Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Trump Kicks Off
Double Legal Win
Nov 13, 2021 8:30 AM CST
Trump Kicks Off Weekend With Double Legal Win
Former 'Apprentice' contender drops defamation suit, judge dismisses Michael Cohen complaint
- It was a good day on the legal front Friday for Donald Trump, who saw one lawsuit against him dropped and another one dismissed. CNN reports that Summer Zervos, a former contestant on
who'd filed a defamation complaint in 2017 against Trump after he denied her sexual...
Deal Nears to Take
'Trump' Off DC Hotel
Sep 4, 2021 4:30 PM CDT
Deal Nears to Take 'Trump' Off DC Hotel
Under the agreement, a developer would sign up another company to manage the landmark
- Negotiations are underway to rebrand Trump International Hotel in Washington. Under the deal being considered, Axios reports, former President Donald Trump would sell the hotel's leasing rights to a real estate developer. A hotel company would then reach an agreement with the developer to manage the Pennsylvania Avenue hotel—...
Jul 12, 2021 7:10 PM CDT
Trump Takes Weisselberg Off Subsidiaries
Chief financial officer remains in main job but is no longer listed as a director at more than 40 entities
- Allen Weisselberg, chief financial officer of the Trump Organization, has lost his officer positions at more than 40 of the corporation's subsidiaries since being indicted on tax fraud charges. The changes began Thursday, the
reports, when British corporate records show Weisselberg was removed as a director of...
Perks Added Up
Jul 5, 2021 11:40 AM CDT
How Weisselberg's Perks Added Up
Trump executive has pleaded not guilty in tax case
- Many employers provide gym memberships or cellphones, or maybe even the use of a company car, as perks for its staff members. Some of the freebies are taxable, some aren't, CNBC reports. But the tax fraud case brought against Allen Weisselberg, the Trump Organization's chief financial officer, lists...
Trump's Longtime Money
Guy Is in the Crosshairs
Jul 1, 2021 1:56 PM CDT
Trump's Longtime Money Guy Is in the Crosshairs
The big question is whether Allen Weisselberg will cooperate with authorities
- Allen Weisselberg, the longtime chief financial officer of the Trump Organization, pleaded not guilty to tax crime charges Thursday afternoon, one day after he and the business were indicted. A lawyer for the company also pleaded not guilty to what prosecutors called a 15-year scheme to defraud the government "...
Trump Organization, CFO
Indicted on Tax Crimes
Jul 1, 2021 12:30 AM CDT
Trump Organization, CFO Indicted on Tax Crimes
Charges expected to be unsealed Thursday
- As expected , a New York grand jury has indicted the Trump Organization and its chief financial officer, sources tell media outlets including NBC News , CBS News , and the
. The charges are expected to be unsealed Thursday afternoon, so the specific alleged crimes are not yet clear. The...
Report: Trump Organization
Will Be Charged Tomorrow
Jun 30, 2021 10:09 AM CDT
Report: Trump Organization Will Be Charged Tomorrow
Organization and CFO are said to be the ones who will be accused of tax-related crimes
- The Manhattan district attorney's office started investigating the Trump Organization three years ago, and sources tell the
Wall Street Journal
the first criminal charges against it will come tomorrow. Those sources say the Trump Organization and Allen Weisselberg, its CFO, will likely be charged Thursday with tax-related crimes. A...
Trump Rally is Revenge Against
GOP Impeachment Voter
Jun 26, 2021 12:44 PM CDT
Trump Rally is Revenge Against GOP Impeachment Voter
The former president, facing investigations, is planning a series of live events
- Former President Donald Trump will return to the rally stage this weekend, holding his first campaign-style event since leaving the White House as he makes good on his pledge to exact revenge on those who voted for his historic second impeachment, the AP reports. Trump's event at Ohio's...
Criminal Charges in Play
for Trump Organization
Jun 25, 2021 4:14 PM CDT
Criminal Charges in Play for Trump Organization
Prosecutors investigating executives' perks could bring a case next week
- For the first time in the Manhattan district attorney's investigation of the Trump Organization, criminal charges are a possibility—maybe as soon as next week. Lawyers for former President Trump have been told that a criminal case is under consideration, the
New York Times
reports. That part of the...
Report: Trump's Ex-Bodyguard
Is Under the Microscope
Jun 22, 2021 7:42 AM CDT
Report: Trump's Ex-Bodyguard Is Under the Microscope
Sources tell 'WSJ' that Matthew Calamari, now COO of Trump Organization, is part of NY probe
- In February 2019, former Trump attorney Michael Cohen testified in front of Congress that his old boss had inflated the values of assets for insurance purposes. Cohen listed names of other individuals within the Trump Organization who allegedly knew about such practices. Among those names: Matthew Calamari, Trump's ex-bodyguard...
