Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 5,124,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
Stories 1 - 20 |
Young Daughter of First Responders Dies of COVID
Skylar Herbert, 5, is Michigan's youngest victim
- Michigan has its first child fatality of the COVID-19 outbreak. The parents of 5-year-old Skylar Herbert took her off a ventilator on Sunday after doctors said she had no hope of recovery and was likely brain-dead, reports the
. Skylar started having headaches about a month ago, and a...
Dad Whose Kids Died in Flood Charged With Manslaughter
Daniel Rawlings accused of driving around barricade near swollen creek
- The parents of two kids killed in an Arizona flash flood in November have been hit with charges after those children, plus one of their young nieces, all drowned in the floodwaters. A spokesman for the Gila County Sheriff's Office confirmed to
that Daniel Rawlings was charged with...
Disturbing Development in Case of Boy Found on Porch
Burned-out vehicle with human remains was rental car driven by little Noelvin's parents
- A 3-year-old boy was found on a stranger's porch in Buffalo on Monday morning, more than 1,000 miles from his home in Florida, and the three adults he'd been traveling with, including his parents, are "potentially ... still alive," say Buffalo police—but it doesn't...
Parents Find Boy in Girl's Closet. They're Now in Jail
The California adults allegedly restrained the teen and assaulted him
- Parents in California reportedly discovered a 17-year-old hiding in their 15-year-old daughter's closet on Thursday. What allegedly happened next has led to three adults being arrested Friday and hit with felony charges associated with committing a hate crime, kidnapping, and more. Police say the girl's relatives returned to...
Dayton Gunman's Parents: We're Sorry for Obituary
Death notice describing shooter as 'funny' and 'articulate' has been taken down
- It's natural to want to say flattering things about loved ones in their death notices. But the family of Connor Betts, the gunman who killed nine in Dayton, Ohio, earlier this month, is now apologizing for what they say was an "insensitive" obituary for him. The BBC reports...
The Smart Diaper Is Only Months Away
Lumi by Pampers sends text alerts when the diaper is wet
- Ding! Your baby's diaper is wet. That's the idea behind Lumi by Pampers, a new line of smart diapers that text-alerts parents when the baby needs changing, CNN reports. The product also tracks the baby's sleep time and number of pees, but not—as a dad points...
Parents React Maturely at Youth Baseball Game
Yes, it's a brawl
- Seen parents get mad when their kids play baseball? This beats that—unless you've witnessed 15 to 20 adults on the field in an all-out brawl. Video tweeted by police shows the Saturday melee at Westgate Elementary School in Lakewood, Colo, including haymakers and a woman jumping on someone'...
Cops Applaud 'Courage' of Kid Who Brought Meth to School
Young boy essentially turned in parents
- Police in Washington state are praising a young boy for bringing drugs to school—because he did so to get help regarding his parents. The
New York Daily News
cites a Facebook post from the Kennewick PD that relays what happened Wednesday when the "elementary school-aged child" showed up...
School's Dress Code for Parents Called 'Belittling'
It bans satin caps, shower caps, hair rollers, Daisy Dukes, pajamas
- It's not the students who are irritated about a new dress code at a Houston high school. These students wear uniforms , and the new rules apply to their parents. According to James Madison High School, parents and other guests will not be permitted in "sagging pants," Daisy...
Parents' Sleep May Suffer for 6 Years After Baby Arrives
If you just welcomed a little one, you can look forward to the year 2025
- Being able to say, "The baby is finally sleeping through the night" may offer a mental boost, but that doesn't mean you're necessarily going to be getting a lot more shut-eye anytime soon. In fact, don't count on it for at least six years, the
He Got a $4.5M MLB Signing Bonus. He Used It for a Christmas Gift
Brady Singer, top prospect for Kansas City Royals, paid off mom and dad's bank loan, all other debt
- Imagine being 22 years old and able to offer your parents the ultimate Christmas gift: freedom from debt. That's a feeling just experienced by Brady Singer, a first-round draft pick in this year's MLB draft and now a prospect for the Kansas City Royals, after he made the...
