Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Man Allegedly Killed Neighbor's
Son Over Tree Trimming
Sep 20, 2023 2:20 PM CDT
Man Allegedly Killed Neighbor's Son Over Tree Trimming
Edward Druzolowski, 78, has been charged with 2nd-degree murder in death of Brian Ford
- A Florida man allegedly shot his neighbor's son Sunday after the two argued over tree trimming along a shared fence line. The Volusia Sheriff's Office wrote in a Facebook post that Brian Ford, 42, was trimming tree limbs along the fence line between 1880 and 1890 Alameda Drive...
Arrest Made After Microsoft
Exec Killed in Front of His Child
Aug 17, 2023 1:40 PM CDT
Arrest Made After Microsoft Exec Killed in Front of His Child
Jared Bridegan's ex-wife, Shanna Gardner-Fernandez, is third person charged in the case
- Police have arrested a third person in the ambush-style murder of a Microsoft executive last year—his ex-wife. Shanna Gardner-Fernandez, 35, faces charges including first-degree murder, reports Fox News . Prosecutors say she helped plan the slaying of Jared Bridegan, 33, with her new husband, Mario Fernandez, who was previously arrested...
California Judge Pleads
Not Guilty to Murder
Aug 15, 2023 6:30 PM CDT
California Judge Pleads Not Guilty to Murder
Lawyer says judge's wife died in 'accidental' shooting
- A Southern California judge charged with killing his wife during an argument while he was drunk pleaded not guilty to murder Tuesday, and his lawyer says it was an "accidental shooting." Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Ricardo Ocampo ordered Orange County Superior Court Judge Jeffrey Ferguson to surrender...
Judge Told Staff:
'I Just Shot My Wife'
Aug 12, 2023 12:10 PM CDT
Prosecutors Say Judge Told Staff: 'I Just Shot My Wife'
California investigators report finding 47 weapons and 26,000 rounds of ammunition in home
- Investigators say they seized 47 weapons and more than 26,000 rounds of ammunition from the Southern California home of a judge charged with killing his wife during an argument. Prosecutors said Orange County Superior Court Judge Jeffrey Ferguson, 72, pulled one of the guns from an ankle holster and...
Killer Hounded by Texans
Faces New Murder Charges
Aug 11, 2023 4:15 PM CDT
Killer Hounded by Texans Faces New Murder Charges
Raul Meza had appealed to the public after his release from prison
- A Texas man who was convicted of killing an 8-year-old girl in the 1980s and then run out of several towns following his early release from prison has been indicted on two new murder charges, including one that could carry the death penalty, prosecutors announced Friday. Raul Meza Jr., 62,...
She Thought Uber Driver
Was Kidnapping Her, Shot Him
Jun 26, 2023 7:56 AM CDT
She Thought Uber Driver Was Kidnapping Her, Shot Him
Phoebe Copas is now charged with murder in Texas
- A Kentucky woman visiting her boyfriend in Texas is now charged with murder after police say she shot an Uber driver she wrongly feared was kidnapping her. According to a complaint affidavit cited by
, Daniel Piedra, 52, who'd started driving for Uber only...
Man Charged After 3 Found
Dead, 3 Others Hit by Van
Jun 13, 2023 8:46 AM CDT
Man Charged After 3 Found Dead, 3 Others Hit by Van
Police say incidents in UK's Nottingham are all linked
- Three people were found dead in the English city of Nottingham, and three others were hit and injured by a van in linked early-morning incidents on Tuesday, police said. A 31-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder, Nottinghamshire Police said. "This is [a] horrific and tragic incident...
Cops: Man Gunned Down
Girlfriend Over Abortion
May 13, 2023 5:30 AM CDT
Cops: Man Gunned Down Girlfriend Over Abortion
Dallas police say Harold Thompson was angry that Gabriella Gonzalez had procedure in Colorado
- A man who didn't want his girlfriend to get an abortion fatally shot her during a confrontation in a Dallas parking lot, police said. He was jailed on a murder charge as of Friday. Gabriella Gonzalez, 26, was with her boyfriend, 22-year-old Harold Thompson, on Wednesday when he tried...
Leaf Blower Argument
Ends in Shooting Death
Apr 27, 2023 4:09 PM CDT
Leaf Blower Argument Ends in Shooting Death
Sheriff's department finds 79-year-old had 'perceived grievances' with victim
- William Martys was doing yardwork earlier this month when his next-door neighbor, Ettore Lacchei, approached him, evidently to complain about the noise his leaf blower was making. When sheriff's deputies arrived, they found Martys, 59, had been shot in the head. The Antioch, Illinois, man died of his wounds,...
Cops: Boy Found in Alligator's
Jaws Was Drowned by Father
Apr 24, 2023 6:55 PM CDT
Cops: Boy Found in Alligator's Jaws Was Drowned by Father
Taylen Mosley, 2, was thrown or placed in Florida lake, investigators say
- A 2-year-old boy found dead in an alligator's jaws in Florida last month wasn't killed by the animal, police say. The St. Petersburg Police Department says Taylen Mosley was drowned by his father, NBC reports. The department says the cause of death was confirmed by the Pinellas County...
