Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Report: DA Won't Offer Plea
Deals to Trump, 2 Top Allies
Nov 28, 2023 9:09 PM CST
Report: DA Won't Offer Plea Deals to Trump, 2 Top Allies
Trump lawyer says only deal former president would consider would involve dismissal, apology
- Some of the co-defendants in the Georgia election interference case have taken plea deals but that won't be an option for the alleged kingpin of the conspiracy, sources tell the
The insiders say Fulton County prosecutors won't be offering deals to Donald Trump and at least two...
Publisher of Meadows Memoir
Wants Its Money Back
Nov 4, 2023 8:30 AM CDT
Publisher of Meadows Memoir Wants Its Money Back
All Seasons Press sues ex-White House chief of staff, accusing him of lying about the 2020 election
- As he remains tied to legal wranglings regarding multiple cases against former President Donald Trump, Mark Meadows now has a new issue to contend with—an irate publisher. Insider reports that on Thursday, All Seasons Press pulled
The Chief's Chief
, the memoir penned by the former White House chief...
Before Grand Jury
After Being Granted
Oct 25, 2023 2:00 AM CDT
Meadows Testified Before Grand Jury After Being Granted Immunity: Sources
Sources say Trump's former chief of staff testified in federal election interference case
- Mark Meadows reportedly testified before a federal grand jury in the election interference case against former President Trump, according to sources who spoke to ABC News . The sources say Meadows, Trump's former chief of staff, has talked to special counsel Jack Smith's team at least two other times...
Boss Burned So Many Docs,
His Office Was Smoky
Sep 26, 2023 2:30 AM CDT
Cassidy Hutchinson: Boss Burned So Many Docs, His Office Was Smoky
Ex-aide's new book alleges Meadows' suits smelled 'like a bonfire'
- A former aide in former President Trump's White House says chief of staff Mark Meadows burned papers so often after the 2020 election that it left his office smoky and even prompted his wife to complain that his suits smelled "like a bonfire." Cassidy Hutchinson, who was...
Judge Rejects Moving
Meadows Case to Federal Court
Sep 8, 2023 5:13 PM CDT
Judge Rejects Moving Meadows Case to Federal Court
Ruling keeps election interference case in Fulton County Superior Court
- Mark Meadows' attempt to have his election interference case moved from a Georgia court to a federal one failed Friday. US District Judge Steve C. Jones rejected the motion by Meadows, former President Trump's onetime chief of staff, the
reports. Several of Meadows' codefendants have hearings coming...
Trump Faces 'Easter Egg'
Complication in Georgia Case
Aug 28, 2023 2:38 PM CDT
Trump Faces 'Easter Egg' Complication in Georgia Case
His desire to move it to federal court may be undercut by timeline of the allegations
- The indictments against Donald Trump are out. Now comes the legal wrangling to figure out crucial details, including when the trials might be held and in which jurisdictions. On Monday morning, the judge in Trump's federal election interference case set a trial date of March 4, 2024 , which just...
Mugshots in Trump's
Georgia Case Start Rolling In
Aug 23, 2023 6:34 AM CDT
Mugshots in Trump's Georgia Case Start Rolling In
The former president will reportedly sit for one, too
- Four of former President Trump's co-defendants in the Georgia election interference case have turned themselves in, and two have had their mugshots released, while three others are fighting to avoid appearing at Fulton County Jail at all. The latest:
Georgia bail bondsman Scott Hall surrendered just before
Dec 31, 2022 7:31 AM CST
Mark Meadows Won't Face Voter Fraud Charges
North Carolina officials questioned his absentee ballot in the 2020 election
- Mark Meadows won't face any legal trouble for the absentee ballot he cast in the 2020 election. Meadows, then serving as former President Trump's chief of staff, cast that absentee ballot by mail to vote in the battleground state of North Carolina, reports the AP . Meadows listed as...
Read Up on Watergate,
Then Told the Truth
Dec 23, 2022 7:11 AM CST
Cassidy Hutchinson Read Up on Watergate, Then Told the Truth
Transcript of Cassidy Hutchinson's interviews with Jan. 6 panel is out
- Former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson told the House Select Committee that a lawyer connected to former President Trump tried to influence her testimony around Jan. 6 to the point that she felt she "had Trump looking over my shoulder." Hutchinson delivered bombshell testimony , describing Trump as lunging...
Judge Orders Meadows to
Testify in Georgia Election Case
Oct 26, 2022 1:06 PM CDT
Judge Orders Meadows to Testify in Georgia Election Case
Former WH chief of staff is a 'necessary and material witness,' court filing states
- A judge on Wednesday ordered former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows to testify before a special grand jury that's investigating whether then-President Trump and his allies illegally tried to influence the state's 2020 election. Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis opened the investigation early last year...
a Pardon in
Sep 17, 2022 2:55 PM CDT
Gaetz Wanted a Pardon in Sex Trafficking Case: Witness
Panel had heard testimony that pardon requests were over efforts to overturn election
- Rep. Matt Gaetz, who's under federal investigation on suspicion of sex trafficking, told former President Donald Trump's chief of staff that a preemptive pardon in the case "would be great," a witness told a House committee. Johnny McEntee, a White House aide during Trump's term,...
