Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Jury: Cracker Barrel
Owes Customer $9.4M
Jan 18, 2022 1:52 PM CST
Jury: Cracker Barrel Owes Customer $9.4M
William Cronnon was inadvertently served a glass of kitchen cleaner instead of water
- He sued for $150,000, but a jury decided that William Cronnon deserved way, way more after a serious blunder at Cracker Barrel. A jury in Tennessee awarded Cronnon a total of $9.4 million because a waitress served him a glass of chemical kitchen cleaner instead of water, reports...
Indiana Couple Sets
Cracker Barrel Record
Aug 29, 2017 11:37 AM CDT
Indiana Couple Sets Cracker Barrel Record
Ray and Wilma Yoder have visited every location in the US
- Ray and Wilma Yoder's visit Monday to a new Cracker Barrel restaurant in Tualatin, Ore., was a special one. For one thing, they were greeted with applause and flowers. That's because the Cracker Barrel visit marked not only Ray's 81st birthday, but the couple's completion of...
Elderly Veteran Loses Job
for Giving Away Muffin
Jun 29, 2014 4:13 PM CDT
Elderly Veteran Loses Job for Giving Away Muffin
Cracker Barrel says it's his 5th time violating company policy
- A 73-year-old Vietnam veteran has lost his job for giving a needy man a muffin—and says he doesn't regret his moment of charity, Fox News reports. Joe Koblenzer was working as a Cracker Barrel host in Venice, Fla., when a homeless-looking man came in asking for tartar sauce...
Waitress Receives Huge
'Gift From God' Tip
Jan 6, 2014 4:25 PM CST
Waitress Receives Huge 'Gift From God' Tip
Cracker Barrel customers impressed by her amazing story
- A Cracker Barrel waitress in Nebraska received a special tip the other day: $100. But that was nothing compared to the $6,000 in checks the customers also left behind, the
reports. The customers walked in asking for the restaurant's grumpiest waitress, hoping to make her laugh,...
on Cracker Barrel's Shelves
Dec 22, 2013 10:00 PM CST
Items Back on Cracker Barrel's Shelves
Petitions demand reinstatement of Phil Robertson
- Cracker Barrel on Friday distanced itself from
as controversy swirled over Phil Robertson's anti-gay remarks in
. The move didn't last long. After announcing that it was taking some
gear off its shelves ("We removed selected products which we were concerned might offend...
Popular on Newser
Biden Calls Fox Reporter After Hot Mic Insult
Virginia's New Republican Governor Making Waves
After Another Attack, a New Subway Warning
Bataclan Survivor 'Shocked' to Find Out What Her Surgeon Did
This Is the Best State for Retirees
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.