Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read recent news about President Donald Trump and Trump's Latest Tweets on Newser.com
Stories 1 - 20 |
to Work Against
Trump in 2024
Feb 5, 2023 4:35 PM CST
Koch Network to Work Against Trump in 2024
Coalition of political donors to GOP says country needs 'a new chapter'
- Charles Koch's network of donors and organizations will use its political and financial might to keep Donald Trump from winning the presidency in 2024. "The best thing for the country would be to have a president in 2025 who represents a new chapter," Emily Seidel, chief executive...
Poll: Biden-Trump Rematch
Would Leave Voters Cold
Feb 5, 2023 1:50 PM CST
Poll: Biden-Trump Rematch Would Leave Voters Cold
Many say they'll be angry unless the next president is someone else
- The prospect of Joe Biden and Donald Trump being their party's presidential nominee again in 2024 would not only leave voters unhappy, a new poll finds, a victory by either would make many of them angry. The lack of enthusiasm also applies to Republicans about Trump and Democrats about...
Trump Says He Won't Commit
to Supporting Another Nominee
Feb 3, 2023 5:05 AM CST
Trump Says He Won't Commit to Supporting Another Nominee
He says he told Haley she should 'follow her heart'
- Former President Trump is the only Republican to have officially entered the 2024 White House race—and he won't commit to supporting any other GOP candidate if they end up winning the nomination. The former president told conservative commentator Hugh Hewitt on Thursday that it "would have to...
Feb 1, 2023 5:45 PM CST
GOP Senators Differ With Trump on DeSantis
Running for president wouldn't be disloyal, it would be politics, Republicans say
- Several Republican senators say whether Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis runs for president is up to him, not Donald Trump. "I think we need some new blood," Sen. John Cornyn said when asked about a DeSantis candidacy, "and I think he'd probably qualify." The former president...
Jan 31, 2023 2:59 PM CST
DeSantis Answers Trump's Digs
Florida governor emphasizes that he actually won re-election
- As President Trump ramps up his 2024 campaign, he's been taking shots at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis , a presumed challenger. On Tuesday, DeSantis responded in a pretty effective manner, at least in the view of multiple assessments. Asked about Trump's digs at a news conference, the governor responded:...
Jan 31, 2023 7:21 AM CST
Trump Sues Bob Woodward for $50M
Former president is miffed that Watergate journo used their interviews for an audiobook
- Looks like we've got "audiogate." Bob Woodward, the famed
journalist who broke open the Nixon Watergate scandal with colleague Carl Bernstein, is being sued by former President Trump, who accuses the veteran reporter of using interviews he recorded of Trump in an audiobook released in...
Trump Starts Campaigning,
Swings at DeSantis
Jan 29, 2023 9:40 AM CST
Trump Starts Campaigning, Swings at DeSantis
Former president says Florida governor will be disloyal if he runs
- Donald Trump kicked off his third presidential campaign on Saturday with events in New Hampshire and South Carolina, and a host of familiar themes. "Through weakness and incompetence, Joe Biden has brought us to the brink of World War III," Trump said, per NBC News . "We’re...
Trump Weighs In on
Tyre Nichols Beating
Jan 29, 2023 5:35 AM CST
Trump Weighs In on Tyre Nichols Beating
It 'never should have happened,' says former president
- Former President Trump said the footage of the brutal beating of Tyre Nichols by five Memphis police officers is “horrible” and that the attack “never should have happened.” “I thought it was terrible. He was in such trouble. He was just being pummeled. Now that should...
MTG Has Her Committees,
but Her Real Aim Is VP: Report
Jan 26, 2023 11:25 AM CST
MTG Has Her Committees, but Her Real Aim Is VP: Report
Marjorie Taylor Greene 'sees herself on the short list for Trump's VP,' says Steve Bannon
- Trump-Greene 2024? That remains the hope of second-term congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene, according to NBC News , which cites two sources as saying the Republican from Georgia is vying to be Donald Trump's running mate. "She sees herself on the short list for Trump's VP," former Trump...
Jan 25, 2023 7:05 PM CST
Meta Decides to Welcome Trump Back
Facebook, Instagram suspensions to be dropped 'in coming weeks'
- Two years after former President Donald Trump was suspended from Facebook and Instagram over his posts supporting the insurgents who attacked the Capitol, Meta has decided to welcome him back. The announcement was made in a blog post by Nick Clegg, the company's president of global affairs, the BBC...
DA: Decision on
Charges 'Imminent' in
2020 Election Case
Jan 24, 2023 5:11 PM CST
DA: Decision on Charges 'Imminent' in 2020 Election Case
Georgia grand jury's report on Trump case is staying private for now
- The Georgia grand jury investigating whether Donald Trump and his allies committed crimes in the state after the 2020 election completed its work earlier this month—but Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, the lead prosecutor, wants its final report to stay private for now. At a hearing Tuesday, she...
