Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Just Did What
Jun 16, 2022 9:06 AM CDT
Mark Cuban Just Did What Elon Musk Could Not
Billionaire gets teen tracking private jets to stop tracking his, promising future business advice
- Elon Musk tried to get a Florida teen to stop tracking his private jet , to no avail. Mark Cuban, on the other hand, appears to have been successful. Insider reports that 19-year-old Jack Sweeney has stopped sharing data on his Cuban-dedicated Twitter account after the Dallas Mavericks owner reached out...
Man Who Bought Epstein's Jet
Is Pissed About the Purchase
in case you missed it
Oct 30, 2021 2:40 PM CDT
Man Who Bought Epstein's Jet Is Pissed About the Purchase
And now Thomas Huff is suing Epstein's estate
- Thomas Huff is on the list of people who have a beef with Jeffrey Epstein, though his issue only peripherally has to do with underage girls. Huff runs a charter plane business in Georgia and in June 2019 bought JEGE LLC from Epstein, reports the
; that company owned...
Trump's Private Jet Hit
in Airport Parking Accident
Nov 29, 2018 1:37 AM CST
Trump's Private Jet Hit in Airport Parking Accident
Nobody was injured in LaGuardia accident
- President Trump has often criticized New York City's LaGuardia Airport, and he might like it even less after a minor accident involving his iconic private jet Wednesday. In what the AP describes as a "fender bender," a corporate jet trying to park at the airport after arriving...
Pilots Say They Were
Groped by LaCroix Water CEO
Jul 4, 2018 3:18 AM CDT
Pilots Say They Were Groped by LaCroix Water CEO
Lawsuits accuse Nick Caporella of 'unwanted touching'
- National Beverage Corp. CEO Nick Caporella is 82 and still pilots the company's business jet—but two other pilots say he can't keep his hands to himself when he's in the cockpit. The male pilots have filed lawsuits in the last two years accusing Caporella of "...
Facebook Pays $7.3M
for Extra Zuckerberg Need
Apr 15, 2018 12:11 PM CDT
Facebook Pays $7.3M for Extra Zuckerberg Need
Apparently the world's richest man needs a little protection
- Facebook's CEO may have earned a paltry $1 salary last year, but he still doesn't come cheap. The world's biggest social media network increased spending on Mark Zuckerberg's security by 50% in 2017, paying over $7.3 million to keep him safe, the
Too Busy to Fly
Sep 21, 2017 10:20 AM CDT
HHS Head Too Busy to Fly Commercial, Says Rep
Democrats are calling for an investigation
- Government officials "check every possible source for travel needs, including commercial, but commercial travel is not always feasible" for Tom Price, who has "an incredibly demanding schedule." That's how a spokesperson defended the Health and Human Services secretary Wednesday after a Politico report claimed Price used...
Trump's HHS Head May Have a
Private Jet Problem: Politico
Sep 20, 2017 2:00 PM CDT
Trump's HHS Head May Have a Private Jet Problem: Politico
Tom Price's 5 recent flights on official business cost an estimated $60K
- Between Sept. 13 and Sept. 15, Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price took five private jet flights for official business, which cost tens of thousands of dollars more than commercial flights would have—a "sharp departure" from the practices of his predecessors, per Politico , and also an odd...
For Whopping Fee,
You Can Ring in the
New Year Twice
Dec 28, 2016 12:17 PM CST
For Whopping Fee, You Can Ring in the New Year Twice
PrivateFly's 12-hour flight from Sydney to LA makes it possible
- It's that time of year again when most of us swill cheap champagne from plastic glasses and the ultra-rich board the world's fastest long-range private jet so they can ring in the New Year twice. For a measly $184,500, you and 17 of your nearest and dearest...
Has Been Flying
With an Expired
Apr 19, 2016 6:45 PM CDT
Trump's Jet Has Been Flying With an Expired Registration
It's an offense punishable by up to 3 years in prison
- You have to be pretty wealthy to own your own jet. You don't have to be nearly as wealthy to register it, which costs just $5 every three years. But the
New York Times
reports that hasn't stopped Donald Trump from letting the registration for his private Cessna...
Jul 28, 2015 8:14 AM CDT
Delta's Posh New Upgrade: Private Jet
It costs $300 to $800, and it's barely available
- For frequent flyers who'd like to feel wealthy for a day, Delta's got a new upgrade that will cost the shirts off their backs yet still feel like a pretty big bang for the buck. For $300 to $800 a flight, "high-value customers" who've achieved elite...
