Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Trump Aides Struggle
on White Supremacist Dinner
Nov 27, 2022 1:20 PM CST
Trump Aides Struggle on White Supremacist Dinner
Republicans denounce former president's hosting of Nick Fuentes
- Republicans on Sunday joined an expanding list of political leaders and anti-racism organizations that have denounced former President Donald Trump's dinner last week with a white supremacist. Trump hosted Nick Fuentes and rapper Kanye West, who recently lost endorsement contracts over his antisemitic comments, at his home in Florida....
Men Who Hoped
for US Civil War Get
Oct 29, 2021 11:40 AM CDT
Men Who Hoped for US Civil War Get 9-Year Sentences
American Brian Mark Lemley and Canadian Patrik Jordan Mathews are sentenced
: Two military veterans—American Brian Mark Lemley and Canadian Patrik Jordan Mathews—have each been sentenced to nine years in prison on gun charges with a "terrorist enhancement." The men were arrested before a pro-gun rally in Virginia last year, the BBC reports. Both are members of...
Oct 1, 2021 3:31 PM CDT
Calif. Synagogue Gunman Hears His Fate
John T. Earnest gets life without parole for killing one person, injuring 3 in 2019 Poway shooting
- Before John T. Earnest was sentenced Thursday for fatally gunning down one person and injuring three others, including a young girl, in a 2019 shooting at a Southern California synagogue, his lawyer asked if he could make a statement. The response of San Diego Superior Court Judge Peter Deddeh in...
Man With Swastika on Truck,
Bayonet Arrested Near DNC
Sep 13, 2021 3:31 PM CDT
Man With Swastika on Truck, Bayonet Arrested Near DNC
California man's father: 'He's not well'
- Less than a week before a right-wing rally is scheduled to take place near the Capitol in Washington, DC, a man with a bayonet and machete was arrested near the Democratic National Committee headquarters. Capitol Police spotted a gray Dodge Dakota with swastika on a side mirror and an American...
Feds: Supremacist Group
Required Violence to Join
Jul 16, 2021 1:15 PM CDT
Feds: Supremacist Group Required Violence to Join
16 members of 'Unforgiven' in Florida swept up in racketeering indictment
- A white supremacist group rewarded members with tattoo "patches" for committing acts of violence, including assaulting peaceful demonstrators at a racial justice protest last summer, according to a federal racketeering indictment of 16 members in Florida. Members of the group, Unforgiven, also attempted to use corrupt law-enforcement officers and...
Mass. Shooting Suspect
Identified as White Supremacist
Jun 29, 2021 8:25 AM CDT
Mass. Shooting Suspect Identified as White Supremacist
Nathan Allen, 28, described white people as 'apex predators,' says DA
- "There was hate in this man's heart." That's what Suffolk District Attorney Rachael Rollins said Monday of the man who shot and killed two Black people in Winthrop, Mass., on Saturday, identified as 28-year-old Nathan Allen. "Whether that was the only reason he did what...
He Crashed Into Home,
Started Shooting. Now,
a Hate Crime Probe
Jun 28, 2021 10:04 AM CDT
He Crashed Into Home, Started Shooting. Now, a Hate Crime Probe
Mass. authorities investigating incident that left 2 Black bystanders dead in Winthrop
- A shooting over the weekend near Boston that left a retired Massachusetts State Police officer and an Air Force veteran dead is now being investigated as a hate crime, as the two Black victims were gunned down while other bystanders escaped without being targeted. Authorities say 28-year-old Nathan Allen stole...
May 25, 2021 9:40 AM CDT
Roof's Lawyers: Defense 'Breakdown' Merits Death Sentence Nix
Arguments begun Tuesday to overturn SC killer's conviction
- Before white supremacist Dylann Roof was sentenced to death for killing nine Black parishioners at a church in Charleston, SC, he told jurors to "forget" what his lawyers had said about him being mentally ill. Now, the first person sentenced to death for a federal hate crime is asking...
Candidate Flew Across
US to Abduct Child
Dec 21, 2020 6:30 AM CST
Cops: Ex-Congressional Candidate Flew Across US to Abduct Child
Nathan Larson, who served time for threatening a president, runs site glorifying child rape: authorities
- In an "extremely disturbing" story out of Colorado, a man authorities say is a white supremacist and pedophile was arrested in Denver last week for allegedly abducting a 12-year-old California girl he'd met on social media. ABC News reports that Nathan Daniel Larson, 40, was detained at Denver...
After Seeing Photo
Dec 14, 2020 7:20 PM CST
Campaign Condemns White Supremacist After Seeing Photo
Loeffler's aide says she didn't know who Chester Doles is, though it's happened before
- The campaigns of the Georgia Senate candidates in both parties have agreed that a photo should not have been taken last week. The photo shows a smiling Sen. Kelly Loeffler posing with Chester Doles, who has a long record of white supremacism and racial hatred. "Kelly had no idea...
