A rare thing happened aboard Air Force One Thursday—President Trump answered questions on the thorny topic of Stormy Daniels. The big takeaway: The president denied knowing about a $130,000 payment his personal attorney paid to the adult-film star to keep quiet about an alleged affair she had with Trump, reports the New York Times. The Washington Post has the brief exchange between the president and reporters:
- Reporter: “Did you know about the $130,000 payment to Stormy Daniels?”
- Trump: "No."
- Reporter: “Then why did Michael Cohen make it, if there was no truth to her allegations?”
- Trump: “You’ll have to ask Michael Cohen. Michael’s my attorney, and you’ll have to ask Michael.”
- Reporter: “Do you know where he got the money to make that payment?”
- Trump: "No. I don’t know.”
- Reporter: “Did you ever set up a fund of money that he could pull from?”
- Trump: He ignored that last question.
(Read more Stormy Daniels