Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Dominion Voting Systems
Is Getting Deposed
Dec 6, 2022 2:40 AM CST
Rupert Murdoch Is Getting Deposed by Dominion
Dominion Voting Systems is suing Fox News, Fox Corp
- Rupert Murdoch will be the highest-profile person to be deposed by Dominion Voting Systems in its defamation lawsuit against Fox News. Murdoch, who owns Fox parent company Fox Corp, will have to answer questions under oath on Dec. 13 and 14, the
reports. Dominion says the conservative network...
SCOTUS Won't Block
Defamation Suit Against Lindell
Oct 3, 2022 3:57 PM CDT
SCOTUS Won't Block Defamation Suit Against Lindell
MyPillow CEO is being sued by Dominion Voting Systems
- In February 2021, MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell said he was "very happy" to be sued by Dominion Voting Systems over his claims that the company rigged its machines to deliver an election victory for President Biden in 2020. The $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit is proceeding, but Lindell is...
Colo. County Clerk Charged
With Election-Related Felonies
Mar 9, 2022 5:40 PM CST
Colo. County Clerk Charged With Election-Related Felonies
Republican allegedly allowed unauthorized person to access voting machines
- A Republican county clerk in Colorado and her deputy have been charged with multiple felonies connected to tampering with election equipment as part of an alleged effort to support Donald Trump's election fraud claims. NPR reports that the "laundry list" of charges against Mesa County Clerk and Recorder...
Sep 22, 2021 10:05 AM CDT
Report: Trump Campaign Memo Debunked Claims on Dominion
Lawyers touted baseless claims after Nov. 14 memo declared them false, per 'NYT'
- The Trump campaign knew claims that Dominion used its voting machines to rig the 2020 presidential election were baseless within days of the election, before lawsuits were filed to that effect and lawyers touted the claims as fact in a Nov. 19 televised press conference , the
New York Times
Dominion Voting Systems Case
Can Head Toward Trial: Judge
Aug 12, 2021 12:00 AM CDT
Dominion Voting Systems Case Can Head Toward Trial: Judge
Judge clears way for case against Sidney Powell, Rudy Giuliani, Mike Lindell to proceed
- A federal judge cleared the way Wednesday for a defamation case by Dominion Voting Systems to proceed against Sidney Powell, Rudy Giuliani, and Mike Lindell, allies of former President Trump who had all falsely accused the company of rigging the 2020 presidential election. US District Judge Carl Nichols ruled that...
Voting Machine Company
Files 3 More Big Lawsuits
Aug 10, 2021 12:55 PM CDT
Voting Machine Company Files 3 More Big Lawsuits
Dominion goes after Newsmax, OANN, and former CEO of Overstock for $1.6B each
- Add Newsmax and One America News Network to the list of people and companies Dominion Voting Systems is suing. The company already has sued Rudy Giuliani , Sidney Powell , Mike Lindell , and Fox News . Now it’s suing the two conservative networks, as well as Patrick Byrne, former Overstock.com CEO,...
Newsmax Posts Apology
Over Rigged Election Claims
May 1, 2021 11:00 AM CDT
Newsmax Posts Apology Over Rigged Election Claims
Right-wing outlet reaches settlement with exec from Dominion Voting Systems
- Newsmax has apologized to Dominion Voting Systems' security director. The right-wing news outlet had aired baseless allegations that voting machines had been manipulated and the 2020 election was rigged. Because of that, Eric Coomer, Dominion’s director of product strategy and security, faced death threats and has been living in...
Apr 7, 2021 4:14 PM CDT
Giuliani Responds to Dominion Suit
Filing asks that court toss $1.3B defamation case on procedural grounds
- Rudy Giuliani's lawyers have filed a 10-page motion to have Dominion Voting System's defamation suit thrown out of federal court on procedural grounds. The motion, filed in DC federal district court, only briefly refers to the substance of the $1.3 billion case, saying, "Giuliani denies that...
'Lies Have Consequences':
Dominion Sues Fox News
Mar 26, 2021 9:45 AM CDT
'Lies Have Consequences': Dominion Sues Fox News
Company says network knowingly spreads lies to boost its business
- Dominion Voting has already sued Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani , pro-Trump lawyer Sidney Powell , and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell for allegedly touting lies about election fraud. Now, it's suing the network on which they appeared. Dominion on Friday filed a $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox...
Person' Would Have
Bought My Claims
Mar 23, 2021 4:00 AM CDT
Sidney Powell: 'No Reasonable Person' Would Have Bought My Claims
Former Trump lawyer wants suit against her tossed
- Oh, those claims that Dominion Voting Systems machines were rigged to throw the presidential election to Joe Biden? "No reasonable person" would have taken
statements as facts, Sidney Powell, former member of then-President Trump's legal team, says in a new court filing. Powell is seeking to have...
