With news outlets fixated on his staff shakeups, possibly broke campaign, and hiring of fictional characters, Donald Trump sought to regain control of the narrative by attacking Hillary Clinton in a speech Wednesday at his SoHo development in New York City. Vox calls it a "Hillary Clinton slam-speech" that was “uncharacteristically calculated" on Trump's part. Here are eight of Trump's biggest lines against his presumptive opponent, from Politico, CNN, and NPR:
- “She ran the State Department like her own personal hedge fund—doing favors for oppressive regimes, and really, many, many others, in exchange for cash."
- Clinton is "a world-class liar. Just look at her pathetic email and server statements ... or her phony landing in Bosnia, where she said she was under attack but the attack turned out to be young girls handing her flowers."
- “[Clinton] may be the most corrupt person ever to seek the presidency.”
- "Her message is that things can't change. My message is that things have to change."
- "Hillary Clinton has perfected the politics of personal profit and even theft. She gets rich making you poor."
- "No secretary of state has been more wrong, more often, in more places, than Hillary Clinton. Her decisions spread death, destruction, and terrorism everywhere she touched."
- "Hillary Clinton wants to be president, but she doesn't have the temperament, or, as Bernie Sanders said, the judgement, to be president. She believes she is entitled to the office."
- "We will never be able to fix a rigged system by counting on the same people who rigged it in the first place."
(Read more Donald Trump