in Flint; and the state is derelict in not coming forward with the money that is required.”
- Sanders: "When you watch these Republican debates, you know why we need to invest in mental health."
- Clinton: "If everybody voted the way he did, I believe the auto industry would have collapsed, taking four million jobs with it."
- Sanders: “Secretary Clinton said I'm a one-issue person. I guess so. My issue is trying to rebuild a disappearing middle class. That's my one issue.”
- Clinton: "I am a praying person, and if I hadn't been during my time in the White House, I would have become one."
- Sanders: "I am very proud to be Jewish. Being Jewish is so much of who I am."
- Clinton: “Being a white person in the United States of America, I know that I have never had the experience that so many people in this audience have had."
- Sanders: "When you're white, you don't know what it's like to be living in a ghetto. You don't know what it's like to be poor. You don't know what it's like to be hassled when you walk down the street."
- Clinton: She called for an "education SWAT team" to help schools like those in Detroit.
- Sanders: "At the end of my first term, we will not have more people in jail than any other country."
- Clinton: "You talk about corporate greed. The gun manufacturers sell guns to make as much money as they can make," she said in suggesting he's too close to the NRA.
- Sanders: "We need to expand and improve the instant background checks. Bottom line is people who should not have guns in America should not be able to buy guns in America.”
- Clinton: Donald Trump's "bigotry, his bullying, his bluster aren't going to wear well on the American people."
- Sanders: "I would love to run against Donald Trump," he said, citing polls showing him winning.
(Read more Democratic debate