Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read recent news about President Donald Trump and Trump's Latest Tweets on Newser.com
Stories 1 - 20 |
Friction Is Heating Up
Between Trump, DeSantis
Jan 17, 2022 11:48 AM CST
Friction Is Heating Up Between Trump, DeSantis
The two GOP frontrunners have begun sniping at each other
- Friction between Donald Trump and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has surfaced of late, with Trump criticizing "gutless" politicians who won't reveal their vaccination status and DeSantis faulting Trump for too-aggressive COVID lockdowns while president. Now, multiple outlets are weighing in on what this means for the 2024 election:...
Trump Mocks Biden in
Speech at Arizona Rally
Jan 16, 2022 2:52 PM CST
Trump Mocks Biden in Speech at Arizona Rally
Former president, who is vaccinated, criticized Biden's vaccination campaign
- Leaving office hasn’t changed Donald Trump’s rhetorical style at all. The former president, who—to his supporters’ apparent chagrin —is vaccinated. But before losing the 2020 election to President Joe Biden, he showed little to no support for mask and vaccine mandates. Biden ran on a promise...
Wish I'd Been
Jan 15, 2022 9:00 AM CST
DeSantis: Wish I'd Been 'Much Louder' Against Trump's COVID Move
Fla. governor says he wishes he'd spoken up to protest shutdowns in early pandemic
- Things have started to get tense between Ron DeSantis and Donald Trump, starting when the former president appeared to call the Florida governor "gutless" this week for not admitting whether or not he'd received the COVID booster shot. Now, DeSantis is firing back, second-guessing how Trump handled things...
Vote to Leave
Jan 14, 2022 2:25 PM CST
Another GOP Impeachment Vote to Leave
Rep. John Katko won't run again after supporting Jan. 6 panel, infrastructure bill
- Rep. John Katko announced Friday that he won't seek reelection from his New York district, making him the third of the 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach former President Donald Trump to decide to go home. "My conscience, principles and commitment to do what's right have...
Trump's 'Gutless' Remark
Seen as Shot at DeSantis
Jan 13, 2022 6:39 AM CST
Trump's 'Gutless' Remark Seen as Shot at DeSantis
Former president slammed politicians who decline to confirm having booster shot
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has been talked about as a possible running mate for Donald Trump if the former president decides to run in 2024—but the two Republicans may be growing further apart on the issue of COVID vaccines. In remarks that CNN describes as a "thinly veiled...
With NPR Has
Jan 12, 2022 10:15 AM CST
Trump Interview With NPR Has Abrupt End
Former president hangs up as he was being grilled on his false claims of election fraud
host Steven Inskeep nabbed an interview with former President Trump on Tuesday—after six years of trying. "It was scheduled for 15 minutes, but lasted just over nine," NPR reports, noting Trump—who hurled insults at Republican senators, including Mitch McConnell—ended the conversation abruptly...
Trump Goes After 'Jerk'
Jan 10, 2022 2:11 PM CST
Trump Goes After 'Jerk' Republican Senator
Mike Rounds of South Dakota lost favor with former president by saying the election was 'fair'
- A Republican senator lost favor with Donald Trump over the weekend by uttering four words hated by the former president: "The election was fair." Mike Rounds of South Dakota went on ABC News and declared that Trump's claims of a stolen election do not hold up, reports...
Jan 9, 2022 11:05 AM CST
Another GOP Senator Says He'll Postpone Retirement
Ron Johnson, who said he wouldn't seek a third term, cites Democratic 'takeover'
- For the second time in two days, a Republican senator on the edge of retiring has decided to instead run for reelection. Victory would bring Sen. Ron Johnson a third term; Johnson previously had told Wisconsin voters he would limit himself to two, WISN reports. Johnson acknowledged that in an...
More Officers Are Suing
Trump Over Capitol Riot
Jan 7, 2022 11:45 AM CST
More Officers Are Suing Trump Over Capitol Riot
They say they were injured by mob he incited
- Capitol Police officer Briana Kirkland filed a lawsuit against Donald Trump on Thursday—a year to the day since she was injured trying to defend the building from his supporters. The lawsuit describes Trump as the leader of the "violent mob," NBC reports. Trump, "by his words...
in the Capitol Hallways?
Jan 7, 2022 9:00 AM CST
in the Capitol Hallways?
