Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
They Claimed 'New World Order'
on COVID; Judge Hit Them Hard
Aug 31, 2022 8:10 AM CDT
They Claimed 'New World Order' on COVID; Judge Hit Them Hard
Anti-vaxxers fueled by conspiracy theories must pay Aussie federal, state gov'ts $150K in legal fees
- Every Australian state except for one, as well as one territory and the nation's federal government, is set to recoup tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees after a federal judge ruled against an anti-vaxxer group, saying the members had failed to prove their claims that COVID mandates...
Butterfly Center Targeted
by QAnon Partially Reopens
Mar 17, 2022 5:09 AM CDT
Butterfly Center Targeted by QAnon Partially Reopens
But Texas sanctuary is members-only for now
- A butterfly center in Texas has partially reopened, more than a month after it said it was temporarily shutting down because of threats from QAnon conspiracy theorists. The National Butterfly Center in the border community of Mission said in a tweet this week that it reopened for members only on...
Tech Firm Mogul's Antisemitic
Email: 'Jews Are Behind This'
Jan 5, 2022 9:25 AM CST
Tech Firm Mogul's Antisemitic Email: 'Jews Are Behind This'
Entrata's Dave Bateman resigns from board after tying Jewish people to vaccine conspiracy theory
- "I write this email knowing that many of you will think I'm crazy after reading it." That's how Utah tech entrepreneur and GOP fundraiser Dave Bateman started off his message to state leaders and members of the tech industry on Tuesday, suggesting he had at least...
Jones Loses Sandy Hook
Cases by Default
Oct 1, 2021 10:55 AM CDT
Jones Loses Sandy Hook Cases by Default
Conspiracy theorist repeatedly failed to comply with orders to provide documents
- Alex Jones has lost two more court cases and is going to have to pay more damages to the families of children killed in a mass shooting he claimed was a hoax. A Texas judge has issued two rare default judgments against Jones and his conspiracy theorist media outlet, Infowars,...
'Disinformation Dozen' Pushes
Most Antivaccine Content
Jul 18, 2021 3:22 PM CDT
'Disinformation Dozen' Pushes Most Antivaccine Content
73% of false conspiracy theories on Facebook come from accounts of 12 people
- Twelve people are responsible for 73% of COVID misinformation on Facebook. A group called the Center for Countering Digital Hate says it looked at content posted on Facebook and antivaccine Facebook groups in February and March, and then monitored how the content was shared. The group says antivaccine influencers make...
Descent of Alex Jones
Apr 19, 2021 5:48 PM CDT
Podcasters Track Descent of Alex Jones
As Infowars traffic falls, hosts who mock it wonder what they'll do next
- Dan Friesen and Jordan Holmes are following Alex Jones closely on his way down, but they aren't fans. They are growing concerned, though, about the Infowars host hitting bottom. "He just feels less and less in control of what he's doing. The presentation is reckless and absurd,...
Think Trump Will Be
President on Thursday
Mar 3, 2021 9:25 AM CST
Conspiracy Theorists Think Trump Will Be President on Thursday
No expectation of violence, though Capitol Police will be on guard
- Capitol Police are boosting security in response to a far-right conspiracy theory claiming Donald Trump will again become president on Thursday. Some QAnon supporters believed Trump would declare martial law and remain in office on Jan. 20. But "when that didn't happen, the date was moved from Jan....
Some QAnon Believers Morph
to Embrace Joe Biden
Jan 21, 2021 11:20 AM CST
Some QAnon Believers Morph to Embrace Joe Biden
Other feel duped and betrayed by conspiracy movement
- For QAnon believers, the promised "storm" never came. Donald Trump is out and Joe Biden is in at the White House. There was no final-day declaration of martial law, no mass arrests, no continuation of the Trump presidency. All of which raises the question: What happens now to the...
She Claimed Politician Was a
Pedophile, Now Owes $625K
Sep 22, 2020 12:51 PM CDT
She Claimed Politician Was a Pedophile, Now Owes $625K
Australian MP's accuser is unapologetic, to say the least
- Internet trolls, beware: A conspiracy theorist who claimed a politician was involved in a pedophile ring has been ordered to pay more than half a million dollars. Last month, Anne Webster, a first-term Australian MP, and her husband sued Karen Brewer over a series of Facebook posts that claimed Webster...
Twitter Lays the
Jul 22, 2020 4:24 AM CDT
Twitter Lays the Hammer Down on QAnon
Bans 7K accounts, places restrictions on another 150K
- Twitter is banning 7,000 QAnon accounts and limiting another 150,000, the social media service announced Tuesday. "These accounts are engaging in behavior that is designed to further the spread of content that has resulted in clear and well-documented informational, physical, societal and psychological offline harm," a...
