Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Alito Hits Back
Jun 21, 2023 9:35 AM CDT
Ahead of ProPublica Report, Alito Hits Back
Outlet reveals Supreme Court justice flew for free on billionaire's jet; Alito pens 'WSJ' op-ed about it
- Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito beat ProPublica to the punch Tuesday, publishing an op-ed that responded to questions about possible ethics violations before ProPublica had published its own report. But publish it did . The report describes how hedge fund billionaire Paul Singer, who brought a high-stakes case before the nation'...
747 With Just
40 Hours Flying Time
Is in Scrapyard
Feb 16, 2023 12:57 PM CST
747 With Just 40 Hours Flying Time Is in Scrapyard
It was parked in Switzerland for a decade
- A sad fate for the Queen of the Skies: A 10-year-old Boeing 747 is in an aircraft boneyard in Arizona after flying for just 40 hours. The Boeing 747-8BBJ, ordered by a leasing company and configured as a private jet, was meant to go to Saudi Crown Prince Sultan bin...
Sick of Twitter Stalking,
World's 2nd-Richest Man
Dumps Private Jet
Oct 19, 2022 7:16 AM CDT
Sick of Twitter Stalking, World's 2nd-Richest Man Dumps Private Jet
Bernard Arnault was tired of being tracked by Twitter accounts
- File under "Problems of the 1%": LVMH chief executive Bernard Arnault, one of the world's richest men, is now renting private jets instead of using a company jet because he is fed up with having his movements tracked by Twitter accounts. "The group had a plane and...
Russians Are Attacking
Sep 27, 2022 8:11 AM CDT
Russians Are Attacking Enlistment Offices
A shooting and an arson attack came on Monday alone
- A Russian man opened fire on a commander at a military recruitment office in Ust-Ilimsk on Monday, leaving him in grave condition, in the latest sign of frustration over partial military mobilization . "No one will go fight. We will all go home now," said the alleged shooter, 25-year-old...
Just Did What
Jun 16, 2022 9:06 AM CDT
Mark Cuban Just Did What Elon Musk Could Not
Billionaire gets teen tracking private jets to stop tracking his, promising future business advice
- Elon Musk tried to get a Florida teen to stop tracking his private jet , to no avail. Mark Cuban, on the other hand, appears to have been successful. Insider reports that 19-year-old Jack Sweeney has stopped sharing data on his Cuban-dedicated Twitter account after the Dallas Mavericks owner reached out...
Man Who Bought Epstein's Jet
Is Pissed About the Purchase
in case you missed it
Oct 30, 2021 2:40 PM CDT
Man Who Bought Epstein's Jet Is Pissed About the Purchase
And now Thomas Huff is suing Epstein's estate
- Thomas Huff is on the list of people who have a beef with Jeffrey Epstein, though his issue only peripherally has to do with underage girls. Huff runs a charter plane business in Georgia and in June 2019 bought JEGE LLC from Epstein, reports the
; that company owned...
Trump's Private Jet Hit
in Airport Parking Accident
Nov 29, 2018 1:37 AM CST
Trump's Private Jet Hit in Airport Parking Accident
Nobody was injured in LaGuardia accident
- President Trump has often criticized New York City's LaGuardia Airport, and he might like it even less after a minor accident involving his iconic private jet Wednesday. In what the AP describes as a "fender bender," a corporate jet trying to park at the airport after arriving...
Pilots Say They Were
Groped by LaCroix Water CEO
Jul 4, 2018 3:18 AM CDT
Pilots Say They Were Groped by LaCroix Water CEO
Lawsuits accuse Nick Caporella of 'unwanted touching'
- National Beverage Corp. CEO Nick Caporella is 82 and still pilots the company's business jet—but two other pilots say he can't keep his hands to himself when he's in the cockpit. The male pilots have filed lawsuits in the last two years accusing Caporella of "...
Facebook Pays $7.3M
for Extra Zuckerberg Need
Apr 15, 2018 12:11 PM CDT
Facebook Pays $7.3M for Extra Zuckerberg Need
Apparently the world's richest man needs a little protection
- Facebook's CEO may have earned a paltry $1 salary last year, but he still doesn't come cheap. The world's biggest social media network increased spending on Mark Zuckerberg's security by 50% in 2017, paying over $7.3 million to keep him safe, the
Too Busy to Fly
Sep 21, 2017 10:20 AM CDT
HHS Head Too Busy to Fly Commercial, Says Rep
Democrats are calling for an investigation
- Government officials "check every possible source for travel needs, including commercial, but commercial travel is not always feasible" for Tom Price, who has "an incredibly demanding schedule." That's how a spokesperson defended the Health and Human Services secretary Wednesday after a Politico report claimed Price used...
