Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
That Drive-Thru Order
May Contain More Than
You Bargained For
Mar 26, 2022 11:30 AM CDT
That Drive-Thru Order May Contain More Than You Bargained For
Consumer Reports finds excessive amounts of 'forever chemicals' in some fast-food wrappers
- You might want to dump those Mickey D's fries onto a plate as soon as you get home. Consumer Reports released an analysis Thursday on packaging at fast-food restaurants and supermarket chains, with a concerning find: Many of the wrappers that hold the fare we pick up at the...
I'll 'Go to War'
Jul 15, 2021 7:26 AM CDT
Lindsey Graham: I'll 'Go to War' for Chick-fil-A
SC senator says he'll back chain after Notre Dame students protest possible eatery on campus
- In May, the University of Notre Dame's dining service noted in a social media post that it may be considering adding Chick-fil-A to its on-campus options—and the hubbub that has emerged at the Indiana school since now involves a senator from South Carolina. The Hill reports that Lindsey...
Burger King Takes Dig
at Chick-Fil-A With Donations
Jun 7, 2021 12:33 AM CDT
Burger King Takes Dig at Chick-Fil-A With Donations
Chain gives part of chicken sandwich proceeds to LGBTQ group, 'even on Sundays'
- There’s a new battle underway in the chicken sandwich war . Burger King will donate part of the price of each Ch’King sandwich to an LGBTQ civil rights organization throughout June—Pride month, reports
. And because the restaurant tweeted that they’ll make the donations to...
Sauce Shortage Is Real
May 12, 2021 1:26 PM CDT
Chick-fil-A's Sauce Shortage Is Real
Company posts a brief statement about it on its website
- First toilet paper, then gas, now ... Chick-fil-A sauce? Apparently. The company is experiencing supply chain issues that have forced it to limit the number of sauces customers can get with their order. WTRF reports some customers were alerted via an email that detailed the temporary restrictions: 1 sauce per entree,...
Texas AG Says Controversial
Chick-fil-A Decision Reversed
Sep 14, 2020 6:33 AM CDT
Texas AG Says Controversial Chick-fil-A Decision Reversed
However, San Antonio does not appear to agree
- A year and a half after it was denied a lease at the San Antonio International Airport, Chick-fil-A is apparently being offered one. As Fox News reports, the March 2019 denial, which came from the city council , was reportedly due to what it called the fast food chain's "...
College Kids Hatch Quite the
Plan to Get Some Chick-fil-A
Feb 24, 2020 4:17 PM CST
College Kids Hatch Quite the Plan to Get Some Chick-fil-A
It involved buying a New York-to-Florida plane ticket
- How much would you pay to satisfy a Chick-fil-A craving? For the cross country track team at New York's Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, about $18 apiece, it turns out. The scheme is more impressive than the tab: With a week off from running, the team members decided they really wanted...
Mom Told to Cover
Breastfeeding: 'I Got Angry'
Jan 26, 2020 12:45 PM CST
Mom Told to Cover Breastfeeding: 'I Got Angry'
Samantha McIntosh pushed back against Chick-fil-A
- Cover my breastfeeding? OK ... I think. A Georgia woman agreed to a Chick-fil-A manager's request Monday—seems a customer had complained—but then got upset about it, CNN reports. "As I sit there in this family friendly restaurant I start to simmer," writes Samantha McIntosh on Facebook...
You'll See Why
Jan 1, 2020 2:40 PM CST
This Chick-fil-A Worker Has Gone Viral. You'll See Why
Jeremiah Murrill brightens everyone's day with a smile, a fist bump, and a positive attitude
- Jeremiah Murrill doesn't do anything outrageous when he takes customers' meal orders on the Chick-fil-A drive-thru line—but with what KPRC describes as his "infectiously upbeat customer service and bright attitude," the 20-year-old North Carolinian has attracted nationwide attention. Per CNN , Murrill is beloved by regulars who...
Firefighters Rescue Teen
Who Took Chick-fil-A Dare
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Dec 1, 2019 9:52 AM CST
Firefighters Rescue Teen Who Took Chick-fil-A Dare
Addison Trent was a little embarrassed by the whole thing
- Give it to Addison Trent: She's a good sport. The Idaho teenager was out with friends at a Chick-fil-A on Tuesday evening when she sat in a restaurant high chair as a dare—and couldn't get back out, the East Idaho News reports. Friends tried pulling on her,...
Chick-fil-A Halts Donations
to 3 Christian Charities
Nov 19, 2019 3:06 AM CST
Chick-fil-A Halts Donations to 3 Christian Charities
Chain moves away from anti-gay marriage groups
- Chick-fil-A is ending donations to three groups that oppose gay marriage in an effort to halt protests and broaden its customer base. But the move has angered some of the fast food chain's fans. The Atlanta-based company said Monday that starting next year, it will focus its giving on...
Chick-fil-A Just Opened
First UK Restaurant.