Conspiracy Video 'Plandemic'
Gets Yanked, but Persists
May 8, 2020 9:32 AM CDT
Conspiracy Video 'Plandemic' Gets Yanked, but Persists
Judy Mikovits has an ax to grind against Anthony Fauci
- If you've seen or heard the word "Plandemic" the last few days, there's good reason. It's the title of a 26-minute video spreading wild conspiracy theories about the coronavirus that has been yanked by YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook. But the word keeps trending as believers find...
Apr 24, 2020 7:41 AM CDT
Conspiracy Theorists Hijack Country Singer's Virus Death
Widow of Joe Diffie slams 'false and hurtful' claims on how her husband died
- Conspiracy theorists are twisting facts online about country singer Joe Diffie's death from COVID-19 complications in an effort to promote their claims that health officials are exaggerating the threat of the coronavirus pandemic. Diffie, who topped the charts in the 1990s with honky-tonk singles including "Home" and "...
FDA Has a Coronavirus
Warning for Alex Jones
Apr 10, 2020 2:14 AM CDT
FDA Has a Coronavirus Warning for Alex Jones
Tells Infowars host to stop hawking fake treatments for the virus
- Count Alex Jones among the people hawking fake coronavirus treatments . The FDA and the FTC warned the right-wing conspiracy theorist in a letter to stop promoting and selling silver-infused products including toothpaste and mouthwash that "are intended to mitigate, prevent, treat, diagnose, or cure COVID-19." Those products are...
Dr. Fauci to Get 'Enhanced'
Security After Threats
Apr 2, 2020 8:11 AM CDT
Dr. Fauci to Get 'Enhanced' Security After Threats
Scientist on front lines against virus also getting 'unwelcome communications from fervent admirers'
- He's become one of the most familiar faces in the effort to fight the coronavirus—maybe a little too familiar. Justice Department officials said Wednesday that Dr. Anthony Fauci, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases director who's become a household name due to his appearances at...
for $100K Over
Dec 31, 2019 8:28 AM CST
Alex Jones, Infowars Hit for $100K Over Sandy Hook
Judge orders conspiracy theorist to pay court costs, legal fees to family of slain Newtown boy Jesse Lewis
- Alex Jones and his Infowars website haven't even gone to trial yet regarding a lawsuit brought against him by a Sandy Hook family, but the case has already put him nearly $130,000 in the hole, not counting his own expenses. Per the Daily Beast , in addition to an...
Experts Have Different Take on
Epstein's Broken Neck Bones
Aug 16, 2019 7:33 AM CDT
Experts Have Different Take on Epstein's Broken Neck Bones
'Actually suggests much more strongly that it was hanging'
- Jeffrey Epstein's autopsy appears to have created more questions than answers , but one reporter says the conspiracy theories may be unnecessary. Writing for CNN Business , Oliver Darcy notes the
story that set the internet abuzz reported on Epstein's post-mortem, which found "multiple breaks in his...
Lawyers Say Alex Jones
Sent Them Child Porn
Jun 18, 2019 1:27 AM CDT
Lawyers Say Alex Jones Sent Them Child Porn
Conspiracy theorist says he's being framed
- A bizarre twist in the Sandy Hook lawsuit against Alex Jones: Lawyers for the families of school massacre victims say the Infowars host sent them child pornography in email files turned over as part of the defamation lawsuit, reports the
The lawyers say they reported the images to...
He Thought Aliens
Were Invading Humans,
According to His Killer
Jun 11, 2019 11:42 AM CDT
He Thought Aliens Were Invading Humans, According to His Killer
Barbara Rogers gets 15 to 40 years for third-degree murder
- "To me, it's amazing that somebody could put a gun to somebody's head, blow their brains out essentially, and a jury finds them guilty of third-degree murder and not first." With that, Jackie Mineo sums up the outrage over her nephew's 2017 murder and 44-year-old...
Feb 6, 2019 9:10 AM CST
Cubs Owner Blasted for Controversial Emails on Obama, Islam
Among others sent by Joe Ricketts
- Splinter's "Billionaire's Inbox" offers a look at how "the other half" lives, and its most recent dive is quite the eye-opener. The news outlet got its hands on what the
New York Times
calls "a cache of racist emails" both sent and received by Joe...
Alex Jones Called
for 'Battle Rifles.'
Twitter Called for
Aug 15, 2018 9:15 AM CDT
Alex Jones Called for 'Battle Rifles.' Twitter Called for a Suspension
For 7 days, Alex can't tweet, retweet, or like other posts on Twitter—a 'mild sanctioning' to some
- The Twitter-Alex Jones saga continues. "We'll enforce [our rules]" if Jones breaks them, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey promised last week amid backlash on why the conspiracy theorist accused of hate speech is still afforded a platform on Dorsey's site, and it appears Twitter has followed through. The...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Detroit Radio Anchor Killed, His Family Injured, in Attack
Amended Autopsy Report: McClain Died Due to Ketamine
Elton John's WH Concert Ends With a Big Surprise
He Wanted to Be Taller. Agony, $75K Got Him There
Earth Isn't Ready for What We've Collected on Mars
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.