Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Walgreens Worker Allegedly
Killed Teen in Break Room
Jun 16, 2022 10:45 AM CDT
Walgreens Worker Allegedly Killed Teen in Break Room
Victim Riley Whitelaw, 17, complained about co-worker Joshua Johnson for a year
- A teenage Walgreens employee who reported her co-worker to her boss for making her feel uncomfortable was allegedly killed by that same co-worker in the store's break room. A manager at the store in Colorado Springs called 911 just before 7pm Saturday, saying he'd found a body in...
Judge: Ex-Cops in Floyd Killing
Can't Get Fair Trial Right Now
Jun 6, 2022 10:40 AM CDT
Judge: Ex-Cops in Floyd Killing Can't Get Fair Trial Right Now
Judge Peter Cahill delays trial of Tou Thao, J. Alexander Kueng until January
- The judge overseeing the remaining case of two former Minneapolis police officers charged in George Floyd's killing ordered Monday that the trial be delayed until January to improve prospects for a fair trial. Tou Thao and J. Alexander Kueng had been due to go on trial next Monday on...
Boy Dies on Vacation in SC
in 'Senseless, Senseless Act'
Jun 2, 2022 10:25 AM CDT
Boy Dies on Vacation in SC in 'Senseless, Senseless Act'
Quarius Naqua Dunham of NH was fatally shot by man who allegedly was firing randomly at cars
- A family vacation in South Carolina turned tragic after an 8-year-old boy was fatally shot by a man who was randomly firing at cars, according to local police. NBC News reports on the incident near Florence, where third-grader Quarius Naqua Dunham of New Hampshire was driving with his family around...
'Payton, You're a Coward!'
May 19, 2022 11:00 AM CDT
'Payton, You're a Coward!'
Suspected Buffalo shooter makes court appearance, is jeered by relative of a victim
- The legal case against the accused gunman in Buffalo's mass shooting advanced on Thursday, but not before Payton Gendron got a message from a relative of one of the victims. "Payton, you're a coward!" shouted the family member as the 18-year-old was being led from a...
After Girl, 7, Mauled to Death by
Dog, 4 Family Members Charged
May 17, 2022 7:37 AM CDT
After Girl, 7, Mauled to Death by Dog, 4 Family Members Charged
Olivia Floyd died after Rottweiler attacked her in Va.; grandparents charged with murder
- A family tragedy around the horrific death of a 7-year-old Virginia girl has been compounded by the arrests of her grandparents and parents. Earlier this year, WHSV reported on a dog attack in Augusta County, Va., in which Olivia Grace Floyd was killed. Police who arrived at a Waynesboro residence...
Arrest Made in
2009 Myrtle Beach
May 16, 2022 5:31 PM CDT
Arrest Made in 2009 Myrtle Beach Disappearance
Brittanee Drexel, 17, vanished during spring break
- A full 13 years after Brittanee Drexel disappeared while on spring break in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina authorities said Monday that a suspect has been charged in her death. Raymond Moody, 62, is in custody, officials said, and has been charged with rape, murder, and kidnapping, WCIV reports. The 17-year-old'...
Man Accused of Killing Wife
Wins His Primary in Indiana
May 6, 2022 1:16 PM CDT
Man Accused of Killing Wife Wins His Primary in Indiana
Andrew Wilhoite is jailed on murder charges following wife's death in March
- Andrew Wilhoite won his primary this week for one of three open seats on the Clinton Township Board in Indiana. But as the
reports, Wilhoite did so while jailed on charges that he murdered his wife in March. Prosecutors say the 40-year-old confessed to killing Nikki Wilhoite, 41,...
Couple Arrested After Duck
Leads Police to Missing Body
May 2, 2022 1:23 PM CDT
Couple Arrested After Duck Leads Police to Missing Body
Remains of missing woman found under mobile home in North Carolina
- Police near Asheville, North Carolina, give credit to a runaway pet duck for helping solve a two-year-old investigation into an elderly woman's death. According to NBC News, the duck's owners chased it under a mobile home, where they discovered a container with decayed human remains. After an autopsy,...
Roommate Charged in
High-Profile Florida Murder
Apr 18, 2022 9:28 AM CDT
Roommate Charged in High-Profile Florida Murder
Jorge Diaz-Johnston, an LGBTQ activist, was murdered earlier this year
- Police have made an arrest in the murder of a high-profile figure in the LGBTQ community of Florida. Authorities say 36-year-old Steven Yinger strangled 54-year-old Jorge Diaz-Johnston of Tallahassee, whose body was found in a landfill in January, reports the
. Diaz-Johnston was one of the plaintiffs in a...
Cops: Wife's Third Attempt
to Kill Husband Worked
Apr 18, 2022 8:59 AM CDT
Cops: Wife's Third Attempt to Kill Husband Worked
One failed try involved pufferfish toxin, say authorities in South Korea
- An alleged murder case in South Korea is making headlines for its unusual circumstances, including the use of pufferfish toxin. Police near Seoul arrested 31-year-old Lee Eun-hae and alleged accomplice Cho Hyun-soo, 31, and accused them of murdering Lee's husband for insurance money, reports the
. Police say...
