Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
After $75K in Fines,
Alex Jones Finally
Sits for Deposition
Apr 7, 2022 1:19 AM CDT
After $75K in Fines, Alex Jones Finally Sits for Deposition
He then immediately applied for the money to be returned to him
- Alex Jones was questioned Wednesday by lawyers for families of Sandy Hook victims in Connecticut, where a judge had ordered the Infowars host to face mounting fines until he appeared for a deposition, the AP reports. Relatives of some of the 20 children and six educators killed in the 2012...
to Be Fined
$25K a Day
Until He Is
Mar 31, 2022 1:03 AM CDT
Alex Jones to Be Fined $25K a Day Until He Is Deposed
Right-winger claimed he was sick, but he somehow made it into studio to record his radio show
Alex Jones will be fined $25,000 for each weekday that he fails to appear for a deposition in a lawsuit brought against him by the families of some of the victims of the Sandy Hook elementary school mass shooting. A Connecticut judge found him in contempt of court...
Nix Alex Jones'
Mar 30, 2022 12:01 AM CDT
Sandy Hook Families Quickly Nix Alex Jones' Settlement Offer
Lawyers say Jones is just trying to 'escape a public reckoning'
- Infowars host Alex Jones offered to pay $120,000 per plaintiff to resolve a lawsuit by relatives of Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting victims who said he defamed them by asserting the massacre never happened, according to court filings Tuesday. The offer was quickly rejected by the families, the AP...
In a First, Gun Maker Is
Held Liable for Mass Shooting
Feb 15, 2022 12:36 PM CST
In a First, Gun Maker Is Held Liable for Mass Shooting
Sandy Hook relatives and a survivor reach $73M settlement with Remington
(This summary has been updated throughout with new details.)
The families of nine victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting have agreed to a $73 million settlement of a lawsuit against the maker of the rifle used to kill 20 first graders and six educators in 2012, per...
Gunmaker Goes After Sandy
Hook Kids' School Records
Sep 4, 2021 9:15 AM CDT
Gunmaker Goes After Sandy Hook Kids' School Records
Parents want them sealed
- The gunmaker being sued by parents of students killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting has subpeonaed the school records of nine slain students and educators, per the CT Post . Per the
, Remington Arms--maker of the firearm used by a 20-year-old gunman to kill 26 at the Newtown,...
Gunmaker Has a Number
for Sandy Hook Families
Jul 29, 2021 8:40 AM CDT
Gunmaker Has a Number for Sandy Hook Families
Gunmaker offers $33M in lawsuit, though it's far less than what families of shooting victims sought
- Remington has made an offer to the nine Sandy Hook families that are suing it. The settlement number the gunmaker has come up with, presented in Tuesday court documents: $33 million, subject to approval by the Alabama judge overseeing its bankruptcy case, per CNN . That means each family would receive...
Sandy Hook Families:
Us 18K Cartoons
Jul 8, 2021 10:50 AM CDT
Sandy Hook Families: Gunmaker Sent Us 18K Cartoons
Motion tied to suit alleges Remington handed over tens of thousands of 'random' files to stall
- A gunmaker sued in 2014 by nine Sandy Hook families has spent seven years pulling together tens of thousands of documents for discovery proceedings, claiming it was using "extensive resources" to do so. Now, in a complaint filed last week in Connecticut Superior Court, lawyers for those families allege...
Supreme Court Rejects
Alex Jones' Request
in Sandy Hook Case
Apr 6, 2021 2:04 AM CDT
Supreme Court Rejects Alex Jones' Request in Sandy Hook Case
High court offered no comment on its decision
- The US Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear an appeal by Infowars host and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, who was fighting a Connecticut court sanction in a defamation lawsuit brought by relatives of some of the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, the AP reports. Jones was...
Sue Alex Jones
Jan 23, 2021 1:45 PM CST
Court: Newtown Parents Can Sue Alex Jones
Defamation cases are pending over Infowars calling mass shooting a hoax
- Alex Jones has lost his attempt to have lawsuits by the parents of children shot to death at Sandy Hook Elementary thrown out. The Texas Supreme Court made no comment in rejecting Jones' argument Friday, the
reports. The parents sued after Jones and his Infowars broadcasts called the...
for $100K Over
Dec 31, 2019 8:28 AM CST
Alex Jones, Infowars Hit for $100K Over Sandy Hook
Judge orders conspiracy theorist to pay court costs, legal fees to family of slain Newtown boy Jesse Lewis
- Alex Jones and his Infowars website haven't even gone to trial yet regarding a lawsuit brought against him by a Sandy Hook family, but the case has already put him nearly $130,000 in the hole, not counting his own expenses. Per the Daily Beast , in addition to an...
A Suffering Town
Celebrates a Victory
Dec 15, 2019 9:12 AM CST
A Suffering Town Celebrates a Victory
Newtown High School wins state football title 7 years to the day after Sandy Hook killings
- On the final play of the game—after a rainy day of vigils and mourning, with flags at half-staff—Riley Ward caught a 36-yard pass from Jack Street. The touchdown gave the Newtown Nighthawks the Connecticut Class LL high school championship on Saturday, the seventh anniversary of the day a...
