Obesity-related medical treatments cost Americans up to $315.8 billion every year, and that could increase by up to $66 billion per year if current health trends continue. With the increasing cost of the US' obesity epidemic in mind, WalletHub looked at the 100 largest American cities (by population, not weight) and ranked them by fatness. To get the rankings, the website looked at obesity rates, what residents are eating, the activity levels of residents, and more. Here are the 10 fattest cities:
- Memphis, Tenn.
- Shreveport-Bossier City, La.
- Indianapolis-Carmel-Anderson, Ind.
- Jackson, Miss.
- New Orleans-Metairie, La.
- Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Mobile, Ala.
- San Antonio-New Braunfels, Texas
- Greenville-Anderson-Mauldin, SC
- Little Rock-North Little Rock-Conway, Ark.
See the full rankings here
. (Read more obesity