Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
In New Texts Between Hannity
and Mark Meadows, a Shift
Apr 30, 2022 8:15 AM CDT
In New Texts Between Hannity and Mark Meadows, a Shift
Fox host went from 'staunch supporter' of election lies to warning against 'fing lunatics,' per CNN
- CNN has more texts from Mark Meadows , this time dozens of them between the former White House chief of staff and Fox News host Sean Hannity. The two exchanged more than 80 messages between Election Day 2020 and President Biden's inauguration, which the news outlet says show "...
Shift on Riot
Apr 26, 2022 10:35 AM CDT
Greene's Texts to Meadows Show Quick Shift on Riot
As it began, she asked for Trump to calm rioters; soon, she put blame on antifa infiltrators
- Texts to and from Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows on the day of the Capitol riot and, more generally, in the aftermath of the 2020 election have been the subject of many stories of late. But CNN is now unveiling a mother lode—a total of 2,319 texts...
Panel Tells Judge It Has
New Evidence on Meadows
Apr 23, 2022 12:10 PM CDT
Panel Tells Judge It Has New Evidence on Meadows
Jan. 6 committee asks court to force testimony of Trump's chief of staff
- The House committee investigating the attack on the Capitol last year has asked a federal judge to compel the testimony of Mark Meadows, White House chief of staff at the time. The Jan. 6 panel already subpoenaed Meadows, and he turned over certain documents. But he's refused to do...
to Vote in Three
Apr 22, 2022 4:39 PM CDT
Mark Meadows Was Registered to Vote in Three States
'Washington Post' adds South Carolina to list of Virginia and North Carolina
- Former Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows has made headlines in recent weeks after it was revealed he was registered to vote in two different states , Virginia and North Carolina. Glenn Kessler of the
's Fact Checker blog looked into all this and concluded the story isn't...
NC County Strikes
From Its Voter List
Apr 13, 2022 4:57 PM CDT
NC County Strikes Mark Meadows From Its Voter List
Records show Trump's former chief of staff was registered to vote in 2 states
- An elections board in a North Carolina county has removed Mark Meadows, former chief of staff to President Trump, from its list of registered voters after documents showed he lived in Virginia and voted in the 2021 election in that state. Questions arose about Meadows last month , when North Carolina...
to Fight Election
Mar 24, 2022 6:55 PM CDT
Virginia Thomas Texted Meadows to Fight Election
Messages given to House panel show exchanges about overturning 2020 results
- "This is a fight of good versus evil," Virginia Thomas texted then-President Trump's chief of staff in pushing him to fight the 2020 election of President Biden. "Do not grow weary in well doing," she told Mark Meadows, assuring him Biden was "attempting the...
for Voter Fraud
Mar 18, 2022 12:00 AM CDT
Mark Meadows Being Investigated for Voter Fraud
Criminal probe opened into former Trump aide in North Carolina
- Former Trump aide Mark Meadows is under criminal investigation. Following a
story earlier this month raising the question of why Meadows registered to vote in North Carolina in 2020 when he was not living there, the State Bureau of Investigation confirmed it has opened a probe into the...
Go the Route
of Steve Bannon
Feb 13, 2022 8:20 AM CST
Giuliani May Not Go the Route of Steve Bannon
'New York Times' reports he's in talks with House panel to testify about the Capitol riot
- Trump allies Steve Bannon and Mark Meadows have defied the House panel investigating the Capitol riot to the extent that they now face the possibility of criminal charges. Rudy Giuliani may go a different route. The
New York Times
reports that Trump's longtime attorney is in negotiations to testify...
'Need to End
This Call': More
Dec 15, 2021 12:28 AM CST
'Need to End This Call': More Mark Meadows Texts Revealed
As House votes to recommend DoJ charge him with criminal contempt
- The House of Representatives on Tuesday night voted 222-208 to recommend that Mark Meadows be held in contempt of Congress. Two Republicans, Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger (both of whom sit on the select committee investigating the January 6 Capitol attack) voted with Democrats, CNN reports. The charges will be...
Meadows: My Texts Were
Dec 14, 2021 2:02 PM CST
Meadows: My Texts Were 'Selectively Leaked'
He accuses House panel of 'weaponizing' them as fallout continues over Jan. 6 development
- The fallout continues over Monday night's surprise development in the investigation of the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol. GOP Rep. Liz Cheney read texts that were sent by Donald Trump Jr. and three Fox News hosts to White House chief of staff Mark Meadows as the riot was...