Ball With DOJ
Sep 15, 2022 8:50 AM CDT
Sources: Mark Meadows Played Ball With DOJ on Subpoena
Ex-chief of staff for Trump's WH reportedly complied with agency's writ regarding Jan. 6 riot
- In June, the Department of Justice announced it was declining to charge Mark Meadows, former President Trump's chief of staff in the White House, with contempt after Meadows stopped cooperating with the House select committee looking into the Jan. 6 attack on the US Capitol. Now, a new development:...
Allegations of Witness
Tampering Gain Traction
Jul 1, 2022 1:25 PM CDT
Allegations of Witness Tampering Gain Traction
Reports say Trump allies gave tacit warnings to Cassidy Hutchinson in particular
- Near the end of the last Jan. 6 hearing, Rep. Liz Cheney accused allies of former President Trump of attempting to intimidate witnesses, and she displayed two messages that she says make her case, per the Hill . Cheney didn't name any names, but reports now say that Cassidy Hutchinson—...
Jan. 6 Hearing: 'I Don't ...
Care That They Have Weapons'
Jun 28, 2022 1:10 PM CDT
Jan. 6 Hearing: 'I Don't ... Care That They Have Weapons'
Witness says Trump objected to metal detectors for his supporters on Jan. 6
- Witness Cassidy Hutchinson told the Jan. 6 panel Tuesday that former President Trump and chief of staff Mark Meadows—her boss—were informed that protesters gathering in DC on Jan. 6, 2021, were armed. However, both appeared to be unconcerned about it, she said. In fact, she said Trump was...
Witness: Meadows Told Me
Jan. 6 May 'Get Real, Real Bad'
Jun 28, 2022 12:27 PM CDT
Witness: Meadows Told Me Jan. 6 May 'Get Real, Real Bad'
Cassidy Hutchinson begins her testimony
- The Jan. 6 House panel has begun its surprise hearing—one that was abruptly scheduled only on Monday—with star witness Cassidy Hutchinson , who served as a top aide to Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows, per CNN . The 25-year-old had access to the former president's inner circle and...
Witness at Surprise
Jan. 6 Hearing Is Revealed
Jun 28, 2022 6:52 AM CDT
Witness at Surprise Jan. 6 Hearing Is Revealed
Cassidy Hutchinson, former aide to Mark Meadows, will testify
- A onetime top aide to former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows will testify in Tuesday's surprise Jan. 6 hearing , the sixth this month, multiple outlets are reporting. Cassidy Hutchinson, who attended meetings between Meadows and House Republicans who worked to overturn the 2020 election, will testify publicly...
DOJ: We Won't Be Prosecuting
Jun 4, 2022 7:45 AM CDT
DOJ: We Won't Be Prosecuting Meadows, Scavino
Justice Department declines contempt charges for Trump's former chief of staff, social media director
- On Friday, former Trump aide Peter Navarro was indicted on contempt charges for refusing to answer subpoenas by a House committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol attack. Later that day, two others in Trump's circle avoided the same fate—two much more central figures regarding the former president. Politico...
In New Texts Between Hannity
and Mark Meadows, a Shift
Apr 30, 2022 8:15 AM CDT
In New Texts Between Hannity and Mark Meadows, a Shift
Fox host went from 'staunch supporter' of election lies to warning against 'fing lunatics,' per CNN
- CNN has more texts from Mark Meadows , this time dozens of them between the former White House chief of staff and Fox News host Sean Hannity. The two exchanged more than 80 messages between Election Day 2020 and President Biden's inauguration, which the news outlet says show "...
Shift on Riot
Apr 26, 2022 10:35 AM CDT
Greene's Texts to Meadows Show Quick Shift on Riot
As it began, she asked for Trump to calm rioters; soon, she put blame on antifa infiltrators
- Texts to and from Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows on the day of the Capitol riot and, more generally, in the aftermath of the 2020 election have been the subject of many stories of late. But CNN is now unveiling a mother lode—a total of 2,319 texts...
Panel Tells Judge It Has
New Evidence on Meadows
Apr 23, 2022 12:10 PM CDT
Panel Tells Judge It Has New Evidence on Meadows
Jan. 6 committee asks court to force testimony of Trump's chief of staff
- The House committee investigating the attack on the Capitol last year has asked a federal judge to compel the testimony of Mark Meadows, White House chief of staff at the time. The Jan. 6 panel already subpoenaed Meadows, and he turned over certain documents. But he's refused to do...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Red Lobster Misjudged Diners' Hunger for Endless Shrimp
On the Day the Rats Arrived, He Filled 18 Bags With Bodies
UN Has Harsh Words for Iran Over Child's Execution
Investigation Lobs Disturbing Allegations Against Candy Giant
Henry Kissinger Dies at 100
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.