A Lawyer Went to the Bathroom
at Work. He Never Came Back
in case you missed it
Apr 1, 2023 4:05 PM CDT
A Lawyer Went to the Bathroom at Work. He Never Came Back
No body has been found, but Florida plastic surgeon Tomasz Kosowski is charged with murder
- The last time Florida attorney Steven Cozzi was seen was last Tuesday, at his office in Largo. Now, a local plastic surgeon is facing first-degree murder charges in Cozzi's death, though the lawyer's body still hasn't been located, reports FOX 13 . Police say that after executing a...
Mar 30, 2023 10:45 AM CDT
'Looks Like These Guards Didn't Have Any Training'
After deadly fire at Mexican migrant facility, guards could face murder charges
- Mexican prosecutors are treating a deadly fire at a migrant facility across the border from El Paso, Texas, on Monday as a possible homicide case. The fire at the federally operated detention center in Ciudad Juarez killed at least 39 men from Central and South America and injured dozens more,...
Prosecutors: 7 Deputies Fatally
Smothered Man in Hospital
Mar 16, 2023 2:26 PM CDT
Prosecutors: 7 Deputies Fatally Smothered Man in Hospital
Deputies in Henrico County, Virginia, are now facing murder charges in death of Irvo Otieno
- Seven Virginia sheriff's deputies are now facing murder charges after authorities say they fatally smothered a physically restrained man in their custody during the intake process at a local hospital. NBC News reports that 28-year-old Irvo Otieno "died of asphyxia due to being smothered to death, thanks to...
Cops Name Man Who
8 Girls Allegedly Swarmed
Jan 10, 2023 5:39 PM CST
Cops Name Man Who 8 Girls Allegedly Swarmed
Toronto residents charged with second-degree murder of man outside homeless shelter
- The man who was stabbed to death in December in what police have called a "swarming" attack was on Tuesday identified as Ken Lee; he had previously been described as a 59-year-old who was residing in Toronto's homeless shelters. The
reports Lee was attacked near the main...
Club Q Suspect Slammed
With 305 Criminal Counts
Dec 6, 2022 11:37 AM CST
Club Q Suspect Slammed With 305 Criminal Counts
Anderson Lee Aldrich, 22, faces murder, hate crime charges after Colorado Springs shooting
- The suspect accused of entering a Colorado gay nightclub clad in body armor and opening fire with an AR-15-style rifle, killing five people and wounding at least 17 others, was charged by prosecutors Tuesday with 305 criminal counts, including hate crimes and murder. Anderson Lee Aldrich, 22, sat upright in...
Suspect in Nightclub Attack
Faces Murder, Bias Charges
Nov 21, 2022 4:23 PM CST
Suspect in Nightclub Attack Faces Murder, Bias Charges
Anderson Lee Aldrich isn't talking, Colorado Springs police say
- The suspect in the mass shooting at a Colorado Springs nightclub over the weekend has been charged with five counts of first-degree murder and five counts of bias-motivated crime, court records show. A judge granted a prosecution request on Monday to seal the arrest warrant, NBC News reports. Were the...
After Tragedy During
College Parents Weekend
Oct 5, 2022 12:56 PM CDT
Family 'Destroyed' After Tragedy During College Parents Weekend
Dad Paul Kutz, 53, was gunned down in hotel near NY's Marist College while visiting son
- A Long Island dad of three visiting one of his sons at Marist for the college's Family Weekend was killed by a stray bullet at the hotel where he was staying.
reports that 53-year-old accountant Paul Kutz of East Northport, NY, was gunned down early Sunday morning in...
Confrontation Over a Cat
Leads to Murder Charges
Sep 29, 2022 11:43 AM CDT
Confrontation Over a Cat Leads to Murder Charges
Hannah Star Esser, 20, is accused of fatally hitting man with car after she says he tried to run over cat
- A California woman has been charged with killing a man by ramming her car into him after accusing him of trying to run over a cat in the street, authorities said Wednesday. Hannah Star Esser, 20, has been charged with murder in the death of 43-year-old Victor Anthony Luis, per...
Missing Teen Is Found,
but Case Takes a Twist
Sep 9, 2022 4:35 PM CDT
Missing Teen Is Found, but Case Takes a Twist
16-year-old is located in Washington state, then charged with murder
- It seemed like a good-news story at the time: On Sept. 1, police in Washington state found a 16-year-old boy in the woods who had been reporting missing the previous day, having failed to show up for football practice, reports the
. He was shirtless and in bare feet,...
American Accused of Murder
on Luxury Fiji Honeymoon
Jul 20, 2022 9:00 PM CDT
American Accused of Murder on Luxury Fiji Honeymoon
Christe Chen Dawson was found dead in her room on July 9
- A Memphis man is accused of murdering his bride while on their honeymoon at a luxe Fiji resort that featured in the 1980 movie
The Blue Lagoon.
Authorities say Christe Chen Dawson was found dead in her room at Fiji's Turtle Island Resort on July 9. The 36-year-old's...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Boston College Suspends Swimming, Diving Teams
'When I First Saw It, I Thought This Can't Be Real'
She Worked Her Way Up the Men's Wearhouse Ladder. Now, Jail
Young Would-Be Voters Answer Taylor Swift's Plea
Crawford on '86 Oprah Interview: 'I Was Like the Chattel'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.