Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 1,746,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
Stories 21 - 40 |
McKayla Maroney: Larry Nassar Molested Me First Day We Met
And 'hundreds' of times after that, she says
- McKayla Maroney is detailing her abuse at the hands of former USA Gymnastics team doctor Larry Nassar for the first time in an interview with Savannah Guthrie set to air Sunday on
. On the first day she met Nassar, when she was 13 years old, "He told me...
Aly Raisman Goes After US Olympic Committee
Nassar, USA Gymanstics also named in lawsuit
- Six-time Olympic medalist Aly Raisman is suing the US Olympic Committee and USA Gymnastics, claiming both organizations "knew or should have known" about abusive patterns by disgraced former national team doctor Larry Nassar, the AP reports. The lawsuit, filed in California on Wednesday, alleges negligence by the USOC and...
Amidst Furor and Cancer, US Olympic Boss Is Out
Calls for Scott Blackmun's ouster had been growing louder
- Scott Blackmun resigned as CEO of the US Olympic Committee on Wednesday, stepping aside so he can tackle his worsening bout with prostate cancer and to allow the federation to move forward under new leadership to address the sex-abuse scandal that has rocked gymnastics and other sports. The 60-year-old CEO...
Jared Fogle Invokes Name of Larry Nassar in Latest Bid
Former Subway pitchman wants to withdraw his guilty pleas
- Jared Fogle remains very busy trying to get himself out of jail —and apparently keeping up with current events. The former Subway pitchman's new legal gambit revolves around the case of disgraced Team USA gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar , reports the Blast . In newly filed legal documents, Fogle complains...
Finds 40 More Reasons for Anger Over Nassar Case
That's how many victims he molested during the span of the FBI investigation
- Victim after victim has come forward to describe how former sports doctor Larry Nassar molested them during exams. Now the
New York Times
reports that the list could have been shorter by at least 40 names. That's how many girls and women say they were abused by Nassar as...
Seething Father Goes After Larry Nassar in Court
He asked to be allowed in a locked room with the 'demon'
- Larry Nassar's victims are continuing to speak out, but the father of three did more than talk in a Michigan courtroom Friday. Following testimony from two of his daughters—including one abused at age 13, per the
—Randall Margraves took the floor and addressed Nassar as...
Nassar Attorney Has 'Hard Time' Buying Accusers' Stories
Shannon Smith called 'vile' by victims' attorney for saying number of accusers was 'really extreme'
- The dozens of victims who spoke at Larry Nassar's sentencing hearing earlier this month served up scathing rebukes against the ex-USA Gymnastics doctor, who received up to 175 years in prison for his crimes. One person not as moved by their testimony: a Nassar defense attorney, who said during...
Entire USA Gymnastics Board to Resign
US Olympic Committee had threatened to remove it as sport's national governing body
- The 16 remaining members of USA Gymnastics' board of directors will resign following the sentencing of Larry Nassar and the issuing of demands by the US Olympic Committee, ABC News reports. On Thursday, USOC CEO Scott Blackmun demanded the entire USA Gymnastics board resign because the "culture needs fundamental...
Olympic Officials Give Ultimatum to USA Gymnastics
Entire board must quit, or it will no longer be sport's governing body
- As the harrowing testimony against Larry Nassar continued earlier this week, three top members of the USA Gymnastics board resigned. Not good enough, says the US Olympic Committee. The group has ordered everybody else on the 21-member board to quit by Wednesday, and it wants an interim board set up...
More Than 150 Victims Came Forward. Here's What They Said
Everything you need to know as Larry Nassar sentenced to up to 175 years
- "I had a dream to go to the Olympics, and the things that I had to endure to get there were unnecessary and disgusting," McKayla Maroney told Larry Nassar during his seven-day sentencing hearing, which concluded Wednesday with a sentence of up to 175 years in prison...