It's Already Closing
Oct 21, 2019 12:00 PM CDT
Chick-fil-A Just Opened First UK Restaurant. It's Already Closing
The Chick-fil-A in Reading is shutting down after protests related to LGBTQ+ issues
- On Oct. 10, the first-ever Chick-fil-A in the UK opened its doors. On Oct. 18 , the announcement was made that it would not be staying there. After the US fast food chain opened a branch in the English town of Reading, the LGBTQ+ advocacy group Reading Pride started organizing protests...
$5K Lawsuit Targets
Aug 31, 2019 12:00 PM CDT
$5K Lawsuit Targets Chicken Sandwiches
Craig Barr accuses Popeyes of deceptive business practices
- A Tennessee man is suing Popeyes Chicken because, he says, they ran out of chicken sandwiches. Craig Barr filed the $5,000 suit Wednesday after what he called repeated attempts to buy the sandwich at different locations, NBC News reports. "I can't get happy; I have this sandwich...
Worker Jumps Out
in Heroic Save
Jun 29, 2019 8:00 AM CDT
Chick-fil-A Worker Jumps Out Drive-Thru Window in Heroic Save
Logan Simmons took what he thought was quickest way out to help a choking child
- He went to work ready to serve up chicken sandwiches; he left work a hero. Logan Simmons, a 19-year-old Chick-fil-A employee in Hall County, Ga., went to work on Wednesday just like any other day—except it didn't turn out to be like any other day. Simmons, who was...
Law to 'Save Chick-fil-A' Will
Hurt Gay Community: Critics
Jun 12, 2019 11:00 AM CDT
Law to 'Save Chick-fil-A' Will Hurt Gay Community: Critics
Democrats angered by new Texas bill providing religious protections
- Chick-fil-A has a fan in Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, who on Monday signed into law a bill that blocks "adverse action" against the restaurant and other businesses and persons for contributions to religious groups. The "Save Chick-fil-A" law, to take effect Sept. 1, stems from a decision to...
Cops On Her Tail,
Cow Takes Shelter
Mar 19, 2019 8:07 AM CDT
Cops On Her Tail, Cow Takes Shelter at Chick-Fil-A
Runaway bovine is back home after chase in Indiana
- Well, this little bovine wasn't about to go to Burger King. A cow got loose from a trailer in Indiana on Saturday and took off for the nearest Chick-Fil-A, where the animal was then seen sticking its tongue out at officers. A video viewed more than 1.1 million...
Mar 6, 2019 11:30 AM CST
Dean Resigns Over University's Chick-fil-A Decision
Rider University decided not to consider bringing the fast food chain on campus
- A dean at a New Jersey university resigned saying the school's decision to not consider bringing Chick-fil-A to campus because of its opposition to the LGBT community made her feel "like I had been punched in the stomach." Cynthia Newman, former dean of Rider University's College...
In-N-Out Donation Causes
Political Hubbub in California
Aug 31, 2018 8:51 AM CDT
In-N-Out Donation Causes Political Hubbub in California
But calls for a boycott over money to GOP seem to be fizzling
- Californians love their In-N-Out burgers, and a Democratic leader's attempt to drum up support for a boycott isn't exactly taking off. The brouhaha started when journalist Gabe Schneider tweeted a state filing showing that the chain had donated $25,000 to the GOP, reports
. That prompted...
Chick-fil-A Makes Big
Leap in a Fast-Food First
Jul 24, 2018 9:55 AM CDT
Chick-fil-A Makes Big Leap in a Fast-Food First
Chain will do 12-week trial run of meal kits in Atlanta
- Meal kits are all the rage: The $2.2 billion business supplying consumers with fresh ingredients to be turned into a delicious dish at home is likely to see 25% to 30% annual growth over the next five years,
reports, citing food industry consulting firm Pentallect. Now, Chick-fil-A...
Dad Celebrates Daughter's
Birth in Chick-fil-A Restroom
Jul 20, 2018 3:27 PM CDT
Dad Celebrates Daughter's Birth in Chick-fil-A Restroom
Gracelyn Mae Violet Griffin will get free food for life and a job when she's 16
- A Texas family knew they had a new addition on the way, but they had no way of knowing where the baby girl would make her first appearance: in a Chick-fil-A bathroom. Per KENS5 , Robert Griffin and his wife were on their way to the hospital in San Antonio when...
Jun 12, 2018 11:37 AM CDT
Twitter CEO's Restaurant Choice Ignites Controversy
After criticism, Jack Dorsey laments eating at Chick-fil-A during Pride Month
- It started innocently enough: Jack Dorsey, CEO of Twitter and Square, tried to plug his latter company by tweeting that he'd saved money by using its mobile payment service. The problem, at least in some eyes, is that he saved that money while eating at Chick-fil-A. The fast-food chain...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
92 Tons of Popular Topping Recalled
Sentencing in Flight Attendant Assault a 'Very Strong Message'
The Clues Were Ingenious, but Staging the Hunt Would Kill Him
Trump Piles On Abbott, Other No-Shows at NRA Meeting
Once the Vatican's No. 2 Man, His Legacy Was Marred
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.