Jan. 6 Text to
Is Hurting All of Us'
Dec 14, 2021 6:23 AM CST
Fox Host's Jan. 6 Text to Meadows: 'This Is Hurting All of Us'
Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity, Brian Kilmeade all frantically messaged Trump's then-chief of staff
- On Monday evening, a House panel probing what happened during the Capitol riot voted unanimously to recommend Mark Meadows, the chief of staff for former President Trump, be held in contempt of Congress. Among the evidence read aloud before the vote were a series of text messages sent to Meadows...
Dec 13, 2021 8:00 PM CST
Unanimous Vote Backs Contempt Charges for Mark Meadows
Texts show Trump's son was among those urging president to condemn Jan. 6 violence
- Voting unanimously, the House committee investigating the attack on the Capitol recommended Monday night that Mark Meadows face criminal contempt of Congress charges. The committee said in a new report that it has evidence that Meadows, who was chief of staff to former President Donald Trump at the time, promised...
Jan. 6 Panel Recommends
Contempt Charge for Meadows
Dec 8, 2021 4:44 PM CST
Jan. 6 Panel Recommends Contempt Charge for Meadows
Trump's former chief of staff sues committee
: The committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol attack says it is pursuing criminal contempt of Congress charges against Donald Trump's former chief of staff. Democratic Rep. Bennie Thompson said Wednesday that the panel had "no choice" but to advance charges after Mark Meadows failed to appear for...
With Jan. 6
Nov 30, 2021 12:49 PM CST
Ex-Trump Aide Now Working With Jan. 6 Panel
Mark Meadows, Trump's chief of staff, avoids a possible contempt charge
- Donald Trump's former chief of staff is cooperating with a House panel investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, putting off for now the panel's threat to hold him in contempt. But the panel “will continue to assess (Mark Meadows') degree of compliance,” said Rep. Bennie...
Jan. 6 Leaders,
Used Burner Phones
Nov 24, 2021 8:33 AM CST
Jan. 6 Leaders, Trump Team Used Burner Phones
Those communications could be difficult for House investigators to trace
- Organizers of the "Save America" rally on the White House Ellipse that preceded the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol communicated with former President Trump's team using burner phones purchased with cash, according to a report from
. Kylie Kremer—a top official with the March for...
As Bannon Surrenders to FBI,
GOP Warns of Payback
Nov 15, 2021 11:15 AM CST
As Bannon Surrenders to FBI, GOP Warns of Payback
Former Trump aide faces jail time if convicted of contempt of Congress
- Steve Bannon didn't just surrender to the FBI on Monday—he livestreamed the moment for supporters and remained defiant about the controversy. The ally of former President Trump has been indicted on charges of contempt of Congress for refusing to testify or hand over documents to a House panel...
Ex-Trump Official Meadows
Defies Subpoena Over Jan. 6
Nov 12, 2021 1:24 PM CST
Ex-Trump Official Meadows Defies Subpoena Over Jan. 6
Ex-chief of staff could be held in contempt as a result
- Steve Bannon may have company soon in the eyes of Congress. Mark Meadows, who served as chief of staff under former President Trump, failed to show up on Friday for a hearing before the House panel investigating the events of Jan. 6, reports NBC News . When Bannon defied his own...
13 Trump Aides
Broke Law By
Nov 10, 2021 6:50 PM CST
13 Trump Aides Broke Law By Mixing Politics, Jobs: Report
Meadows, Kushner are included as violators after investigation
- At least 13 former Trump administration officials violated the law by mingling campaigning with their official government duties, according to a new federal investigation, the AP reports. The report from the Office of Special Counsel says the officials broke the law without consequence and with the administration's approval as...
Jan. 6 Protest Planners:
Oct 25, 2021 11:20 AM CDT
Jan. 6 Protest Planners: Lawmaker Floated 'Blanket Pardon'
'Rolling Stone' talks to pair of organizers about Rep. Paul Gosar, others
is out with an exclusive that features interviews with two unnamed organizers of the Jan. 6 protest in DC, both of whom are cooperating with the House panel investigating the violence of that day. Both men say they met or otherwise interacted with White House officials (particularly...
Jan. 6 Panel Subpoenas
Sep 23, 2021 7:05 PM CDT
Jan. 6 Panel Subpoenas Meadows, Bannon
House committee wants documents, depositions from four former Trump aides
- Four of former President Donald Trump's closest aides and allies were subpoenaed Thursday by the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the US Capitol. The four men were in contact with Trump while a mob stormed the building in an attempt to overturn Trump's election loss,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
2 Deaths in the World of Music
Teen Has Heart Attack After Massive Horse Kick
10-Year-Old Survivor Describes Shooting
Almost Everyone Has Now Pulled Out of NRA Concert
Texas Official: Police Made 'Wrong Decision' at Shooting
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.