MyPillow Founder 'Very Happy'
to Be Sued for $1.3B
Feb 22, 2021 7:44 AM CST
MyPillow Founder 'Very Happy' to Be Sued for $1.3B
Dominion Voting Systems goes after Mike Lindell, too
- "Please sue me," Mike Lindell said in January. On Monday, Dominion Voting Systems obliged in a big way, filing a $1.3 billion defamation suit against the founder of MyPillow, reports
. The staunch ally of former President Trump has kept up his allegations that Dominion rigged its...
Mike Lindell Is
'Begging to Be Sued'
Feb 8, 2021 6:03 PM CST
Dominion Says Mike Lindell Is 'Begging to Be Sued'
Company has sued Powell and Giuliani over election fraud allegations so far
- Dominion Voting Systems has already filed defamation lawsuits against Sidney Powell and Rudi Giuliani, lawyers who backed former President Trump's false claims of election fraud and named the company in their allegations. The company has said more lawsuits are on the way, and it has dropped more than a...
2nd Voting Tech Company
Sues Fox, Giuliani
Feb 4, 2021 3:40 PM CST
2nd Voting Tech Company Sues Fox, Giuliani
Smartmatic also names Sidney Powell, and Fox hosts over claims of election fraud
- Smartmatic, a voting technology company dealing with fallout from false claims of election fraud, has sued Fox News, Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, and several Fox hosts for $2.7 billion. "We have no choice," said Antonio Mugica, the company's chief executive, CNN reports. "The disinformation campaign...
Newsmax Anchor Walks Off Set
During Mike Lindell Interview
Feb 3, 2021 6:44 AM CST
Newsmax Anchor Walks Off Set During Mike Lindell Interview
Bob Sellers gets fed up as Lindell continues to make false claims of election fraud
- Even the Trump-friendly Newsmax has apparently had it with Mike Lindell, or at least one of its anchors has. The MyPillow CEO, who continues to insist the presidential election was stolen from Donald Trump, was interviewed on the right-wing cable network Tuesday and, in what
refers to as...
Dominion Goes After Giuliani
in Massive New $1.3B Lawsuit
Jan 25, 2021 9:21 AM CST
Dominion Goes After Giuliani in Massive New $1.3B Lawsuit
Trump attorney is latest to be hit with defamation complaint over false claims on voting machines
- Dominion Voting Systems isn't playing around. The election technology firm sued lawyer and Trump ally Sidney Powell in early January, followed by a threat to sue MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell , over false claims that its voting machines were rigged to shift votes from Donald Trump to Joe Biden. Now...
Dominion Voting Systems
to MyPillow CEO: Stop It
Jan 19, 2021 3:30 AM CST
Dominion Voting Systems to MyPillow CEO: Stop It
Voting machine company threatens to sue Mike Lindell
- The MyPillow founder is now tied up in the Dominion Voting Systems drama. Dominion has officially warned Mike Lindell that it will quite likely be suing him as Trump allies continue to falsely claim that the company's voting machines were rigged to flip votes from President Trump to Joe...
Trump Ally Sidney Powell
Just Got Sued for $1.3B
Jan 8, 2021 8:58 AM CST
Trump Ally Sidney Powell Just Got Sued for $1.3B
Dominion Voting Systems accuses her of defamation
- Dominion Voting Systems threatened to sue, and, brother, did it ever. The company is seeking $1.3 billion in damages from attorney and Trump ally Sidney Powell, reports Bloomberg . Dominion accuses Powell of defamation for repeatedly making "wild" claims that its machines were rigged to shift votes for President...
Is Fighting Back
Jan 5, 2021 3:20 AM CST
Dominion Voting Systems Is Fighting Back
Will sue Sidney Powell, and maybe even Trump himself
- Dominion Voting Systems has been dragged through the wringer by the Trump campaign, and now the company is fighting back. Its founder and CEO tells Axios it will "imminently" sue ex-Trump campaign attorney Sidney Powell for defamation, and that it is looking into suing others—including, possibly, President Trump...
Dominion Staffer Sues Trump
Campaign: I Want My Life Back
Dec 23, 2020 8:33 AM CST
Dominion Staffer Sues Trump Campaign: I Want My Life Back
Eric Coomer says he's had to go into hiding due to conspiracy theories about election 'rigging'
- A high-ranking employee for a company that provided election equipment and software in 28 states has been subjected to harassment and death threats so alarming that he was forced to go into hiding a week after the election. Now, Eric Coomer says he wants his life back, and he's...
Popular on Newser
Musk Is Worried About Himself. So Is His Mom
This Is 'the Worst Kind of Earthquake'
On Roe v. Wade, Federal Judge Sees a 'Loophole'
Teen Admits Horrific Murder of Classmate, 13
Shots Fired as Intruder Breaches Home of Air Force One
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.