Likes Lavish Travel, Too
Feb 24, 2015 1:27 AM CST
Office Likes Lavish Travel, Too
Schock billed taxpayers for private plane flights
- Rep. Aaron Schock has been billing the taxpayer for a lot more than his lavish,
-inspired office , an AP investigation into a man it terms "a rising Republican star" finds. Over the last few years, the Illinois lawmaker has spent at least $40,000 in taxpayer and campaign...
Aug 1, 2014 6:15 PM CDT
Americans With Ebola Coming Home on Private Jet
Kent Brantly, Nancy Writebol will be treated in Atlanta
- Two American aid workers seriously ill with Ebola will be brought from West Africa to Atlanta for treatment in one of the most tightly sealed isolation units in the country, officials said today. One is expected to arrive tomorrow, and the other a few days later, according to Atlanta's...
Mogul Among 7
Killed in Fiery
Private Jet Crash
Jun 1, 2014 8:23 AM CDT
Mogul Among 7 Killed in Fiery Private Jet Crash
'Inquirer' co-owner aboard plane bound for Atlantic City
- A Gulfstream IV bound for Atlantic City crashed in a small airfield near Boston as it was taking off late yesterday, killing all seven people aboard. "There were no survivors," a spokesman for the Massachusetts Port Authority tells the AP . "Our thoughts and prayers are with the...
2 Killed as Jet
Mar 18, 2013 12:03 AM CDT
2 Killed as Jet Crashes in Indiana Town
3 hospitalized in South Bend
- A private jet apparently experiencing mechanical trouble crashed into an Indiana neighborhood yesterday, hitting three homes and killing two people aboard the plane, authorities said. The crash injured two other people aboard the Beechcraft Premier I twin-jet and one person on the ground, a fire official said. The jet had...
You Know Things
Are Bad When ...
RIM Selling Jet
Jul 11, 2012 9:28 AM CDT
You Know Things Are Bad When ... RIM Selling Jet
As part of BlackBerry maker's move to cut costs by $1B
- Pity poor, poor RIM, which will soon have to make do with just one of its two private jets. Bloomberg spoke with two sources who revealed that the decision to sell the nine-passenger Dassault Aviation SA F50EX is part of the company's plan to trim operating costs by a...
Trump's Crazy Tour
of His Sick Jet
Aug 27, 2011 2:26 PM CDT
Trump's Crazy Tour of His Sick Jet
Everything that can be gold-plated has been gold-plated
- If you've never wanted to hear the phrase, "And here we are in Mr. Trump's bedroom," then
turn back now.
Dropping $100 million to retrofit a 757 jet that used to belong to that pauper Paul Allen apparently wasn't enough for the Donald. He also...
Hottest Ride to
Jul 25, 2011 12:48 PM CDT
Hottest Ride to Summer Camp: Private Plane
Forget the station wagon—we've got a Cessna
- More parents are going to luxurious extremes so their kids can rough it. Wealthy families are increasingly riding private jets to get to and from remote summer camps in Maine, New Hampshire, and upstate New York. Over the past weekend—a common date for camp visiting days—private jets clogged...
Pot to Call Girls
on Private Jet
Nov 4, 2010 7:53 AM CDT
Berlusconi Flew Pot to Call Girls on Private Jet
Says one of those call girls, an aspiring model
- The tawdry allegations against Silvio Berlusconi just keep on coming: Now, a call girl (who claims the Italian premier paid her more than $14,000 for sex) says he used his private jet to supply marijuana to the sex parties at his villa. “There was grass available in all...
Run Over at Airport
May 18, 2010 4:16 AM CDT
Travolta Dogs Run Over at Airport
Family pets killed at Maine airport
- Two of John Travolta's dogs have been killed in a freak accident at a Maine airport. After a jet carrying members of the Travolta family landed at Bangor International Airport last week, "two small dogs were taken for a walk by someone who is not a family member,"...
Turn to Private Jets
Apr 19, 2010 5:25 AM CDT
Stranded Travelers Turn to Private Jets
Demand for piston-engined aircraft able to enter no-fly zone soars
- Private jet firms have found a silver lining in the cloud of ash belching out of that Icelandic volcano as desperate—and wealthy—travelers try to reach their destinations at any cost. Adam Twidell, CEO of jet-hire firm PrivateFly, says that while pilots can't be bribed to breach the no-fly...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Law & Order Actress Drowns in NY River
Witness at Surprise Jan. 6 Hearing Is Revealed
46 Found Dead in 18-Wheeler in San Antonio
Cops Shove Full House Star to the Ground During LA Protest
Nightclub Survivor Says Something Was Sprayed
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.