Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Boy Dies After 'the Most
Exciting Moment of His Life'
Feb 1, 2023 4:00 AM CST
Boy Dies After 'the Most Exciting Moment of His Life'
He suffered cardiac arrest during his first bull riding event
- A 14-year-old boy is dead after riding a bull for the first time at a North Carolina rodeo. The family of Denim Bradshaw says he got in the ring at the Rafter K. Rodeo Winter Series at American Legion Post 290 in the city of King on Saturday night, and...
Bull Escapes California
Rodeo, Hits 6 People
May 23, 2022 2:00 AM CDT
Bull Escapes California Rodeo, Hits 6 People
The animal was captured almost half a mile away
- A bull jumped a fence at a northern California rodeo Friday night, striking six people as it escaped the popular Redding Rodeo during the bull riding event. As the event neared its conclusion around 10pm, the bull bucked its rider, jumped the arena fence as another cowboy tried in vain...
Hero Dad Jumps
Into Bullring at Just
the Right Moment
Mar 1, 2022 10:55 AM CST
Hero Dad Jumps Into Bullring at Just the Right Moment
Bull was charging toward Landis Hooks' teen son, the rider who'd been knocked unconscious
- Fathers might intend to protect their children no matter the danger, but that's easier said than done when there's an angry bull in the picture. Landis Hooks wasn't bothered. The father had watched his 18-year-old bull rider son get knocked unconscious by a bucking bull at the...
In 'Freak Accident,' Rider
Pulled Under Bull and Killed
Sep 1, 2021 10:27 AM CDT
In 'Freak Accident,' Rider Pulled Under Bull and Killed
Amadeu Campos Silva, 22, described as having a lot of promise
- A Brazilian bull rider was killed Sunday when his spur got caught in a rope, pulling him under the bull, and the animal stepped on his chest in California, according to the Professional Bull Riders touring group. Amadeu Campos Silva, 22, was competing at a bull-riding Velocity Tour event at...
Bull Fatally Stomps
Rider at Denver Event
Jan 17, 2019 2:30 AM CST
Bull Fatally Stomps Rider at Denver Event
Mason Lowe suffered massive heart damage
- Tragedy at the National Western Stock Show: One of the world's leading professional bull riders was fatally injured at the Denver event Tuesday by a bull called Hard Times. Witnesses say Mason Lowe, 25, was thrown from the back of the bull, which stomped him when he was on...
Girl, 16, Killed in
Bull Riding Accident
Feb 20, 2011 3:18 PM CST
Girl, 16, Killed in Bull Riding Accident
Florida rodeo turns tragic when Brooke Ann Coats is thrown
- Tragic news out of Florida: A 16-year-old girl is dead following a Friday night bull riding accident. Brooke Ann Coats was competing in a local rodeo when she was thrown from a bull and kicked once in the chest, ABC Action News reports. Though she was able to walk out...
Now Rodeo Bulls Face Steroid Tests
Jan 27, 2008 7:18 AM CST
Now Rodeo Bulls Face Steroid Tests
Amid scandals, bull riding seeks to prove its animal stars are clean
- Juicing isn't just for humans anymore—or at least that's the new worry on the rodeo circuit, as bulls are now being tested for steroids. To keep suspicion away from the ring, the Professional Bull Riders are beginning tests to "ensure the integrity of the sport," and first...
Popular on Newser
UNLV Shooter Was a 67-Year-Old Professor: Sources
Celebs' Jilted Exes Are Now Dating Each Other
This Could Be Behind 'Mystery' Dog Illnesses
Congress' $7.5B for EV Chargers Has Yielded Zero Chargers
Deputy Killed in Police Chase of Senator's Son
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.