Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Man Bursts Into Flames
After Cop Tases Him
Oct 27, 2022 11:51 AM CDT
Man Bursts Into Flames After Cop Tases Him
Christopher Gaylor, who Arkansas cops say was carrying gasoline in backpack, will be OK
- An Arkansas biker is expected to survive after he was tased earlier this month by police and burst into flames. Citing a release from Arkansas State Police, CNN reports that the incident took place in the early morning hours of Oct. 13 in Little Rock, when a cop tried to...
Apple: Don't Attach iPhones
to High-Power Motorcycles
Sep 13, 2021 6:45 PM CDT
Apple: Don't Attach iPhones to High-Power Motorcycles
Company says it can permanently damage camera
- The iPhone apparently was not born to be wild. Apple warned users last week that attaching iPhones to powerful motorcycles exposes the devices to " intense high-amplitude vibrations" that could damage camera systems, the BBC reports. A support document released Friday states that vibrations "transmitted through the chassis and...
19, Dies in Accident
May 31, 2021 1:17 AM CDT
Swiss Motorcyclist Jason Dupasquier, 19, Dies in Accident
Moto3 rider was racing in a qualifying session at the Italian Grand Prix
- A 19-year-old Swiss motorcycle rider died Sunday after a horrific crash Saturday at a qualifying session for the Italian Grand Prix at the Mugello Circuit. Jason Dupasquier, a Moto3 rider, was in his second season with the Moto3 World Championship's lightweight class and was ranked 12th in the standings,...
COVID-19 Cases Emerge
From Big Motorbike Rally
Aug 23, 2020 4:30 PM CDT
COVID-19 Cases Emerge From Big Motorbike Rally
But the real numbers may be underreported, expert says
- Confirmed COVID-19 cases are slowly emerging from a massive motorbike rally in South Dakota, CNN reports. Nebraska has tied seven cases to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, while Minnesota has 15, including one hospitalization. And the
reports that South Dakota health officials—who have traced a case to a...
COVID-19 Case Traced
Back to Huge Biker Rally
Aug 19, 2020 6:10 PM CDT
COVID-19 Case Traced Back to Huge Biker Rally
Experts feared it could become a 'super-spreader' event
- Health officials are ringing alarm bells after a COVID-19 case was traced back to South Dakota's huge biker rally, CNN reports. The South Dakota Department of Health said Tuesday that someone who went to One-Eyed Jack's Saloon in Sturgis on Aug. 11 has tested positive, so anyone else...
Woman's Pants Off.
That Likely Saved Her
Aug 14, 2020 12:21 AM CDT
Bison Ripped Woman's Pants Off. That Likely Saved Her
Biker attacked in South Dakota after approaching calf
- A female motorcyclist was attacked by a bison Wednesday night in South Dakota's Custer State Park—and was likely saved because the animal ripped off her pants. Witnesses say the 54-year-old Iowa woman got off her bike and started approaching a bison calf when the adult bison charged her....
3 Bikers Wounded
in Freeway Shooting
Nov 4, 2019 8:33 AM CST
3 Bikers Wounded in Freeway Shooting
Police aren't sure if attack in Southern California was random or targeted
- A group of motorcyclists cruising a California freeway early Sunday ran into gunfire, which injured three of them, two critically. KABC and CBS Los Angeles report that five bikers were making their way south down the 110 Freeway, on the border of Gardena and Carson, just before 2am when someone...
After Loud Sound, a
'Sea of People Running' in NYC
Aug 7, 2019 9:25 AM CDT
After Loud Sound, a 'Sea of People Running' in NYC
People started screaming, thinking it was another shooting
- The mass shootings over the weekend in El Paso and Dayton have everyone on edge, and that anxiety played out Tuesday night in New York City after a loud sound sent people running. ABC News reports that thousands of locals and tourists in Times Square started screaming and fleeing in...
He Was Trying
for His 5th Race
Win. Then, a
Jul 1, 2019 10:50 AM CDT
He Was Trying for His 5th Race Win. Then, a Fatal Hump
Carlin Dunne died Sunday 20 yards from the finish of the Pikes Peak Hill Climb
- Carlin Dunne had won the Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb in Colorado four times, and in the words of the
Colorado Springs Gazette
, he was "only a few yards from likely wrapping up his fifth victory" at the historic race when tragedy struck. He was on the course'...
NH Bikers Were on Their Way
to an American Legion Event
Jun 24, 2019 5:33 AM CDT
NH Bikers Were on Their Way to an American Legion Event
NH flags are half-staff for crash victims
- New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu has ordered flags on public buildings in the state to be flown at half-staff from sunrise to sunset Monday to honor victims of Friday's horrific truck-motorcycle crash . The seven motorcycle riders and passengers killed in the crash—five men and two women—were all...
