Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Kevin Spacey's Legal
Trouble Takes New Turn
May 26, 2022 10:20 AM CDT
Kevin Spacey's Legal Trouble Takes New Turn
In the UK, he's charged with sexual assault against 3 men
- Kevin Spacey is facing yet more allegations of sexual abuse. On Thursday, British prosecutors charged him with assaulting three men between 2005 and 2013, reports CNN . At the time, Spacey ran the Old Vic Theatre in London, per the AP . One of the four counts accuses Spacey of "causing...
Cosby's Lawyers Angry as
Accuser Tweaks Her Story
May 18, 2022 10:40 AM CDT
Cosby's Lawyers Angry as Accuser Tweaks Her Story
Civil sex assault trial is scheduled to begin Monday
- With jury selection less than a week away, attorneys scrambled to deal with shifting evidence Tuesday in Bill Cosby's civil trial over allegations that he sexually assaulted a teenage girl at the Playboy mansion nearly 50 years ago. Plaintiff Judy Huth said in a recent court filing that she...
Made Rape Comment
Loses in GOP District
May 4, 2022 4:52 PM CDT
Republican Who Made Rape Comment Loses in GOP District
Others in his party denounced Robert Regan's advice to his daughters
: A Republican candidate whose comments about enjoying rape were denounced by members of his party lost his bid for a seat in the Michigan House on Tuesday. Robert "RJ" Regan was favored to win the special election in the heavily Republican district, the
Detroit Free Press
for 324 Games
Apr 29, 2022 4:30 PM CDT
MLB Suspends Trevor Bauer for 324 Games
Dodgers pitcher says he'll appeal harshest penalty yet under the domestic violence policy
- Trevor Bauer, the Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher accused by a woman of sexually assaulting her twice last year, has been suspended for two years by Major League Baseball. The action, announced Friday by Commissioner Rob Manfred, is the most severe imposed yet under MLB's domestic violence policy, ESPN reports....
Air Force General Convicted
of Sex Assault on Sister-in-Law
Apr 25, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Air Force General Convicted of Sex Assault on Sister-in-Law
William Cooley's conviction in court martial is a historic one
- For the first time, an Air Force general has been convicted of sexual assault. Two-star Gen. William Cooley was found guilty in a court-martial of forcibly kissing a woman in a verdict described as "historic" by outlets including NPR and the
, and in a news release from...
Company Sold Dream of Fame.
Dancers Call It a Nightmare
Apr 23, 2022 4:05 PM CDT
Company Sold Dream of Fame. Dancers Call It a Nightmare
Some dancers say they were sexually assaulted by Break The Floor Productions' instructors
- Every year, one of the world’s leading dance competition companies sells the dream of Hollywood fame to 300,000 dance students it draws to packed hotel ballrooms across the US and Canada for weekend workshops and competitions. But behind the bright lights and pulsing music, some dancers say they...
Judge Denies Protection Order,
Adds a Lecture on Marriage
Apr 22, 2022 1:34 PM CDT
Judge Denies Protection Order, Adds a Lecture on Marriage
College student says she was blamed for assault in court
- A college student who went to court in North Carolina for protection from another student who she said had sexually assaulted and stalked her did not receive it. She did get a lecture from the judge about "marriage and commitment," however. Kerry Sutton, the plaintiff's attorney, said...
Apr 8, 2022 6:35 AM CDT
Snoop Dogg Sexual Assault Claim Withdrawn
'Her complaint was full of false allegations and deficiencies,' spokesperson says
: A lawsuit against Snoop Dogg that made headlines days before his Super Bowl halftime show performance has been dropped. In the February lawsuit, a woman identified only as "Jane Doe" accused Snoop Dogg and a friend of sexually assaulting her after a 2013 concert. The suit was withdrawn...
Grand Jury: Texans QB Won't
Face Criminal Charges
Mar 12, 2022 8:45 AM CST
Grand Jury: Texans QB Won't Face Criminal Charges
Masseuses have sued Deshaun Watson over allegations of sex harassment, assault
Thanks to a grand jury decision this week, Deshaun Watson won't be indicted in Texas after lawsuits brought by nearly two dozen women who accuse him of harassment and sexual assault. ESPN reports that, for more than six hours on Friday, prosecutors from the Harris County DA's...
Rape Kit Comes Back
to Haunt Victim in SF
Feb 24, 2022 12:00 AM CST
Rape Kit Comes Back to Haunt Victim in SF
But the practice has now been formally ended
San Francisco officials announced Wednesday that the city's police department will no longer use DNA from survivors of sexual assaults and other crimes to investigate other, unrelated crimes. The practice ended as soon as the DA's office last week submitted a complaint, and it was formally put...
at Center of
a 'Difficult and
Feb 21, 2022 11:42 AM CST
Tennessee Mom at Center of a 'Difficult and Shocking' Case
Melissa Blair is accused of trading items like vape pens to teen boys for sexual favors
- A Tennessee mom who was an active parent at a local school is accused of being a little too active, allegedly trading items to teen boys for sexual favors. Law & Crime reports that 38-year-old Melissa Blair has been indicted for charges including statutory rape, after allegedly making contact with...