Loses It in Restaurant
Aug 2, 2020 2:10 PM CDT
'Call Trump': White Supremacist Loses It in Restaurant
Nicholas Arnold Schock assaults woman in Florida
- Nothing like a little fine dining—especially when a self-proclaimed white supremacist explodes in a rage and hits a female staffer in the face. That's what happened at a restaurant in Nokomis, Florida, where a man identified as Nicholas Arnold Schock was caught on video going berserk, TMZ reports....
Off for Good
Jul 31, 2020 2:10 PM CDT
Twitter Kicks David Duke Off for Good
Ex-KKK leader kicked off social media platform for violating rules on 'hateful conduct'
- David Duke has lost one of his big communications platforms: The 70-year-old white supremacist and ex-Ku Klux Klan leader has been banned from Twitter for good, the AP reports. Duke was "permanently suspended for repeated violations of the Twitter rules on hateful conduct," the social media platform said...
Police Say 'Umbrella Man' Is
Actually a White Supremacist
Jul 29, 2020 2:23 AM CDT
Police Say 'Umbrella Man' Is Actually a White Supremacist
Who was trying to incite a riot, they say
- Police say that "Umbrella Man," the apparent protester caught on a viral video smashing the windows of a Minneapolis auto parts store with a sledgehammer while carrying an umbrella, was actually a white supremacist trying to incite rioting over the death of George Floyd, which had taken place...
Wanted to Attack
Apr 11, 2020 9:00 AM CDT
Cops: 13-Year-Old Wanted to Attack Vegas Synagogue, News Network
Estonian boy was allegedly 'Commander' of international neo-Nazi group Feuerkrieg Division
- He called himself "Commander” online. He was said to be the leader of an international neo-Nazi group linked to plots to attack a Las Vegas synagogue and detonate a car bomb at a major US news network. He was also just 13 years old. The boy who led Feuerkrieg...
Dylann Roof Gripes on 'Harsh'
Treatment, Does This to Protest
Feb 26, 2020 9:50 AM CST
Dylann Roof Gripes on 'Harsh' Treatment, Does This to Protest
Mass murderer went on hunger strike after he says he was 'targeted by staff' in Indiana federal prison
- In a Feb. 13 letter, mass murderer Dylann Roof told the AP he was "several days" into a hunger strike in protest of "harsh" treatment inside a federal prison in Indiana. The 25-year-old white supremacist said he'd been "targeted by staff," "verbally harassed and...
2 Died After
Trying to Stop
Now, a Verdict
Feb 22, 2020 5:30 AM CST
2 Died After Trying to Stop His Slurs. Now, a Verdict
Jeremy Christian convicted of murdering 2 men who tried to stop his 2017 tirade on an Ore. train
- A man accused of fatally stabbing two people who prosecutors say tried to stop his racist tirade against two young black women on a Portland, Ore., commuter train was convicted of murder Friday after an emotional trial that featured testimony from both women and the sole survivor of the attack...
'Crying Nazi' Accused of
Sending Threatening Text
Jan 24, 2020 11:33 AM CST
'Crying Nazi' Accused of Sending Threatening Text
White nationalist Christopher Cantwell is being held without bond in New Hampshire
- Christopher Cantwell made a name for himself by popping up in a Vice documentary shot at Charlottesville's violent 2017 Unite the Right rally, followed by getting blocked on Facebook, Instagram, and PayPal. Then things got worse for the white nationalist when he posted a tearful YouTube video in which...
Tenn. University Finds
'It's OK to Be White' Signs
Nov 6, 2019 4:33 AM CST
Tenn. University Finds 'It's OK to Be White' Signs
Signs cover memorial for first African-American students at East Tennessee State University
- East Tennessee State University is the latest college campus hit by a white supremacist campaign started by an internet group. "I am disgusted by this act," Brian Noland, university president, says in a statement cited by NBC News . That act: signs proclaiming "It's OK to be...
He Unnerved a
2016. Now, an
Aug 10, 2019 6:00 AM CDT
He Unnerved a Neighborhood in 2016. Now, an Unnerving Arrest
Feds say Conor Climo plotted to attack Jews, LGBT bar patrons in Las Vegas
- Jews in synagogues and LGBT bar patrons were allegedly a Las Vegas man's targets—and he was working up a plan to attack them, the FBI says. NBC News reports 23-year-old Conor Climo was arrested Thursday and charged with possession of an unregistered firearm, which a Justice Department release...
After Prison Break
Aug 2, 2019 12:15 AM CDT
White Supremacist Leader Captured After Prison Break
Gang leader, 2nd inmate escaped Ark. facility
- Authorities on Thursday captured two fugitives, including a white supremacist gang leader, who escaped from an Arkansas jail and whose disappearance may have gone unnoticed for more than a day. Wesley Gullett, 30, was captured after he was found walking alone down a highway in Dover, which is about 100...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Musk Is Worried About Himself. So Is His Mom
Teen Admits Horrific Murder of Classmate, 13
This Is 'the Worst Kind of Earthquake'
On Roe v. Wade, Federal Judge Sees a 'Loophole'
Vendor Serves Up Another 'Insensitive' School Lunch
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.