Biden refers to rioters 'defecating'; a look at reaction to the big Jan. 6 speech
- Assessments and reaction to President Biden's speech Thursday on the anniversary of the Capitol riot continue to roll in. Some of those in circulation:
In a tweet , NPR's Steve Inskeep calls attention to a jarring detail in which Biden referred to rioters as "literally defecating
Trump for Riot,
Jan 6, 2022 10:05 AM CST
Biden Blames Trump for Riot, and Trump Responds
Biden: 'For the first time in our history, a president ... tried to prevent the peaceful transfer of power'
- President Biden spoke Thursday on the one-year anniversary of the riot at the Capitol and made clear he places the blame for that day squarely on his predecessor, though he never mentioned Donald Trump by name. Trump has responded with slams of his own. Highlights:
"For the first
In Jan. 6 Speech, Biden
to Put Trump on Blast
Jan 6, 2022 6:31 AM CST
In Jan. 6 Speech, Biden to Put Trump on Blast
And more on what's expected at Congress on Thursday
- In a speech at Congress on Thursday to mark the one-year anniversary of the Capitol riot, President Biden will place the blame for the attack squarely on the shoulders of his predecessor. Biden's remarks will likely note that former President Trump holds "singular responsibility" for the "chaos...
Trump Calls Off
Jan. 6 Press Conference
Jan 4, 2022 6:14 PM CST
Trump Calls Off Jan. 6 Press Conference
He blames 'dishonesty' of House committee
: Donald Trump has called off a press conference that would have taken place at Mar-a-Lago Wednesday while a prayer service was being held at the Capitol on the anniversary of last year's Jan. 6 riot. In a statement, the former president said he was calling off the event...
Trump Family Asks Judge
to Quash Subpoenas
Jan 4, 2022 12:01 AM CST
Trump Family Asks Judge to Quash Subpoenas
A decision is not expected for at least a month
Lawyers for Donald Trump and his two eldest children, Ivanka and Donald Jr., asked a judge on Monday night to quash the subpoenas issued to the three Trumps last month. Allowing them to testify in the civil probe would set a "dangerous precedent," their court filing argues,...
Trump Offers Far-Right Leader
His 'Complete Support'
Jan 3, 2022 11:25 AM CST
Trump Offers Far-Right Leader His 'Complete Support'
Endorses Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban for reelection
- Former President Trump's endorsements continue to make headlines, but on Monday, he offered his backing to a candidate who isn't a Republican—or an American. In what the
terms an "unusual endorsement in a foreign election," Trump released a statement endorsing far-right Hungarian Prime...
Poll Workers Sue
Dec 23, 2021 5:00 PM CST
Falsely Accused Poll Workers Sue Giuliani, OAN
Two Georgia women already had filed against Gateway Pundit for defamation
: Two Georgia poll workers who sued a website have filed a new suit involving false claims that they committed ballot fraud in the 2020 election. Ruby Freeman and Wandrea "Shaye" Moss filed a defamation suit Thursday in Washington, saying One America News Network continued to accuse them of...
Dec 23, 2021 1:07 PM CST
Trump Stops Anti-Vaccine Talk During Interview
'The ones who get very sick ... are the ones that don't take the vaccine,' he tells Candace Owens
- Donald Trump is keeping up his public comments in support of COVID vaccines , despite pushback from his own supporters. The latest example came during a back-and-forth between the former president and conservative media personality Candace Owens on a Wednesday episode of
from the Daily Wire. When Owens questioned why...
Trump Asks Supreme Court
to Block Release of Records
Dec 23, 2021 12:19 PM CST
Trump Asks Supreme Court to Block Release of Records
House investigators from Jan. 6 panel want them from the National Archives
Donald Trump has turned to the Supreme Court for help. Attorneys for the former president filed an emergency petition Thursday to keep his records out of the hands of the House panel investigating the Capitol riot, reports the Hill . House investigators want the National Archives to hand over the...
Trump Sends Note to
Reporter on Vaccines
Dec 21, 2021 9:06 AM CST
Trump Sends Note to
Reporter on Vaccines
After getting booed over his booster, he pushes back again, says he's 'very proud' of vaccines
- The story was in wide circulation on Monday: Donald Trump was booed by his own supporters after he informed them he had received a booster shot. Now, in a follow-up, the former president is reaffirming his faith in COVID vaccines. "Must tell the truth—and very proud to have...
Trump: I Got My Booster
Dec 20, 2021 12:21 PM CST
Trump: I Got My Booster
Remark is met with some booing at event with Bill O'Reilly
- Only about one-third of the US population has received a COVID booster shot, notes the
, but one of the recipients has a particularly high profile. Donald Trump said Sunday that he received his third shot, reports
. The reveal came during a public forum with former Fox anchor...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Skier May Face Manslaughter Charges After Deadly Collision
Mass Killer Gives Nazi Salute at Parole Hearing
Airlines Have a Dire Warning on 5G Rollout
At 63, Gabriel Garcia Marquez Had an Affair—and a Daughter
Lara Logan's Talent Agency Drops Her
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.