Trump's HHS Head May Have a
Private Jet Problem: Politico
Sep 20, 2017 2:00 PM CDT
Trump's HHS Head May Have a Private Jet Problem: Politico
Tom Price's 5 recent flights on official business cost an estimated $60K
- Between Sept. 13 and Sept. 15, Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price took five private jet flights for official business, which cost tens of thousands of dollars more than commercial flights would have—a "sharp departure" from the practices of his predecessors, per Politico , and also an odd...
For Whopping Fee,
You Can Ring in the
New Year Twice
Dec 28, 2016 12:17 PM CST
For Whopping Fee, You Can Ring in the New Year Twice
PrivateFly's 12-hour flight from Sydney to LA makes it possible
- It's that time of year again when most of us swill cheap champagne from plastic glasses and the ultra-rich board the world's fastest long-range private jet so they can ring in the New Year twice. For a measly $184,500, you and 17 of your nearest and dearest...
Has Been Flying
With an Expired
Apr 19, 2016 6:45 PM CDT
Trump's Jet Has Been Flying With an Expired Registration
It's an offense punishable by up to 3 years in prison
- You have to be pretty wealthy to own your own jet. You don't have to be nearly as wealthy to register it, which costs just $5 every three years. But the
New York Times
reports that hasn't stopped Donald Trump from letting the registration for his private Cessna...
Jul 28, 2015 8:14 AM CDT
Delta's Posh New Upgrade: Private Jet
It costs $300 to $800, and it's barely available
- For frequent flyers who'd like to feel wealthy for a day, Delta's got a new upgrade that will cost the shirts off their backs yet still feel like a pretty big bang for the buck. For $300 to $800 a flight, "high-value customers" who've achieved elite...
Likes Lavish Travel, Too
Feb 24, 2015 1:27 AM CST
Office Likes Lavish Travel, Too
Schock billed taxpayers for private plane flights
- Rep. Aaron Schock has been billing the taxpayer for a lot more than his lavish,
-inspired office , an AP investigation into a man it terms "a rising Republican star" finds. Over the last few years, the Illinois lawmaker has spent at least $40,000 in taxpayer and campaign...
Aug 1, 2014 6:15 PM CDT
Americans With Ebola Coming Home on Private Jet
Kent Brantly, Nancy Writebol will be treated in Atlanta
- Two American aid workers seriously ill with Ebola will be brought from West Africa to Atlanta for treatment in one of the most tightly sealed isolation units in the country, officials said today. One is expected to arrive tomorrow, and the other a few days later, according to Atlanta's...
Mogul Among 7
Killed in Fiery
Private Jet Crash
Jun 1, 2014 8:23 AM CDT
Mogul Among 7 Killed in Fiery Private Jet Crash
'Inquirer' co-owner aboard plane bound for Atlantic City
- A Gulfstream IV bound for Atlantic City crashed in a small airfield near Boston as it was taking off late yesterday, killing all seven people aboard. "There were no survivors," a spokesman for the Massachusetts Port Authority tells the AP . "Our thoughts and prayers are with the...
2 Killed as Jet
Mar 18, 2013 12:03 AM CDT
2 Killed as Jet Crashes in Indiana Town
3 hospitalized in South Bend
- A private jet apparently experiencing mechanical trouble crashed into an Indiana neighborhood yesterday, hitting three homes and killing two people aboard the plane, authorities said. The crash injured two other people aboard the Beechcraft Premier I twin-jet and one person on the ground, a fire official said. The jet had...
You Know Things
Are Bad When ...
RIM Selling Jet
Jul 11, 2012 9:28 AM CDT
You Know Things Are Bad When ... RIM Selling Jet
As part of BlackBerry maker's move to cut costs by $1B
- Pity poor, poor RIM, which will soon have to make do with just one of its two private jets. Bloomberg spoke with two sources who revealed that the decision to sell the nine-passenger Dassault Aviation SA F50EX is part of the company's plan to trim operating costs by a...
Trump's Crazy Tour
of His Sick Jet
Aug 27, 2011 2:26 PM CDT
Trump's Crazy Tour of His Sick Jet
Everything that can be gold-plated has been gold-plated
- If you've never wanted to hear the phrase, "And here we are in Mr. Trump's bedroom," then
turn back now.
Dropping $100 million to retrofit a 757 jet that used to belong to that pauper Paul Allen apparently wasn't enough for the Donald. He also...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
One of McHenry's First Acts: Ordering Pelosi to Vacate Office
COVID-19 Vaccination Cards Are No More
'There Has to Be Consequences' for Kevin McCarthy's Ouster
Everyone Is Talking About Pamela Anderson's Face
This Photo Is Being Censored in China
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.