Nassar Victim Says He Abused Her, Missed Broken Leg
'You were never a real doctor'
- A former elite gymnast said Tuesday that sports doctor Larry Nassar overlooked what turned out to be a broken leg while he molested her in the basement of his home. Isabell Hutchins, one of the latest victims to testify at a Michigan sentencing hearing for Nassar, practiced for weeks at...
Abuse Fallout Widens for USA Gymnastics
3 top board members resign as testimony continues against Larry Nassar
- More gymnasts told their stories of sexual abuse in court on Monday as the fallout over the scandal widened. Three top members of the USA Gymnastics board of directors resigned as testimony continued in the trial of former sports doctor Larry Nassar , reports
. “We support their decisions...
Aly Raisman: USA Gymnastics 'Is Rotting From the Inside'
Olympic gymnast rips into Larry Nassar, US Gymnastics, US Olympic Committee
- "The women you so heartlessly abused over such a long period of time are now a force, and you are nothing," Deadspin quotes Aly Raisman as telling Larry Nassar Friday in court. In a blistering 13-minute speech, the Olympic gold medal-winner ripped into the doctor who allegedly...
Larry Nassar Doesn't Want to Listen to Victim Statements
Former USA Gymnastics doctor says it's too hard
- The former USA Gymnastics doctor accused of sexually abusing more than 140 girls and women is being forced to listen to most of his accusers share their stories during sentencing this week, and he's not happy about it. NBC News reports Larry Nassar complained to Judge Rosemarie Aquilina in...
Lawyer: Maroney Threat Was Only Dropped After Outrage
Coach tells Nassar to 'go to hell'
- USA Gymnastics told McKayla Maroney it wouldn't fine her $100,000 for speaking out against her abuser not because it was the right thing to do, but because public outrage forced the organization to back off, a lawyer for the gymnast says. Attorney John Manly tells
Victim Describes Nassar Abuse Starting When She Was 6
I'm here to 'destroy your world,' Kyle Stephens tells disgraced ex-Team USA coach in court
- "Little girls don't stay little forever. They grow into strong women that return to destroy your world" and "I have been coming for you for a long time," Kyle Stephens told disgraced ex-USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar on Tuesday. Revealing her identity for the first time,...
Chrissy Teigen: I'll Pay Fine if Maroney Speaks at Sentencing
Gymnast could have been penalized $100K under NDA
- Under the terms of a nondisclosure agreement she signed as part of a settlement with USA Gymnastics in 2016, McKayle Maroney could face a $100,000 fine if she speaks out about her sexual abuse by former team doctor Larry Nasser—and model Chrissy Teigen says she will pay it....
Simone Biles: I Was Sexually Abused by Larry Nassar
The revelation comes one day before Nassar's sentencing hearing
- American Olympic superstar Simone Biles added her name to the list of women who say they were molested by former USA Gymnastics team doctor Larry Nassar Monday, CNN reports. In a statement released on her Twitter account alongside the hashtag "MeToo," the four-time Olympic gold medalist wrote, "...
Judge Admonishes Gymnastics Doctor, Hands Him 60 Years
Larry Nassar still has more sentencing to go
- Larry Nassar's downfall is not yet entirely complete, but it's pretty close. A judge on Thursday sentenced the former Michigan State University and USA Gymnastics doctor to 60 years in prison on child porn charges. Next month he'll learn how much time he'll have to serve...
Gymnastics Doctor Pleads Guilty in Sex Abuse Case
Larry Nassar will face at least 25 years in prison
- A sports doctor accused of molesting girls while working for USA Gymnastics and Michigan State University pleaded guilty Wednesday to multiple charges of sexual assault and will face at least 25 years in prison, the AP reports. Dr. Larry Nassar, 54, was charged with molesting seven girls, mostly under the...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Forbes Redid the Numbers. It's Bad News for Kylie Jenner
Trump: 'Haters' Are Distorting My Tweet About Looters
9-Year-Old Killed While Checking Mail
Men Hired for Sexual Fantasy Broke Into Wrong House
Fired Minneapolis Cop Charged With Murder
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.