Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Johnson & Johnson
Stories 1 - 20 |
Get Pfizer or
Dec 17, 2021 2:51 AM CST
CDC: Get Pfizer or Moderna, Not J&J
CDC makes official new recommendation
The CDC is now officially taking the stance that that "mRNA vaccines are preferred over [Johnson & Johnson's] Janssen COVID-19 vaccine for the prevention of COVID-19 for those 18 years of age and over." Within hours of a panel making that recommendation, the CDC director accepted...
Supreme Court Delivers Blow
to J&J Over Baby Powder
Dec 13, 2021 9:45 AM CST
Supreme Court Delivers Blow to J&J Over Baby Powder
Justices let suit brought by Mississippi over health risks proceed
- The Supreme Court on Monday turned away a request by Johnson & Johnson to halt a Mississippi lawsuit over its talcum powder products, per the AP . As is typical, the high court didn't say anything in turning away the case, which was included in a long list of cases...
2 More Conglomerates
Are Breaking Up
Nov 12, 2021 9:43 AM CST
2 More Conglomerates Are Breaking Up
J&J, Toshiba announce plans to separate their businesses in coming years
- Johnson & Johnson plans to split into two publicly traded companies. And in case you're wondering, no, they won't be called "Johnson I" and "Johnson II." Johnson & Johnson will keep its name and its title as the world's largest health-products company by sales...
Johnson & Johnson
Nov 10, 2021 2:26 AM CST
Court Overturns $465M Opioid Ruling Against Johnson & Johnson
It's the second blow to a case like this in the past month
- The Oklahoma Supreme Court on Tuesday overturned a $465 million opioid ruling against drugmaker Johnson & Johnson, finding that a lower court wrongly interpreted the state's public nuisance law in the first case of its kind in the US to go to trial. The ruling was the second blow...
Booster Shots Are Expected
to Start Going in Arms Today
Oct 22, 2021 12:11 AM CDT
Booster Shots Are Expected to Start Going in Arms Today
CDC, Walensky gave final approval Thursday night
: An advisory panel unanimously recommended to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Thursday that coronavirus vaccine booster shots be approved. Tens of millions of people would be eligible for the doses, which the FDA backed the day before, the
reports. (There's an explainer on...
First Bitcoin ETF
Jumps 4.8% in Market Debut
Oct 19, 2021 3:54 PM CDT
First Bitcoin ETF Jumps 4.8% in Market Debut
S&P 500 is closing in on record high
- Stocks closed higher on Wall Street Tuesday, giving the S&P 500 its fifth straight gain and getting it closer to the record high it set in early September. The Dow Jones Industrial Average and the Nasdaq also closed higher. Health care companies made some of the biggest gains. Johnson...
Been 2 Shots
Oct 17, 2021 1:05 PM CDT
J&J Could've Been 2 Shots All Along, Fauci Says
Booster recipients probably will be able to mix brands
- In hindsight, the Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine probably should have been two shots from the start, as other vaccines are, Dr. Anthony Fauci said Sunday. Asked on ABC's
whether people who received the company's single dose should be alarmed because an FDA advisory panel has...
FDA Panel Endorses
J&J Booster Shot
Oct 15, 2021 1:42 PM CDT
FDA Panel Endorses J&J Booster Shot
Advisers set no timeline but says shot should come at least 2 months after the first one
- A panel of US health advisers endorsed booster doses of Johnson & Johnson's single-shot COVID-19 vaccine Friday, saying they should be offered at least two months after immunization. J&J has asked the Food and Drug Administration for flexibility with its booster, the AP reports, arguing that the extra...
FDA Report Is Inconclusive
on Johnson & Johnson Booster
Oct 13, 2021 5:35 PM CDT
FDA Report Is Inconclusive on Johnson & Johnson Booster
Outside advisers are meeting this week to consider approval and interval
- It's not clear yet whether people who received the one-shot Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine will be cleared to get a booster shot or will be told to switch brands. A Food and Drug Administration staff report released Wednesday said that there's evidence the J&J booster strengthened...
J&J: Shot No. 2 Works
Sep 21, 2021 6:58 AM CDT
J&J: Shot No. 2 Works
Company's data has not been peer-reviewed, but this is a first step
- Johnson & Johnson released data showing that a booster dose to its one-shot coronavirus vaccine provides a strong immune response months after people receive a first dose, per the AP . J&J said in statement Tuesday that it ran two early studies in people previously given its vaccine and found...
J&J Shuts Down
HIV Vaccine Trial
Aug 31, 2021 2:39 PM CDT
J&J Shuts Down HIV Vaccine Trial
Study in five African countries found that it only provided 25% protection
- Scientists searching for an HIV vaccine have been disappointed yet again. Johnson & Johnson says it has shut down a vaccine trial in Africa that started in 2017 after finding that it only provided 25% protection, the
New York Times
reports. The trial involved young women at high risk of...