Files Lawsuit Over
Jun 22, 2021 6:44 AM CDT
Trump Organization Files Lawsuit Over Golf Course
New York City canceled company's contract
- The Trump Organization sued New York City on Monday for cancelling its contract to run a golf course in the Bronx earlier this year, a move it said was politically motivated and should be reversed. The lawsuit, filed in state court, says nothing in the 566-page contract gave New York...
Stormy Daniels Would Love to
Talk to Grand Jury About Trump
Jun 7, 2021 12:20 PM CDT
Stormy Daniels Would Love to Talk to Grand Jury About Trump
She says her lawyer has spoken to prosecutors
- A special grand jury has now been convened in the Manhattan district attorney's investigation of Donald Trump and other Trump Organization figures—and Stormy Daniels would be more than happy to cooperate. The adult film star told CNN 's
Monday that while she hasn't been...
in Trump Buildings
Jun 4, 2021 4:55 PM CDT
Prices Plunge in Trump Buildings
There are bargains, but some real estate shoppers aren't interested because of the name over the door
- The building has stunning Manhattan skyline views, its spa offers deep-tissue massages, and the fancy restaurant off the lobby serves prime steaks. Best of all, many apartments at the Trump World Tower are selling at a deep discount—assuming the buyer doesn't mind the name over the door. "...
Trump Denounces Grand Jury
Move as a 'Witch Hunt'
May 26, 2021 6:34 AM CDT
Trump Denounces Grand Jury Move as a 'Witch Hunt'
Manhattan DA convenes panel, which could lead to charges
- The Manhattan district attorney's investigation into the Trump Organization has entered a new phase that could lead to an indictment of the former president, insiders say. Sources tell the
that Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. has convened a special grand jury that may be asked to...
New York's Trump Organization
Investigation Is Now Criminal
May 19, 2021 6:51 AM CDT
New York's Trump Organization Investigation Is Now Criminal
AG is expanding what had previously been a civil probe
- The New York attorney general's office said Tuesday that it is conducting a criminal investigation into former President Trump's business empire, expanding what had previously been a civil probe, the AP reports. “We have informed the Trump Organization that our investigation into the company is no longer...
De Blasio: NYC Finally
Able to Kill Trump Contracts
Jan 13, 2021 10:00 AM CST
De Blasio: NYC Finally Able to Kill Trump Contracts
Mayor says Capitol attack qualifies as Trump being involved in criminal activity
- The Trump Organization will see its contracts with New York City axed as a consequence of the Capitol riot, Mayor Bill de Blasio said on Wednesday. The
New York Times
reports de Blasio has considered such cancelations before, but he didn't have the legal footing. De Blasio explained what'...
Oct 10, 2020 2:30 PM CDT
: How Trump Made Millions by Being Our President
The New York Times takes another deep dive into Trump's finances
- Donald Trump promised to "drain the swamp" when he ran in 2016—but Mar-a-Lago and other Trump properties have become their own swamp of lobbyists, business moguls, religious groups, and foreign politicians seeking his favor as they spend millions of dollars that he turns into profits, the
Oct 5, 2020 7:30 PM CDT
Eric Trump Gives Deposition
President's son had tried to postpone until after the election
- After trying to delay his appearance until after the presidential election, Eric Trump gave a deposition Monday in a civil investigation into the Trump Organization. The interview was conducted on video, but the president's son was under oath. Neither side would discuss what was said. New York Attorney General...
to Be Deposed
Within 2 Weeks
Sep 24, 2020 7:00 AM CDT
Eric Trump to Be Deposed Within 2 Weeks
He'll give testimony on Trump Organization business practices
- President Trump's son Eric has until Oct. 7 to speak to New York investigators probing his family's business practices, a judge ruled Wednesday, rejecting his lawyers' contention that his "extreme travel schedule" on the campaign trail warranted a delay until after the November election. State Judge Arthur...
NY AG Says Trumps Aren't
Cooperating With Probe
Aug 24, 2020 4:41 PM CDT
NY AG Says Trumps Aren't Cooperating With Probe
She asks court to enforce subpoeans
- New York’s Democratic attorney general asked a court Monday to enforce subpoenas issued as part of her investigation into whether President Trump or his businesses lied about the value of a sprawling suburban estate and other assets in order to get loans or tax benefits. Attorney General Letitia James...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
After Backlash, Rittenhouse's Student Status Changes
CNN Suspends Chris Cuomo Indefinitely
3 Dead, 6 Injured in Michigan School Shooting
FTC Orders Walmart, Amazon to Explain 'Sky-High Prices'
Clarence Thomas' Long Fight Reaches Its 'Zenith'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.