The world was shocked Tuesday morning by news of the impending Brangelina divorce, leading to some witty and/or emotional reactions. Our favorites:
- "One good thing has come from the #Brangelina split: Jennifer [Aniston] memes," reads one tweet (which, of course, also includes a sample Aniston meme). Other Twitter users got on board with memes showing Aniston's likely reaction to the news; some of the best examples here, here, and here.
- How City AM reported the news on Twitter: "London School of Economics lecturer to divorce actor husband."
- Jezebel's reaction pretty much sums up how everyone feels: "Love is dead."
- "Are we sure, I mean... Maybe Divorce is the name of the latest kid they ordered?" one Twitter user wonders.
- Greenpeace is using the split to its advantage: "#Brangelina wasn't forever, and neither will be the marriage of US gov and fossil fuel industry. Take action," the organization tweeted, along with a link to a petition.
- Political poll expert Josh Jordan tweets, "If the first question at next week's debate isn't about the candidates reaction to #Brangelina splitting up, then Lester Holt is a hack."
- Huffington Post writer Sam Stein tweets, "It is taking all of Trump’s will power and 5 additional staffers to stop him from tweeting about Brangelina."
- Just add this to the list of awful things that have happened so far this year, writes Dorothy Lydia: "2016 proving once again that everything dies, including love. #Brangelina."
- "If a couple with millions of dollars, six kids and a brand of overpriced rose wine can't make it, we should all just give up now," tweets comedian Joanna Hausmann.
- The Daily Mail: "IS NOTHING SACRED ANYMORE?!?!"
- But this Twitter user is more optimistic: "AS LONG AS THE OBAMAS STAY TOGETHER LOVE IS STILL REAL #brangelina."
What's behind the divorce? Click here
. (Or check out some of the best Aniston memes here