Johnson & Johnson: Booster
Pumps Up Antibodies Big Time
Aug 25, 2021 6:11 AM CDT
Johnson & Johnson: Booster Pumps Up Antibodies Big Time
Company says booster at least 6 months later caused bigger spike in antibodies than first shot
- The Pfizer vaccine now known as Comirnaty has received full approval from the Food and Drug Administration, paving the way for booster shots. Moderna's full OK from the FDA is said to be just a few weeks away, and now Johnson & Johnson announced Wednesday that people who received...
State AGs Announce Landmark
$26B Opioid Settlement
Jul 21, 2021 5:05 PM CDT
State AGs Announce Landmark $26B Opioid Settlement
J&J, drug distributors have agreed to nationwide settlement
- Four major drug companies have agreed to a landmark $26 billion settlement to resolve thousands of lawsuits from state and local governments over the opioid crisis, a coalition of state attorneys general announced Wednesday. The proposal calls for drugmaker Johnson & Johnson to pay $5 billion over nine years and...
Johnson & Johnson Sunscreen
Recall Affects 5 Products
Jul 15, 2021 1:00 AM CDT
Johnson & Johnson Sunscreen Recall Affects 5 Products
Consumers advised to stop using these Neutrogena, Aveeno aerosol sunscreens
- Check your sunscreen bottles: Johnson & Johnson is recalling five of its products due to the presence of benzene, a chemical known to cause cancer. The voluntary recall affects all can sizes and SPF levels of Aveeno Protect + Refresh aerosol sunscreen plus four Neutrogena sunscreens: Beach Defense aerosol sunscreen,...
on J&J Vaccine
Jul 12, 2021 3:11 PM CDT
FDA Issues New Warning on J&J Vaccine
CDC says it has been linked to around 100 cases of Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Another setback for the Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine: The FDA has added a new warning to on the one-shot vaccine after reports of a rare side effect. The CDC says there have been around 100 reports of people contracting Guillain-Barre syndrome after receiving the J&J vaccine. Most of...
Johnson & Johnson Settles For
$230M, Quits Opioid Business
Jun 26, 2021 3:30 PM CDT
Johnson & Johnson Settles For $230M, Quits Opioid Business
Deal takes the pharmaceutical giant out of huge New York trial
- Johnson & Johnson is going out of the opioid business in the US. It's also going to pay the state of New York a $230 million settlement, the
New York Times
reports. The agreement takes them out of a trial of several pharmaceutical makers slated to start next week....
FDA Solves Problem
of Expiring Vaccines
Jun 10, 2021 5:10 PM CDT
FDA Solves Problem of Expiring Vaccines
Doses will be considered good for 4.5 months now, up from 3
- State health officials have been nervous about hundreds of thousands of doses of Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine scheduled to expire in June. It's not an issue anymore. The Food and Drug Administration told the company Thursday to consider the shelf life of the product to be 4½ months,...
Supreme Court Move Means
J&J Owes Women $2B
Jun 1, 2021 9:10 AM CDT
Supreme Court Move Means J&J Owes Women $2B
Company wanted justices to review decision over talc-based baby powder, but they declined
- The Supreme Court is leaving in place a $2 billion verdict in favor of women who say they developed ovarian cancer from using Johnson & Johnson talc products, per the AP . The justices didn't comment Tuesday in rejecting Johnson & Johnson's appeal . The company argued that it wasn'...
J&J Asks Supreme Court
for Help in Talc Verdict
May 31, 2021 9:40 AM CDT
J&J Asks Supreme Court for Help in Talc Verdict
Company wants a review of $2B decision
- Johnson & Johnson is asking the Supreme Court to review a $2 billion verdict in favor of women who claim they developed ovarian cancer from using the company's talc products, per the AP . The case features an array of high-profile attorneys, some in unusual alliances, including former independent counsel...
Vaccine Researchers: We've
Unlocked Blood Clot Mystery
May 28, 2021 12:40 PM CDT
Vaccine Researchers: We've Unlocked Blood Clot Mystery
Delivery of adenovirus vector vaccines can trigger mutant proteins: study
- German scientists say they've figured out why certain coronavirus vaccines trigger rare and potentially deadly blood clots. Experts urge caution because the theory—that the issue lies with how the AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson "adenovirus vector" vaccines are delivered—isn't proven or peer-reviewed, and there are...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Singer's Decision to Catch COVID on Purpose Kills Her
Removal of Roosevelt Statue Begins
Wife of Cryptocurrency CEO Maintains She Watched Him Die
Decrepit Zero-Bedroom Home Sells for 'Head-Scratcher' Price
Moon Knight Star Dies 2 Days After Trailer Released
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.