New Charge for Man Accused
of Abducting Nevada Teen
Apr 2, 2022 5:30 AM CDT
New Charge for Man Accused of Abducting Nevada Teen
Troy Driver has now been charged with murder in the case of 18-year-old Naomi Irion
Troy Driver had already been charged with kidnapping in the case of Naomi Irion, the Nevada 18-year-old whose body was found more than two weeks after she was taken from a Walmart parking lot. Now, the 41-year-old has been hit with a murder charge as well, reports CBS News...
New Details on
Mar 2, 2022 8:11 AM CST
Judge Shares New Details on Ethan Crumbley
Revelations came in ruling denying his lawyers' request he be moved to juvenile facility
Ethan Crumbley will remain in adult jail for the duration of his murder case, and the ruling establishing that included previously undisclosed details about the alleged school shooter. In his Tuesday opinion, Oakland County Circuit Judge Kwame Rowe shared details gleaned from his review of Crumbley's texts and...
Cops: Gang Member Fatally
Stabbed Columbia Student
Dec 4, 2021 7:30 AM CST
Cops: Gang Member Fatally Stabbed Columbia Student
Davide Giri, 30, died after attack in same park where Tessa Majors was killed; suspect in custody
- A graduate student at Columbia University was stabbed to death Thursday night in New York City's Morningside Park, the same park where Barnard College student Tessa Majors was fatally stabbed almost two years ago to the day. The
New York Times
reports that Davide Giri, 30, was about two...
NY State Trooper Indicted for
Murder of 11-Year-Old Girl
Oct 28, 2021 8:21 AM CDT
NY State Trooper Indicted for Murder of 11-Year-Old Girl
Family of Monica Goods says she was killed after high-speed chase by Christopher Baldner
- A week before she turned 12, Monica Goods was killed on the New York State Thruway last winter after her family's car flipped over and threw her from the vehicle. Now, a New York State Trooper has been charged with murder, with Monica's family claiming Christopher Baldner rammed...
Police Think They Solved
49-Year-Old Murder Case
Jun 6, 2021 4:31 PM CDT
Police Think They Solved 49-Year-Old Murder Case
Julie Ann Hanson, 15, was killed in 1972
- Don’t call it a cold case. “We had Julie's picture on our desks” for all these years, Naperville Police Chief Robert Marshall said of Julie Ann Hanson. Julie was only 15 when she disappeared, only to be found dead hours later in Illinois in 1972. Now,...
Pleads Guilty in
Death of Uber
Jun 4, 2021 9:20 AM CDT
13-Year-Old Pleads Guilty in Death of Uber Eats Driver
Cops: DC carjacking by teen, 15-year-old accomplice led to crash that killed 66-year-old Mohammad Anwar
- A 13-year-old girl has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the DC death of an Uber Eats driver who was killed during a carjacking in the spring. NBC Washington reports that the teen's accomplice, a 15-year-old girl, pleaded guilty last month to felony murder after the March 23 incident...
May 21, 2021 7:50 AM CDT
Murder Charges Dropped Against Mom Who Had Stillbirth
Calif. judge says not enough proof Chelsea Becker knew her meth use might harm fetus
- In September 2019, 26-year-old Chelsea Becker, who was 8 1/2 months pregnant, delivered a stillborn baby. Two months later, she was arrested and charged with murder, accused of taking meth just days before her stillbirth. Those charges have now been dismissed, with a California judge ruling that prosecutors didn't...
UK Women After Cop
Charged With Murder:
'Enough Is Enough'
Mar 13, 2021 6:30 AM CST
UK Women After Cop Charged With Murder: 'Enough Is Enough'
Widespread harassment cited as police officer Wayne Couzens is accused of killing Sarah Everard
- The Metropolitan Police officer suspected of killing Sarah Everard has been hit with murder and kidnapping charges. Wayne Couzens, accused of abducting the 33-year-old marketing executive as she walked home from a friend's house in London on March 3, will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Saturday, reports the...
They Went to Investigate 1999
Murder, Found a Different Body
Mar 12, 2021 10:14 AM CST
They Went to Investigate 1999 Murder, Found a Different Body
Christopher Lovrien, 53, is accused of killing 2 men in Oregon more than 2 decades apart
- More than two decades ago, Mark Dribin vanished. While police haven't yet found the Oregon man's remains, they have a suspect. That man, 53-year-old Christopher Lovrien, is now being accused not only of murdering Dribin, but also of murdering Kenneth Griffin, who disappeared in February 2020 and whose...
Derek Chauvin Will Face
Another Murder Charge
Mar 11, 2021 10:20 AM CST
Derek Chauvin Will Face Another Murder Charge
Judge approves 3rd-degree murder charge in George Floyd case; jury selection proceeds
- A judge on Thursday granted prosecutors' request to add a third-degree murder charge against the former Minneapolis police officer charged in George Floyd's death, per the AP . Hennepin County Judge Peter Cahill reinstated the charge after the former officer, Derek Chauvin, failed to get appellate courts to block it....
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Two Words in Roberts' Ruling Signal a Big Fight
Howard Stern Selects His Presidential Running Mate
Kaitlin Armstrong Was Trying to Build New Life in Costa Rica
In Clarence Thomas Opinion, Line About COVID Vaccine, Cells From 'Aborted Children'
Cops: Man Was Shot Dead for Driving Too Slowly
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.