Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Drug-Smuggling Plot Goes
Awry for Flight Attendant
in case you missed it
Dec 31, 2022 4:50 PM CST
Drug-Smuggling Plot Goes Awry for Flight Attendant
Terese White admits taping 3 lbs. to her abdomen, a tiny fraction of total fentanyl seized in US in 2022
- A flight attendant pleaded guilty last week to drug trafficking charges after being busted with 3 pounds of fentanyl taped to her body in San Diego International Airport. Per the
San Diego Union-Tribune ,
Terese L. White, 41, entered her plea in a San Diego federal courtroom. White is from Dallas,...
Cocaine 'Super Cartel'
Is Busted in Europe
Nov 28, 2022 11:35 AM CST
Cocaine 'Super Cartel' Is Busted in Europe
Ring controlled about one-third of the trade on the continent
- Law enforcement authorities in six different countries have joined forces to take down a "super cartel" of drug traffickers who controlled about one third of the cocaine trade in Europe, Europol said on Monday. The European Union crime agency said 49 suspects have been arrested during the investigation, with...
$108M in Meth, Cocaine
Hidden in Vintage Bentley
Aug 26, 2022 2:00 AM CDT
$108M in Meth, Cocaine Hidden in Vintage Bentley
4 people arrested in the case in Australia
- A vintage Bentley luxury sedan shipped from Canada to Australia was carrying more than $108 million in illegal drugs, authorities say. Officers found 161 kilograms of methamphetamine and 30 kilos of cocaine in tightly wrapped bricks hidden in the car, including behind the headlights, the
reports. The 1960...
Thailand: We Busted
$1B in Ketamine...
Oh, Wait a Second...
Nov 25, 2020 7:27 AM CST
Thailand: We Busted $1B in Ketamine... Oh, Wait a Second...
Turns out the cops busted a lot of trisodium phosphate
- Thailand's justice minister is walking back claims of the country's largest ever ketamine bust as it turns out the substance seized was actually an everyday product, appropriately labeled. About 475 bags of a white, granular substance were seized from a warehouse in Bang Pakong district, Chachoengsao province, on...
Why You Don't Hide Drugs in
Bag Labeled 'Bag Full of Drugs'
Feb 5, 2020 1:42 AM CST
Why You Don't Hide Drugs in Bag Labeled 'Bag Full of Drugs'
'Our K-9’s can read,' Florida cops chortle
- Two men charged with drug trafficking could have done a better job hiding their wares than using a package labeled "Bag Full of Drugs," Florida authorities say. Ian Simmons and Joshua Reinhardt, both 34, were pulled over in Santa Rosa County on Saturday after a trooper clocked them...
Traffic Stop Uncovered
$3.7M in Drugs, Police Say
Jan 23, 2020 7:00 PM CST
Traffic Stop Uncovered $3.7M in Drugs, Police Say
Officers searched car after the driver avoided eye contact
- Officers making a traffic stop on Interstate 15 in Arizona noticed the driver "would not make eye contact with deputies and appeared extremely nervous," ABC reports. So they called for a drug-sniffing dog that, the Mohave County Sheriff's Department report said, sniffed drugs—almost $3.7 million...
Big Vaping Bust May Explain
Why People Are Getting Sick
Sep 16, 2019 1:33 AM CDT
Big Vaping Bust May Explain Why People Are Getting Sick
Wisconsin police arrest Tyler Huffhines and Jacob Huffhines for alleged vaping operation
- A stunning Wisconsin drug bust may help explain why vapers have been getting sick and dying , the
New York Times
reports. Police recently burst into a condo in a quiet subdivision and found an operation for filling vaping cartridges with THC-laced liquid. The raid netted 31,200 filled cartridges, 98,...
Airport Police Concede
'Huge' Drug Find Was a Bust
Aug 30, 2019 3:27 PM CDT
Airport Police Concede 'Huge' Drug Find Was a Bust
White powder was for vegan cakes
- A suitcase containing 25 bags of white powder understandably caught the attention of police at London's Gatwick Airport. Tests on the powder and questioning began, the
reports. In the end, police said, "It was determined these bags of powder were cake ingredients for a vegan bakery."...
Cops: Guy Busted
With $140M in
Meth Had a 'Very,
Very Bad Day'
Jul 23, 2019 8:16 AM CDT
Cops: Guy Busted With $140M in Meth Had a 'Very, Very Bad Day'
Van said to have crashed into parked police cars was carrying a lot of meth
- If you're going to be driving around with $140 million worth of meth, what definitely falls under the "you had one job" category is to avoid getting pulled over by the cops—or crashing into a couple of cop cars. This week, one man in Sydney, Australia, allegedly...
Ship's Cargo Was $1B
in Cocaine, Feds Say
Jun 19, 2019 1:03 AM CDT
Ship's Cargo Was $1B in Cocaine, Feds Say
Officials call it one of the biggest busts in US history
- Federal authorities have made what they called one of the largest cocaine busts in US history: 16 tons of the drug, worth more than $1 billion. The haul was seized Tuesday from a cargo ship, the MSC Gayane, at the Port of Philadelphia, the
reported. "This amount of...
