Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
A 'Disfigured' Evangelista
Is Back on Cover of
Aug 19, 2022 8:15 AM CDT
A 'Disfigured' Evangelista Is Back on Cover of
'I got to do what I love to do,' Linda Evangelista says
- "My big dream was to be on a
cover and it's happening again," says Linda Evangelista, who is on the cover of the September edition of British
. The Canadian supermodel has appeared on the magazine's cover more than 80 times—but a lot changed...
Pub to Change Its Name
in case you missed it
May 15, 2022 1:00 PM CDT
Asks 200-Year-Old Pub to Change Its Name
Response from pub in tiny village of Vogue was a hard no
- A pub in the tiny village of Vogue in Cornwall, England, has told the publishers of
magazine that its response to a request to change its name is a "categorical NO." The long-established Star Inn at Vogue—known to locals as "the Vogue"—received a...
Andre Leon Talley
Is Dead at 73
Jan 19, 2022 7:19 AM CST
Fashion Legend Andre Leon Talley Is Dead at 73
He was the former creative director and editor-at-large of 'Vogue' magazine
- André Leon Talley, the towering former creative director and editor-at-large of
magazine, has died. He was 73, reports the AP . Talley’s literary agent David Vigliano confirmed Talley’s death to
late Tuesday, but no additional details were immediately available. Talley was an influential fashion journalist who...
Editor Speaks Out
on Harris Cover Controversy
Jan 12, 2021 3:29 PM CST
Editor Speaks Out on Harris Cover Controversy
They wanted to portray VP-elect as 'accessible and approachable,' Wintour says
editor Anna Wintour says the magazine had no intention of disrespecting Vice president-elect Kamala Harris with a cover that turned out to be highly controversial . Critics said the photo, in which Harris, wearing sneakers, stands in front of green and pink drapes, was too informal and "familiar,"...
Jan 11, 2021 3:03 AM CST
Cover Isn't Going Over Well
VP-elect covers the magazine for the first time
- Kamala Harris will cover
for the first time in February, but the cover image chosen for the issue isn't going over well. As CBS News reports, the magazine revealed two images, and sources are saying the photo featured on the cover is not the one Harris' team agreed...
Their Wedding Was Featured in
. Then, a COVID Cluster
Nov 20, 2020 12:25 PM CST
Their Wedding Was Featured in
. Then, a COVID Cluster
Article quietly taken down from magazine's site after coronavirus outbreak on Martha's Vineyard
- Click on the link for a recent
spread featuring photos of a swank Martha's Vineyard wedding and you'll see nothing but a big "Oops. The page you're looking for cannot be found." That's because the magazine took down the piece almost as quickly...
Cover Makes History
Nov 14, 2020 11:00 AM CST
Cover Makes History
Harry Styles is the first solo male to make American Vogue's cover
- Harry Styles, in a Gucci ballgown?
has it, on the cover no less—the first time a man has graced the 127-year-old magazine's cover all by himself,
reports. "Clothes are there to have fun with and experiment with and play with. What's really...
Former Right-Hand Man:
Wintour Gave Me 'Scars'
Apr 24, 2020 8:25 AM CDT
Former Right-Hand Man: Wintour Gave Me 'Scars'
Andre Leon Talley tells of 'huge emotional and psychological scars' in new book
- It was the 2003 novel
The Devil Wears Prada
, written by a former assistant of Anna Wintour, that cast the
editor-in-chief as a nightmare. Almost two decades later, a new book from her former right-hand man reportedly confirms some of the narrative. In a memoir that will be out...
the Thing She
'Couldn't Dare Do'
Oct 10, 2019 6:33 AM CDT
Rihanna Explains the Thing She 'Couldn't Dare Do'
It relates to the Super Bowl
- Maroon 5 rocked the stage at Super Bowl LIII, but only after other performers refused the gig with Colin Kaepernick in mind. Rihanna was one of them and, months later, she has no regrets. "I couldn’t dare do that. For what? Who gains from that? Not my people,...
He Won't Have
More Than 2 Kids
Jul 30, 2019 4:08 PM CDT
Prince Harry Explains Why He Won't Have More Than 2 Kids
He's concerned about the planet's resources
- If Prince Harry has another baby, it will be his last, he reveals in a new interview with environmental activist Jane Goodall. In discussing their concerns about the planet and its diminishing resources, Harry told Goodall he's become even more concerned about Earth's future since having his first...
Guest Edits Major
Jul 29, 2019 12:34 AM CDT
Meghan Markle Guest Edits Major Magazine Issue
She selects female trailblazers for September issue of British 'Vogue'
- The September Issue of British
will be guest-edited by the woman editor-in-chief Edward Enninful calls "the country's most influential beacon of change": the Duchess of Sussex, formerly known as Meghan Markle. Enninful says Meghan will be the first person to guest edit the September issue, which is...