Sandy Hook Families' Suit a
Go After SCOTUS Decision
Nov 12, 2019 10:55 AM CST
Sandy Hook Families' Suit a Go After SCOTUS Decision
Supreme Court refuses to hear gun-maker Remington's appeal in complaint
- Family members of the children killed in the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School are free to move forward with their lawsuit against gun-maker Remington . The Supreme Court said Tuesday it wouldn't hear the case, meaning a March ruling by the Connecticut Supreme Court stands, per CNBC . In...
He Said Boy Didn't Die at Sandy
Hook, Now Must Pay Boy's Dad
Oct 16, 2019 4:32 PM CDT
He Said Boy Didn't Die at Sandy Hook, Now Must Pay Boy's Dad
Noah Pozner's dad awarded $450K in defamation case
- A jury in Wisconsin has awarded $450,000 to the father of a boy killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting after he filed a defamation lawsuit against conspiracy theorist writers who claimed the massacre never happened. A Dane County jury on Tuesday decided the amount James Fetzer must...
Brother of Sandy Hook
Hero Makes Public Move
Jul 17, 2019 10:18 AM CDT
Brother of Sandy Hook Hero Makes Public Move
Republican JT Lewis is running to be a Connecticut state senator
- JT Lewis was 12 years old when he learned his 6-year-old brother, Jesse, had been shot in the head at Sandy Hook Elementary School after helping some of his classmates escape alive . The horrific event transformed Lewis into an advocate in his teenage years—he received an award for courage...
Made Me Say
Was a Hoax
Mar 30, 2019 6:00 AM CDT
Alex Jones: 'Psychosis' Made Me Say Sandy Hook Was a Hoax
Radio host said in deposition that he's since learned the truth is 'more in the middle'
- Families of Sandy Hook victims aren't backing down going after Alex Jones for helping to spread conspiracy theories about the 2012 massacre, but now the radio host is offering up a new reason for his actions: He had a mental disorder. Per the
, Jones gave a three-hour deposition...
Wife of Sandy Hook Dad Who
Took His Life Speaks Out
Mar 29, 2019 8:59 AM CDT
Wife of Sandy Hook Dad Who Took His Life Speaks Out
Jennifer Hensel posts note to GoFundMe in wake of Jeremy Richman's suicide
- The wife of the Sandy Hook Elementary School parent who committed suicide on Monday has spoken out on her husband's death in a note published to a GoFundMe campaign started in support of her family. Jennifer Hensel and Jeremy Richman's daughter, Avielle, was one of the 20 students...
'Heartbroken' Father of Girl
Killed at Sandy Hook Dies
Mar 25, 2019 12:25 PM CDT
'Heartbroken' Father of Girl Killed at Sandy Hook Dies
Jeremy Richman started a foundation for research to prevent violence
- The father of a first-grader killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings was found dead Monday. Police say the cause of death isn't known yet, the
reports, but it appears that Jeremy Richman killed himself. Avielle Richman was one of the 20 first-grade students and six...
Sandy Hook Families'
Gun Lawsuit Can Proceed
Mar 14, 2019 12:50 PM CDT
Sandy Hook Families' Gun Lawsuit Can Proceed
Suit can go to trial, Connecticut's top court decides
- The families of the Sandy Hook massacre victims can sue the companies that manufactured and sold the semiautomatic rifle the shooter used—a ruling the
New York Times
calls "a major blow to the firearms industry." In a 4-3 ruling Thursday, the Connecticut Supreme Court decided to let...
Alex Jones to
Be Deposed in
Sandy Hook Suit
Feb 14, 2019 10:00 AM CST
Alex Jones to Be Deposed in Sandy Hook Suit
Ruling celebrated by plaintiff Mark Barden
- Another loss for Alex Jones: The Infowars host must sit for a five-hour deposition by lawyers representing the families of Sandy Hook victims, who allege defamation over his claims that the 2012 school shooting in Newtown, Conn., was a hoax. Bridgeport Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellis issued the blow on...
On 6th Anniversary
of Sandy Hook, a
Dec 14, 2018 12:08 PM CST
On 6th Anniversary of Sandy Hook, a Nerve-Wracking Morning
Sandy Hook Elementary students sent home after bomb threat called in; it appears it was a hoax
- The sixth anniversary of the Sandy Hook shooting is a hard-enough day for the community of Newtown, Conn.—and it was made worse Friday morning by a bomb threat that forced Sandy Hook Elementary School to be evacuated. The Newtown Police Department says it was on the receiving end...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Roberts: The Court Didn't Need to Do This
In His Roe Opinion, Thomas Flags Same-Sex Marriage
Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade
Rittenhouse to Pay for Lawsuits With Shooter Video Game
Cops: Vince Carter's Wife, Kids Hid During Burglary
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.