Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Chick-fil-A Under Fire,
This Time From the Right
May 31, 2023 2:25 PM CDT
Chick-fil-A Under Fire, This Time From the Right
Critics learned the chain has an exec in charge of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Chick-fil-A, a company that has courted controversy in the past over its negative stance on LGBTQ rights , has suddenly been accused by critics on the right of "going woke," reports the Hill . Conservatives learned the company has a vice president of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), and are...
Cops: Mom of 7 Murdered
in Chick-Fil-A Drive Thru
Apr 6, 2023 7:54 AM CDT
Cops: Mom of 7 Murdered in Chick-Fil-A Drive Thru
Georgia man then turned gun on himself
- A woman who went to a Chick-Fil-A in northwest Georgia for breakfast Wednesday morning was murdered in front of horrified customers in the drive-thru line, police say. Rome police say Cassie Davis, 39, was shot three times through her passenger-side window by 56-year-old Anthony Green, who then killed himself with...
We Pump Out
That Could Be an Issue
Apr 5, 2023 1:42 PM CDT
We Pump Out 8-Pound Chickens. That Could Be an Issue
KFC and Chick-fil-A's need for 4-pound birds is rising
- It's a potentially big problem involving a small thing: America needs more 4-pound chickens. That's the upshot of a
Wall Street Journal
piece that takes a look at the friction between the larger 8-pound birds chicken processors prefer and the smaller variety that fast-food chains like Chick-fil-A and...
This Is the Country's
Oct 11, 2022 3:00 AM CDT
This Is the Country's Slowest Drive-Thru
Chick-fil-A, though customers don't seem to mind
- And the award for the most molasses-like drive-thru line in the US goes to ... Chick-fil-A. The chicken chain came in last in a new study that looked at, among other things, the country's slowest drive-thrus. Though there is a caveat: The study, carried out by IT customer service firm...
Capes. They Wear
Sep 15, 2022 11:30 AM CDT
Some Heroes Don't Wear Capes. They Wear Chick-fil-A Uniforms
Mykel Gordon praised for helping woman with baby during alleged carjacking in Okaloosa County, Fla.
- A fast-food employee saved the day this week during a terrifying alleged carjacking attempt in Florida. Per a release from the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office, a woman was getting her baby out of her car Wednesday in the parking lot of a Chick-fil-A in Fort Walton Beach when she...
Chick-fil-A in Hot Water After
Using This Word Online
Sep 12, 2022 12:38 PM CDT
Chick-fil-A in Hot Water After Using This Word Online
Fast-food chain apologizes for 'poor choice of words' after using 'community' in tweet
- A patron who was disappointed about Chick-fil-A's offerings got an almost immediate response online, but the fast-food chain's quick customer service was soon overshadowed by the way it worded its reply.
reports that the customer tweeted at the restaurant on Friday, complaining that although his local branch...
That Drive-Thru Order
May Contain More Than
You Bargained For
Mar 26, 2022 11:30 AM CDT
That Drive-Thru Order May Contain More Than You Bargained For
Consumer Reports finds excessive amounts of 'forever chemicals' in some fast-food wrappers
- You might want to dump those Mickey D's fries onto a plate as soon as you get home. Consumer Reports released an analysis Thursday on packaging at fast-food restaurants and supermarket chains, with a concerning find: Many of the wrappers that hold the fare we pick up at the...
I'll 'Go to War'
Jul 15, 2021 7:26 AM CDT
Lindsey Graham: I'll 'Go to War' for Chick-fil-A
SC senator says he'll back chain after Notre Dame students protest possible eatery on campus
- In May, the University of Notre Dame's dining service noted in a social media post that it may be considering adding Chick-fil-A to its on-campus options—and the hubbub that has emerged at the Indiana school since now involves a senator from South Carolina. The Hill reports that Lindsey...
Burger King Takes Dig
at Chick-Fil-A With Donations
Jun 7, 2021 12:33 AM CDT
Burger King Takes Dig at Chick-Fil-A With Donations
Chain gives part of chicken sandwich proceeds to LGBTQ group, 'even on Sundays'
- There’s a new battle underway in the chicken sandwich war . Burger King will donate part of the price of each Ch’King sandwich to an LGBTQ civil rights organization throughout June—Pride month, reports
. And because the restaurant tweeted that they’ll make the donations to...
Sauce Shortage Is Real
May 12, 2021 1:26 PM CDT
Chick-fil-A's Sauce Shortage Is Real
Company posts a brief statement about it on its website
- First toilet paper, then gas, now ... Chick-fil-A sauce? Apparently. The company is experiencing supply chain issues that have forced it to limit the number of sauces customers can get with their order. WTRF reports some customers were alerted via an email that detailed the temporary restrictions: 1 sauce per entree,...
Texas AG Says Controversial
Chick-fil-A Decision Reversed
Sep 14, 2020 6:33 AM CDT
Texas AG Says Controversial Chick-fil-A Decision Reversed
However, San Antonio does not appear to agree
- A year and a half after it was denied a lease at the San Antonio International Airport, Chick-fil-A is apparently being offered one. As Fox News reports, the March 2019 denial, which came from the city council , was reportedly due to what it called the fast food chain's "...