Jun 18, 2019 5:17 PM CDT
'Attack Squirrel' Awaited Deputies
Suspect reportedly fed the animal meth
- Sheriff's deputies say they rescued an "attack squirrel" during a raid Monday in Alabama. Investigators said they were told before the raid that the man they were looking for kept a squirrel in his apartment and fed it meth "to keep it aggressive." A squirrel was...
A Tip About Huge
Led to the Dark Web
Apr 17, 2019 9:13 AM CDT
A Tip About Huge ATM Withdrawals Led to the Dark Web
At least 420K counterfeit Xanax tablets were seized
- Their "storefront" operated on the dark web, but their undoing was a bunch of New York City ATMs, say prosecutors. Three New Jersey men have been charged in what prosecutors describe as a $2.3 million pill operation that sold counterfeit Xanax and other drugs to customers in 43...
DEA Busts a Staggering
Amount of Fentanyl
Mar 3, 2019 10:34 AM CST
DEA Busts a Staggering Amount of Fentanyl
Enough to kill 2M people found in house in Westchester, NY
- "The fentanyl alone has the potency to kill nearly over 2 million people." This from Ray Donovan, special agent with the New York division of the DEA, about a drug bust on Friday morning in suburban Westchester County that yielded five kilos of fentanyl and six kilos of...
They Looked Like Speakers.
Agents Found So Much More
Feb 9, 2019 5:30 PM CST
They Looked Like Speakers. Agents Found So Much More
Customs and Border Protection stop biggest-ever meth shipment
- What looked like a shipment of speakers leaving for Australia contained so much more—a record-high 1.7 tons of methamphetamine, ABC News reports. Customs and Border Protection also uncovered nearly 60 pounds of cocaine and 11.5 pounds of heroin in the Jan. 11 seizure at Los Angeles/Long Beach...
What Cops Found in
Could've Killed 26M
May 25, 2018 7:43 AM CDT
What Cops Found in Secret Compartment Could've Killed 26M
It was 118 pounds of fentanyl, worth $20M
- Suspicious of a semi-truck driving on the shoulder of I-80, Nebraska State Patrol troopers searched the vehicle and, in so doing, made the largest fentanyl bust in the state's history. In a secret compartment in the truck, stopped near Kearney on April 26, authorities say they found 118 pounds...
Opium Crop to Cops
May 25, 2017 10:31 AM CDT
Man Accidentally Reveals $500M Opium Crop to Cops
- Authorities say they visited a North Carolina home this week after receiving a tip about a crime, but the crime they found wasn't the one resident Cody Xiong allegedly divulged. After a tip came into police last week—possibly related to a cockfighting operation, per the
in $6M Drug Raid
Mar 20, 2017 11:24 AM CDT
Teacher Busted in $6M Drug Raid
Karla Alvarez, 28, arrested after cops raided her house in Georgia
- A middle school teacher who doubles as a soccer coach was nabbed after cops in Georgia raided her home and found $6.2 million in cocaine and heroin, reports Fox 5 . Karla Alvarez, 28, and two others face drug trafficking and gun charges following Thursday’s arrest. Hall County Sheriff’...
'China's Walter White'
Tried to Solve
Dec 7, 2016 12:00 PM CST
'China's Walter White' Tried to Solve Australia's Drug Dearth
$600K-per-month make-and-export business was going well until he got busted
- A 46-year-old chemistry professor identified only as Zhang, but who
notes has been called "China's Walter White" in reference to the lead character of AMC's
was convicted Tuesday of whipping up and selling 32 kilos of drugs—though prosecutors think the amount produced was...
Drug Bust Like 'Something
Out of Science Fiction Movie'
Nov 23, 2016 9:07 AM CST
Drug Bust Like 'Something Out of Science Fiction Movie'
'It would be very safe to say people have died from this operation'
- Officials are calling it the largest seizure of pills and one of the largest drug busts in Utah history. DEA agents raided a home in Cottonwood Heights on Tuesday and found an "absolutely catastrophic" drug operation. In addition to almost $1 million in cash and what DEA Agent Brian...
Cops: Trio Brought $23M
in Cocaine on Cruise
Aug 31, 2016 8:37 AM CDT
Cops: Trio Brought $23M in Cocaine on Cruise
3 Canadians could face life in prison
- Australia has made one of its largest drug busts ever … on a cruise ship. With help from Canadian and US authorities, police searched the Sea Princess after it docked in Sydney on Sunday and uncovered 210 pounds of cocaine, worth about $23 million, in two cabins, reports
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
MSU Head Coach Fired for 'Moral Turpitude'
Winners, Losers From the GOP Debate
Arrest Made in Murder of Young Baltimore Tech CEO
Florida Man Bitten 41 Times by Rabid Otter
Thanks to Taylor Swift, Heinz Selling 'Ketchup and Seemingly Ranch'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.