Automotive Writer Was Almost
Done With Test-Drive, Vanished
in case you missed it
Jun 15, 2019 7:30 AM CDT
Automotive Writer Was Almost Done With Test-Drive, Vanished
David Gordon Johnson was last heard from Wednesday morning
- A freelance automotive writer who set off on a lengthy test drive of a motorcycle in California has gone missing south of Sacramento, though the bike has been recovered. CNN reports David Gordon Johnson texted his fiancee at 2am Wednesday, June 5, to explain why he hadn't been in...
Trump Praises Plan to
Aug 13, 2018 6:53 AM CDT
Trump Praises Plan to Boycott Harley-Davidson
He continues feud after 'Bikers for Trump' event
- Plans for a boycott of Harley-Davidson are "great," President Trump said Sunday, the day after he met with 180 bikers at a "Bikers for Trump" event. Many Harley owners "plan to boycott the company if manufacturing moves overseas," Trump tweeted . "Great! Most other companies...
Dangerous Motorcycle Race
Claims Another Life
Jun 2, 2018 6:00 AM CDT
Dangerous Motorcycle Race Claims Another Life
Dan Kneen lost control of his bike in practice lap for Isle of Man Tourist Trophy
- One of the most difficult high-speed motorcycle races on earth—and one of the most deadly—is underway and has already claimed one life, reports the
. Each spring, the Isle of Man Tourist Trophy draws about 40,000 spectators to a tiny island perched between Ireland and Great...
Aug 15, 2017 8:44 AM CDT
'Split Second': Stuntwoman Killed on
Joi 'SJ' Harris died in a crash during filming in Vancouver
- The motorcycle stuntwoman who was killed on the
set has been identified as Joi "SJ" Harris, who was working on her first film, reports Deadline Hollywood . Harris lost control of her motorcycle while filming a scene in Vancouver and crashed through a plate-glass window. She wasn't...
Bicycle Accident Kills
Motorcycle Racing Champ
May 22, 2017 3:33 PM CDT
Bicycle Accident Kills Motorcycle Racing Champ
A car struck the "Kentucky Kid" while he was training on a bicycle in Italy
- The motorcycle racing world is mourning the loss of former world champion Nicky Hayden, who died Monday after sustaining severe injuries during a training collision. Hayden, 35, was struck by a vehicle while bicycling along the Rimini coastline in Italy Wednesday, reports the BBC . Over five days, he was treated...
Man Beheaded in Freak
Accident Had Pregnant Wife
Apr 14, 2017 2:30 AM CDT
Man Beheaded in Freak Accident Had Pregnant Wife
Cops say Fabian Zepeda would never have seen wire across road
- The man decapitated in a freak motorcycle accident in San Bernardino, Calif., on Tuesday morning has been identified as Fabian Zepeda, a 27-year-old who'd been married for less than a year and whose wife is four months pregnant. "I am very happy to keep a little blessing from...
Apr 13, 2017 7:14 AM CDT
Young Motorcyclist Decapitated in Freak Accident
Driver of a Ford Taurus lost control, setting the tragedy into motion
- A Ford Taurus crashed in a yard in San Bernardino, Calif., Tuesday morning, and the accident set off a series of events that ended in a freak tragedy. The
reports that after the driver lost control and struck a mailbox, his car didn't stop in that home's...
Apr 19, 2016 8:39 AM CDT
Motorcyclist Killed After Smashing Into Fridge
NJ cops trying to find who abandoned appliance on side of road
- When winter turns to spring in New Jersey, there's always an uptick in the number of motorcycle crashes, with the two main reasons cited by state cops being "unsafe speed" and "driver inattention," NJ.com notes. Further down the list is "road/environmental factor," which...
Real Estate Agent
Ramp on Motorcycle
Apr 16, 2016 12:28 PM CDT
Real Estate Agent Jumps Freeway Ramp on Motorcycle
And now the police are investigating
- A Los Angeles-area real estate agent could be in hot water with police after he released a promotional video showing himself jumping over the onramp of a major freeway on a motorcycle. The
Los Angeles Times
reports Topher Ingalls, a former professional motocross rider, created the video to advertise his...
NFL Player Dies
Mar 18, 2016 5:48 PM CDT
NFL Player Dies Following Dirt Bike Accident
The Ravens' Tray Walker suffered serious head injuries Thursday night
- Tray Walker, the Baltimore Ravens cornerback who was injured in a motorcycle accident Thursday night in Miami, died from his injuries Friday—less than 24 hours after the accident, Yahoo! Sports reports. According to the
, the 23-year-old suffered multiple serious head injuries when the dirt bike he was...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cops: 'Catfishing' Leads to Triple Homicide
Court Sides With Man Fired for Avoiding Workplace 'Fun'
Wolf Researchers: 'We Just Open-Mouthed Stared at Each Other'
Suit Seeks $5M Damages Over Mac-and-Cheese Prep Time
One of US' Oldest Kidnapping Cases Has a Surprise Ending
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.