Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 1,831,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
Stories 1 - 20 |
Lindsey Graham Wants to Subpoena Russia Probe Officials
Senator schedules vote that would allow him to subpoena more than 50 officials
- Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham is scheduling a vote that would allow him to subpoena more than 50 current and former officials who were involved in the Justice Department’s investigation of Russian involvement in the 2016 US presidential campaign, as President Trump and his allies have launched a...
Here's the Real Face Behind Trump's Victory
Brad Parscale's brash digital-media campaign helped Trump win in 2016
- Know Brad Parscale? He's six-foot-eight with a big beard and a bigger reputation—as the digital-media guru who somehow made Donald Trump president. "I understood early that Facebook was how Donald Trump was going to win," he said a few years ago. "Facebook was the method—...
Hillary Has More to Say About Bernie
Clinton says Sanders didn't unify the Democratic party after 2016 primary
- Hillary Clinton is not done talking about Bernie Sanders. The 2016 Democratic presidential nominee said in a podcast interview that aired Friday that Sanders didn't try to unify the party after losing the primary to her four years ago and that he and his supporters contributed to her loss...
Trump's Midwest Support Hasn't Fallen 'One Inch': Moore
If today were Election Day, foe says, president would win again
- Michael Moore isn't happy about it, but he says that if the presidential election were held now, Donald Trump would win again—the same way. The Michigan filmmaker said Trump would lose the popular vote but win the Electoral College, as he did in 2016, Fox News reports. The...
Taylor Swift's Political 'Awakening' Reaches a New Level
The singer/songwriter sits down with the 'Guardian'
- When it comes to politics, Taylor Swift isn't in the best of moods. The 29-year-old singer/songwriter tells the
about her latest thoughts on President Trump, abortion, and her own mental health—all of which have rung alarm bells for her. She describes the US political climate as "...
Clinton Fires Back After Trump Shares 2016 Election Theory
He blames Google for 2016 popular vote loss
- Losing the popular vote in 2016 apparently still stings for President Trump, who repeated a claim Monday that undecided voters ended up choosing Hillary Clinton because of search engine bias. "Wow, Report Just Out! Google manipulated from 2.6 million to 16 million votes for Hillary Clinton in 2016...
Report: Russia Hack Infiltrated Election Systems in Every State
Senate Intelligence Committee report outlines a 'cascading intelligence failure,' per 'NYT'
- On Wednesday, ex-special counsel Robert Mueller testified Russia was gearing up to again meddle in US elections. On Thursday, a bipartisan report released by the Senate Intelligence Committee further details just why Mueller's statement is so concerning. The standout point of the first volume of the panel's findings:...
Fla. Gov: Russians Hacked 2 Counties' Voting Systems
He says the FBI won't let him say which 2
- Florida's governor says Russian hackers breached voter databases in two counties during the 2016 election—but he's not allowed to say which two. At a press conference Tuesday, Gov. Ron DeSantis said FBI and Homeland Security officials asked him to sign a nondisclosure agreement, Politico reports. He said...
Sanders Says God Wanted Trump to Be President
'That's why he's there'
- President Trump is in the White House because that's where God wants him, according to Sarah Sanders. The White House press secretary told the Christian Broadcasting Network in an interview aired Wednesday that she believes the Trump presidency is part of God's plan. "I think God calls...
Seniors Cited for Spread of Fake News on Facebook
Users 65 and older share more fake articles than any other group: study
- The worst spreaders of fake news across Facebook aren't the young'uns you'd expect to be glued to social media. Facebook users older than 65 share the most—almost seven times as many bogus articles as those ages 18 to 29, according to research by NYU and Princeton....
Trump Team Sought Israeli Firm's Help to Defeat 'Bear'
Mueller looks into Rick Gates' outreach to intel company Psy-Group to wage online attacks
- Robert Mueller is looking into the Trump campaign's discussions with an Israeli intelligence firm to go after opponents in the 2016 election campaign, reports the
New York Times
. Specifically, campaign official Rick Gates asked a company called Psy-Group—made up mostly of former Israeli intelligence agents—for proposals on...
Another 'Incendiary' Book on Trump Hits Shelves
This one argues that Russians did indeed turn the election
- Another book on the Trump presidency is coming out, and it won't be received well at the White House. In fact, it "promises to be incendiary," writes Jane Mayer at the
. The title should explain why:
Cyberwar: How Russian Hackers and Trolls Helped Elect a
Hillary Clinton: 'Our Democracy Is in Crisis'
She says Trump is as bad as she feared
- After President Trump's election victory in 2016, "I hoped that my fears for our future were overblown," Hillary Clinton writes in a blistering essay in the
. "They were not." In the essay, Clinton slams the "unspeakable" and "monstrous" actions of Trump's...
Russian Trolls Apparently Whipped Up Frenzy Over Vaccines
Kremlin-linked accounts argued both sides to sow discord: study
- You might think twice about heading to Twitter or Facebook to read about vaccinations. "A significant portion of the online discourse about vaccines may be generated by malicious actors with a range of hidden agendas," says George Washington University's David Broniatowski, author of a new study calling...
What Trump's Voter-Fraud Commission Found
Not much, according to Maine Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap
- The now-disbanded voting integrity commission launched by the Trump administration to investigate the 2016 presidential election uncovered no evidence to support the president's claims of widespread voter fraud, according to an analysis of administration documents released, the AP reports. In a letter to Vice President Mike Pence and Kansas...
Trump Now Holds Putin 'Responsible'
Trump continues to turn 'would' into 'wouldn't'
- Head on a swivel, people: President Trump now says he would hold Vladimir Putin personally responsible for Russian meddling in the 2016 election, CNN reports. Trump—who said two days ago that "I don't see any reason why it would be Russia" and then added a key contraction...
Investors Worry About Scale of Twitter Purges
58M accounts were suspended in 3 months
- Twitter suspended at least 58 million user accounts in the final three months of 2017, according to data obtained by the AP . The figure highlights the company's newly aggressive stance against malicious or suspicious accounts in the wake of Russian disinformation efforts during the 2016 US presidential campaign. Last...
Trump Slammed as 'Treasonous,' 'Disgraceful'
Even allies dismayed by Putin remarks
- President Trump is getting what could be the worst press of his presidency after a press conference with Vladimir Putin that is widely being described as disgraceful. Trump, standing alongside the Russian leader after their summit in Helsinki, rejected the finding of American intelligence agencies that Russia interfered in the...
Russian Bots Poised to Target US Midterm Elections
A site linked to the 2016 meddling claims to provide 'objective and independent" information'
- An array of Russia-linked bots, trolls, and sites like one called USAReally appear to be testing the waters for pulling off meddling similar to that seen in the 2016 presidential election in the upcoming midterms, reports the AP . USAReally was launched in May by the Federal News Agency, part of...
Roger Stone: Russian Wanted $2M for Dirt on Hillary
Trump confidant now recalls meeting with mysterious Russian
- Two associates of President Trump claim the whole thing was an FBI setup. Longtime Trump confidant Roger Stone admits he met a man with a thick Russian accent in Florida in 2016, and the man—who went by the name Henry Greenberg—wanted $2 million for political dirt on Hillary...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Trudeau Pauses for 21 Seconds When Asked About US
Ominous Tweet Tied to White Nationalists, Not Antifa
1807 Law Is at Center of Trump's Newest Move
Trump's Walk to Church Is a Polarizing Moment
Today Could Be the Day for Joe Biden
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.