5 Christian School Staffers
Leave in Handcuffs
Feb 17, 2022 12:18 PM CST
5 Christian School Staffers Leave in Handcuffs
They're accused of trying to cover-up a sexual assault at Texas campus
- Five staff members at a private Christian school in Texas were taken from the school in handcuffs Wednesday on claims that they tried to cover up a sexual assault on campus. Midland Police say they were called to Midland Christian School on Jan. 28 in response to the alleged sexual...
Out of UC, a 'Long
Feb 9, 2022 9:30 AM CST
Out of UC, a 'Long Overdue' Settlement
University to pay $243.6M to women who've accused ex-UCLA gynecologist James Heaps of sex abuse
- The University of California will pay $1.2 million to each of 203 women who alleged they were sexually abused by a former UCLA gynecologist now facing 21 felony counts, including sexual battery by fraud and sexual penetration of an unconscious person. The $243.6 million settlement announced Tuesday—following...
Him of Rape
Jan 28, 2022 3:47 PM CST
Chris Brown Faces $20M Suit Accusing Him of Rape
Woman says she was drugged, assaulted on yacht at Sean Combs' property in Miami
- A $20 million lawsuit accuses Chris Brown of drugging and raping a woman on a yacht in Miami. The alleged attack took place on Dec. 30 while the yacht was docked at a property that the former Sean Combs owns, according to the court filing,
reports. The suit...
Judge Tosses Teen's Rape
Conviction, Blames Parents
Jan 14, 2022 7:56 AM CST
Judge Tosses Teen's Rape Conviction, Blames Parents
Illinois judge Robert Adrian said it would be 'unjust' to sentence teen to prison time
- At a bench trial in Illinois in October, a 16-year-old girl testified that 18-year-old Drew Clinton held a pillow over her face and raped her after she fell asleep at a graduation party. Adams County Judge Robert Adrian found Clinton guilty of criminal sexual assault—but he threw his own...
Singer Says Chris Noth
Sexually Assaulted Her in 2002
Dec 24, 2021 6:33 AM CST
Singer Says Chris Noth Sexually Assaulted Her in 2002
Lisa Gentile says he threatened to ruin her career if she told anybody
- Singer-songwriter Lisa Gentile says Chris Noth sexually assaulted her in 2002—and threatened to ruin her career if she told anybody. At a press conference with attorney Gloria Allred on Thursday, Gentile said the actor, a longtime acquaintance from Da Marino restaurant in New York City, invited himself into her...
USU Chief Quits After Remarks
to Football Players Surface
Dec 17, 2021 5:05 AM CST
USU Chief Quits After Remarks to Football Players Surface
Earl Morris told Aggies players Mormon women might falsely accuse them of rape
- The chief of police at Utah State University resigned Thursday—two days after a speech he made to football players about sexual assault was described in a federal lawsuit against the school. In a recording of the speech made to Aggies players this fall, Chief Earl Morris can be heard...
Rape Case Against Director
Luc Besson Takes a New Turn
Dec 9, 2021 4:05 PM CST
Rape Case Against Director Luc Besson Takes a New Turn
Paris judge dismisses allegation against French moviemaker; meanwhile, his accuser has left acting
- A Paris judge has dismissed a rape allegation against French director Luc Besson by the actress Sand Van Roy. The Dutch-Belgian actress, who starred in Besson films including 2017's
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
, claimed the director raped her in a...
Dec 8, 2021 5:39 PM CST
McGowan's Suit Against Weinstein Dismissed
Racketeering lawsuit said former producer tried to discredit actress before her memoir was published
- Rose McGowan's racketeering lawsuit against Harvey Weinstein has been dismissed, apparently because she missed a filing deadline. The suit accused the former movie mogul of trying to discredit McGowan before the publication of her memoir , which was to include her account of being sexually assaulted by Weinstein in 1997,...
Liberty U Professor Arrested,
Accused of Abducting Student
Dec 4, 2021 1:00 PM CST
Liberty U Professor Arrested, Accused of Abducting Student
He's charged with sexual battery, too, as school faces lawsuit from 12 women
- A professor at the conservative Christian Liberty University in Virginia has been accused of abduction and sexual battery of a student. William Atwell, an associate professor of American Sign Language, was arrested on Nov. 20 in connection with an accusation of sexual battery on Sept. 15 and abduction on Nov....
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
It Took Police 40 Minutes to Move in as Classroom Full of Kids Was Massacred
Actor Ray Liotta Is Dead at 67
Gunman Sent Message: 'Going to Shoot Elementary School'
Near 2nd Texas School, 'They Saw Something, Said Something'
Fans Step In After Singer Bails During Concert
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.