7 Families Sue Suspected School Shooter's Parents
They didn't do enough to keep guns away from Dimitrios Pagourtzis: suit
- Sabika Sheikh's parents saw it as an opportunity. Sending their daughter to the US as an exchange student from Pakistan could give her a leg up in a later career in business or diplomacy , Abdul Aziz and Farah Naz thought. Three weeks before she was to complete her school...
After House Awarded to Ex, Man Tries to Kill Her
'Extremely tense' day in Pa. ends with suspect, his parents dead
- The hunt for a Pennsylvania man who cops say shot at his ex-wife, then gunned down his elderly parents on Wednesday is over. Chester County District Attorney Tom Hogan told reporters Thursday that 59-year-old Bruce Rogal had crashed his minivan into his ex-wife's home earlier that morning, and that...
She Thought It Was a Goof on Her Family Tree. It Was a Secret
'The Atlantic' looks at how at-home DNA test kits are revealing decades-old secrets
- After Catherine St Clair used AncestryDNA's test, she took to bed crying. What she initially thought was a goof on the part of the company was actually the revelation of a secret that had never occurred to her: Her brother wasn't appearing properly on her family tree because...
ACLU on 'Big Victory' at the Border: 'Tears Will Be Flowing'
Federal judge's orders reunification of separated migrant families must happen within 30 days
- The ACLU claimed a "big victory" Tuesday in its fight with the Trump administration to reunite families separated at the border. "These families thought they might never see each other again. Tonight's court ruling will change lives," the ACLU tweeted on a federal judge's preliminary...
Parents Love Teacher's Post About Awful Parents
Texas middle school teacher Julie Marburger parents, kids are behaving badly
- Julie Marburger had had it—and then she reached a new level of fed-up. The 45-year-old Texas middle school teacher has decided to give up teaching at the end of the school year, but in a March 28 Facebook post , she writes that she didn't know if she would...
Melania's Parents Under Scrutiny As Trump Blasts 'Chain Migration'
How did Viktor and Amalija Knavs come to gain legal residency in the US?
- President Trump has railed against so-called "chain migration"—more commonly called family reunification, the visa process by which green card holders or legal residents in the US can bring family members over from their home countries, per NPR —but now the focus is turning to how the...
Parents Demand Answers on 'Missing' Daughter Found Years Ago
Crissita Cage-Toaster's body was found in March 2010; her parents just found out last month
- Almost eight years after their daughter's car was found abandoned in Detroit, a Georgia couple held out hope that the missing woman would be found alive. It was hope that should've been dashed within months. The body of Crissita Cage-Toaster was pulled from the Detroit River in March...
N. Korea's Spies Took Her in '77. Trump Wants to Help Find Answers
President to meet with parents of Japan's Megumi Yokota, snatched at age 13 to serve as tutor
- Forty years ago, a Japanese teen was abducted while walking home, one of at least 17 people kidnapped by North Korea in the '70s and '80s to serve as language and cultural tutors to the nation's spies. Now, President Trump has plans to meet with Megumi Yokota'...
Attempted-Bombing Suspect's Family Is 'Flabbergasted' at FBI
Jerry Drake Varnell's parents says he has schizophrenia—and FBI took advantage
- The family of the Oklahoma man accused of plotting to blow up a bank says they're "heartbroken" but stand by Jerry Drake Varnell—who got caught up in a situation spurred by his mental illness and only made possible with aid from the FBI. NewsOK posts a statement...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Trump: Biden Making a Mistake on VP
One State Cracks Down on Shoppers Angry About Masks
Cops Had to Rescue Lost Singer on His Own Property
Experts Paint Eyes on Cow Butts—and It Works
Photo Scandal Was Only Part of Katie Hill's Awful Year
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.