Madonna: My Daughter
Doesn't Have My Drive
May 6, 2019 10:40 AM CDT
Madonna: My Daughter Doesn't Have My Drive
The Material Girl talks kids, career in 'Vogue'
- Madonna spoke candidly about her kids during a recent interview with
, saying that she gave her older kids phones at 13—and that was "a mistake" she's not planning to make with her younger kids, including now-13-year-old David, who doesn't yet have a phone. Giving her...
Beyonce: What I Did to My
Body After Blue Was 'Crazy'
Aug 6, 2018 2:44 PM CDT
Beyonce: What I Did to My Body After Blue Was 'Crazy'
She opens up in September issue of 'Vogue'
- There's been plenty of buzz about who shot Vogue's September cover—23-year-old Tyler Mitchell, a black photographer who Beyonce advocated for—but it's the story within the issue that's now attracting attention. In it, Beyonce reveals that she gave birth to twins Rumi and Sir via...
I'm Not a Victim
May 10, 2018 9:15 AM CDT
Weinstein's Wife Speaks: I'm Not a Victim
Georgina Chapman gets personal with 'Vogue' about life after scandal on her husband broke
- One woman in the Harvey Weinstein orbit we hadn't heard from yet is finally opening up. Wife Georgina Chapman, who has hunkered down in private since revelations about her husband's sexual misconduct came to light, speaks to Jonathan Van Meter for
He writes that the night before...
Model on the Defense After
May 4, 2018 7:59 AM CDT
Model on the Defense After 'Unrecognizable'
Gigi Hadid says photo shoot 'was not executed correctly' after she's accused of donning 'blackface'
- It's expected models will adopt varying looks during different photo shoots, but Gigi Hadid's cover for the May issue of
is raising more eyebrows than champagne glasses. Per the BBC , the 23-year-old was photographed by Steven Klein. She's shown on the cover (see it here...
Paris Rebirth of Voguing
Takes on Political Tinge
Mar 25, 2018 3:15 PM CDT
Paris Rebirth of Voguing Takes on Political Tinge
Voguing has taken on new meaning for some French youths
- Vogue, the '80s dance movement Madonna popularized in her hit 1990 song of the same name, is experiencing a revival in France. It's not just a flamboyant pastime, per the AP . For many minority French communities who feel alienated over tensions arising from divisive anti-gay marriage protests and...
Male Models Accuse
Photographers of Sexual Abuse
Jan 14, 2018 11:10 AM CST
Male Models Accuse Photographers of Sexual Abuse
Bruce Weber and Mario Testino have already been suspended from Condé Nast
- Two of the biggest names in fashion photography have been accused of sexual harassment and exploitation by the models they worked with, and it's already starting to cost them work. The
New York Times
reports that 15 former and current male models accuse Bruce Weber of engaging in inappropriate...
Philip Seymour Hoffman's Fate
Was Sealed With One Question
Dec 14, 2017 11:17 AM CST
Philip Seymour Hoffman's Fate Was Sealed With One Question
'I've been thinking I want to try to have a drink again. What do you think?'
- It's been nearly four years since Philip Seymour Hoffman's stunning fatal overdose , and longtime partner Mimi O'Donnell reflects on the loss in a poignant essay at
. O'Donnell writes movingly of their friendship-turned-courtship and how Hoffman spoke openly of his struggles with drugs and alcohol back...
Internet Reacts to
Aug 11, 2017 6:50 AM CDT
Internet Reacts to Chelsea Manning's
Annie Leibovitz photographed Manning for the September issue
- If you've ever wanted to know the effect that liberation has on a person, Chelsea Manning is glad to show you. ABC News reports that the transgender soldier released from prison earlier this year posted a photo Thursday to her social media accounts that shows her smiling at the...
Jul 5, 2017 4:32 PM CDT
Celine Dion Bares All for
Singer gets naked for Instagram photo series
- Celine Dion is 49 and, in case you were wondering, she's still got it. The singer posed nude for
for a series the magazine is doing on her during Paris Couture Week,
reports. "Here's a little naked fact to ponder while Celine Dion changes looks...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Former WWE Star Sentenced to 17 Years After Fatal DUI Crash
Pence: Errant Comma in Book Affects Meaning of Trump Line
Dolly Parton's Sister Has a NSFW Message for Critics
Google Maps: We're Going to Scrap That Desert Detour
Sandy Hook Families Give Alex Jones Options for Paying
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.