College Kids Hatch Quite the
Plan to Get Some Chick-fil-A
Feb 24, 2020 4:17 PM CST
College Kids Hatch Quite the Plan to Get Some Chick-fil-A
It involved buying a New York-to-Florida plane ticket
- How much would you pay to satisfy a Chick-fil-A craving? For the cross country track team at New York's Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, about $18 apiece, it turns out. The scheme is more impressive than the tab: With a week off from running, the team members decided they really wanted...
Mom Told to Cover
Breastfeeding: 'I Got Angry'
Jan 26, 2020 12:45 PM CST
Mom Told to Cover Breastfeeding: 'I Got Angry'
Samantha McIntosh pushed back against Chick-fil-A
- Cover my breastfeeding? OK ... I think. A Georgia woman agreed to a Chick-fil-A manager's request Monday—seems a customer had complained—but then got upset about it, CNN reports. "As I sit there in this family friendly restaurant I start to simmer," writes Samantha McIntosh on Facebook...
You'll See Why
Jan 1, 2020 2:40 PM CST
This Chick-fil-A Worker Has Gone Viral. You'll See Why
Jeremiah Murrill brightens everyone's day with a smile, a fist bump, and a positive attitude
- Jeremiah Murrill doesn't do anything outrageous when he takes customers' meal orders on the Chick-fil-A drive-thru line—but with what KPRC describes as his "infectiously upbeat customer service and bright attitude," the 20-year-old North Carolinian has attracted nationwide attention. Per CNN , Murrill is beloved by regulars who...
Firefighters Rescue Teen
Who Took Chick-fil-A Dare
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Dec 1, 2019 9:52 AM CST
Firefighters Rescue Teen Who Took Chick-fil-A Dare
Addison Trent was a little embarrassed by the whole thing
- Give it to Addison Trent: She's a good sport. The Idaho teenager was out with friends at a Chick-fil-A on Tuesday evening when she sat in a restaurant high chair as a dare—and couldn't get back out, the East Idaho News reports. Friends tried pulling on her,...
Chick-fil-A Halts Donations
to 3 Christian Charities
Nov 19, 2019 3:06 AM CST
Chick-fil-A Halts Donations to 3 Christian Charities
Chain moves away from anti-gay marriage groups
- Chick-fil-A is ending donations to three groups that oppose gay marriage in an effort to halt protests and broaden its customer base. But the move has angered some of the fast food chain's fans. The Atlanta-based company said Monday that starting next year, it will focus its giving on...
Chick-fil-A Just Opened
First UK Restaurant.
It's Already Closing
Oct 21, 2019 12:00 PM CDT
Chick-fil-A Just Opened First UK Restaurant. It's Already Closing
The Chick-fil-A in Reading is shutting down after protests related to LGBTQ+ issues
- On Oct. 10, the first-ever Chick-fil-A in the UK opened its doors. On Oct. 18 , the announcement was made that it would not be staying there. After the US fast food chain opened a branch in the English town of Reading, the LGBTQ+ advocacy group Reading Pride started organizing protests...
$5K Lawsuit Targets
Aug 31, 2019 12:00 PM CDT
$5K Lawsuit Targets Chicken Sandwiches
Craig Barr accuses Popeyes of deceptive business practices
- A Tennessee man is suing Popeyes Chicken because, he says, they ran out of chicken sandwiches. Craig Barr filed the $5,000 suit Wednesday after what he called repeated attempts to buy the sandwich at different locations, NBC News reports. "I can't get happy; I have this sandwich...
Worker Jumps Out
in Heroic Save
Jun 29, 2019 8:00 AM CDT
Chick-fil-A Worker Jumps Out Drive-Thru Window in Heroic Save
Logan Simmons took what he thought was quickest way out to help a choking child
- He went to work ready to serve up chicken sandwiches; he left work a hero. Logan Simmons, a 19-year-old Chick-fil-A employee in Hall County, Ga., went to work on Wednesday just like any other day—except it didn't turn out to be like any other day. Simmons, who was...
Law to 'Save Chick-fil-A' Will
Hurt Gay Community: Critics
Jun 12, 2019 11:00 AM CDT
Law to 'Save Chick-fil-A' Will Hurt Gay Community: Critics
Democrats angered by new Texas bill providing religious protections
- Chick-fil-A has a fan in Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, who on Monday signed into law a bill that blocks "adverse action" against the restaurant and other businesses and persons for contributions to religious groups. The "Save Chick-fil-A" law, to take effect Sept. 1, stems from a decision to...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Family in 'Unbearable Pain' After Mother Found in Gator's Jaws
'Nightmare' Exodus Begins Amid Fears of Ethnic Cleansing
Forget WFH. It's Time to WFG
Fans Boo as Miami Dolphins Opt Not to Go for NFL Record
He's Erasing a 2012 Murder, One Pitch at a Time
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.