Fighting to Keep
Jan 23, 2023 1:50 PM CST
RNC Leader Fighting to Keep Her Job This Week
Ronna McDaniel expects to survive secret ballot for party's national committee
- By week's end, the Republican National Committee is set to resolve a leadership feud that has exposed divisions within the party, per the AP . Those inside the fight believe the days ahead of Friday's secret ballot could get even uglier as rebel forces within former President Trump's...
Trump Advice May Put
Republicans in 'Political Corner'
Jan 20, 2023 2:16 PM CST
Trump Advice May Put Republicans in 'Political Corner'
Former president warns GOP not to go after Social Security, Medicare in debt ceiling fight
- The potentially calamitous fight over the debt ceiling has begun, and former President Trump weighed in emphatically on Friday with advice to his fellow Republicans. “Under no circumstances should Republicans vote to cut a single penny from Medicare or Social Security,” Trump said in a video posted to...
Mind on Complaint
Against NY AG
Jan 20, 2023 1:07 PM CST
Trump Changes Mind on Complaint Against NY AG
$900K sanction from judge on 'frivolous' lawsuits the day before may have spurred the move
- A complaint filed by Donald Trump against New York Attorney General Letitia James deemed "vexatious" late last year by a federal judge has been withdrawn by the former president's legal team. The Hill reports that the lawsuit was pulled back Friday after Trump and his attorneys were hit...
Judge Orders Trump to
Pay Hillary Clinton $172K
Jan 20, 2023 7:11 AM CST
Judge Orders Trump to Pay Hillary Clinton $172K
Trump is 'the mastermind of strategic abuse of the judicial process,' judge says
- A federal judge did not hold back in a ruling Thursday ordering former President Trump and one of his lawyers to pay almost $1 million to Hillary Clinton and dozens of others named in what the judge called a "completely frivolous" lawsuit that "should never have been filed....
Trump's Deposition Reveals
an Oddly Confused Moment
Jan 19, 2023 7:45 AM CST
Trump's Deposition Reveals an Oddly Confused Moment
Former president mixes up accuser Carroll, ex-wife Maples in photo, undermining a defense claim
- Among the long-held claims former President Trump has wielded to deny he raped writer E. Jean Carroll in a department store in the 1990s is that he didn't know her and she's "not my type," suggesting he wouldn't have sexually assaulted someone he wasn't...
Trump's First Campaign
Event Will Be in SC
Jan 17, 2023 12:27 PM CST
Trump's First Campaign Event Will Be in SC
Ally Lindsey Graham will be at rally later this month
- Former President Trump will be joined by two of his highest-profile South Carolina supporters—Sen. Lindsey Graham and Gov. Henry McMaster—at the first public campaign event of his 2024 White House bid later this month in the early voting state. Trump will be at the Statehouse in Columbia on...
Jan 14, 2023 7:45 AM CST
Trump Rages Against Carroll in Unsealed Deposition
He calls writer who's sued him for defamation, sexual assault a 'nut job' who's 'mentally sick'
- In October, Donald Trump sat for a deposition at Mar-a-Lago with Roberta Kaplan, an attorney for magazine columnist E. Jean Carroll, who has accused the former president of raping her in a department store in the 1990s and sued him, for both that alleged sexual assault and defamation. Now, excerpts...
Conway: Anyone Who
Writes Off Trump Is a Fool
Jan 13, 2023 10:01 AM CST
Conway: Anyone Who Writes Off Trump Is a Fool
'That cat has nine lives,' she writes in an early assessment of the 2024 race
- A common refrain heard after the midterms is that Donald Trump might be finished as the top dog in the GOP. In a
New York Times
essay, former aide Kellyanne Conway suggests wishful thinking is in play among his obsessed enemies as she makes the case that "Trump Derangement...
Open to Trump
Jan 12, 2023 4:10 PM CST
McCarthy: I'm Open to Trump Expungements
New speaker says it's not a priority, but he'd consider clearing impeachment record
- House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, who once said Donald Trump "bears responsibility" for the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, said Thursday he'd consider pursuing expungement of impeachment from the former president's record. Republican House members have introduced resolutions in the past calling for expungement—before the party...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
China Responds to Balloon Hit, but Its Options Are Limited
Missing Missouri Children Found in Florida Supermarket
Hashtag 'Died Suddenly' Is Up 740% in 2 Months
Watch Fighter Jet Take Down China's Balloon
Women Are Suffering Unnecessarily From Menopause
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.