Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Has Beef With DNC
Jul 14, 2023 9:53 AM CDT
Marianne Williamson Has Beef With DNC
'Politics is dirty' but 'I've never seen anything like this,' candidate says in leaked audio
- Marianne Williamson's presidential campaign is "desperate for cash," as she told volunteers during a two-hour Zoom call leaked Thursday, per Politico . "I have put my own money in, and I don't have the money to continue putting it in at the level I have,"...
In Campaign Kickoff, DeSantis
Has Fighting Words for Trump
May 31, 2023 8:24 AM CDT
In Campaign Kickoff, DeSantis Has Fighting Words for Trump
In Iowa speech, Florida governor says 'I'm going to fight back' against his main GOP presidential rival
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis stepped into Iowa on Tuesday for the first time as a Republican presidential candidate and stepped up to former President Trump, vowing to "fight back" against Trump as the GOP's 2024 campaign enters a new phase. Until now, the 44-year-old Republican governor whose slogan...
Ye Just Keeps on
Talking About Hitler
Dec 6, 2022 9:35 AM CST
Ye Just Keeps on Talking About Hitler
'Jewish people, forgive Hitler,' rapper says in interview with Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes
- Kanye West's "unhinged" tour continues. After bringing white supremacist Nick Fuentes to meet with former President= Trump , followed by an appearance on conspiracy theorist Alex Jones' show in which West proclaimed "I like Hitler" and "I love Nazis," the 45-year-old rapper showed up in an...
Headscarves Become Sticking
Point in French Election
Apr 15, 2022 1:46 PM CDT
Headscarves Become Sticking Point in French Election
Rivals Marine Le Pen, Emmanuel Macron confronted by Muslims ahead of presidential runoff
- Muslim headscarves took center stage in France's presidential campaign Friday amid far-right candidate Marine Le Pen's push to ban them in the country with Western Europe's largest Muslim population. Both she and rival Emmanuel Macron, facing a tightly contested April 24 runoff, were confronted by women in...
as He Waits
Oct 24, 2021 11:30 AM CDT
Mike Pence Cashes In as He Waits
Big-money speech offers roll in for 2024 presidential possibility
- "He's a person who sees himself as the president," said a friend about Mike Pence. The former vice president is working on that, setting up a C4 nonprofit that's raising money, making enough appearances to stay in the news, writing books , and giving speeches around the...
For Trump Campaign,
a Surprising 'Cash Crunch'
Sep 8, 2020 12:52 PM CDT
For Trump Campaign, a Surprising 'Cash Crunch'
President weighs putting $100M of his own money into the race, per Bloomberg
- Candidate Trump spent $66 million of his own money on the 2016 campaign. President Trump might make the unusual move of pouring even more of his own money into the 2020 race, reports Bloomberg . Trump is considering a personal outlay of up to $100 million, an unprecedented expense for an...
'Will Do Anything'
to Help Trump
Jul 13, 2020 7:26 AM CDT
Roger Stone 'Will Do Anything' to Help Trump Win Reelection
He'll be campaigning for president, he tells Axios, adding he'll stay within the boundaries of the law
- Now that Roger Stone is once more a free man, Mike Allen of Axios was able to catch up with him for a chat over the phone, and he's got the scoop on Stone's next move: campaigning for President Trump's reelection. The 67-year-old Trump ally says now...
Oct 10, 2019 7:27 AM CDT
Bernie Sanders' Slowed Pace? He 'Misspoke'
2020 candidate says he intends to run a 'very vigorous campaign'
- After it was confirmed Bernie Sanders had a heart attack last week, the Vermont senator and 2020 presidential candidate spoke to the press and suggested he'd be slowing his pace. "I think we're going to change the nature of the campaign a bit," Sanders said Tuesday,...
Mark Sanford Is
Running for President
Sep 8, 2019 9:03 AM CDT
Mark Sanford Is Running for President
Trump gets a new GOP challenger
- President Trump just picked up another opponent in the Republican primaries: Mark Sanford, the former South Carolina governor and congressman, has decided to launch a longshot challenge to the current occupant of the Oval Office, reports the AP . "I am here to tell you now that I am going...
2020 Campaign to
Cries of 'Lock Her Up'
Jun 19, 2019 12:48 AM CDT
Trump Launches 2020 Campaign to Cries of 'Lock Her Up'
He spoke in Orlando Tuesday night
- "We are going to keep on fighting and we’re going to keep on winning, winning, winning," President Trump declared at a rally in Orlando on Tuesday night to officially kick off his 2020 campaign. There were strong echoes of his 2016 campaign at the 20,000-seat Amway...
Apr 10, 2019 7:48 AM CDT
Warner Bros. Gets Trump Video Pulled From Twitter
Campaign clip yanked after Warner Bros. complains about use of 'Dark Knight Rises' music
- President Trump posted a 2020 campaign video on Twitter late Tuesday afternoon, and in just a few hours it racked up more than a million views, per BuzzFeed . But if you haven't seen it by now, you may not get to anytime soon, as legal action from Warner Bros....
a Historic First
Mar 16, 2019 5:30 AM CDT
Bernie Sanders' Campaign Workers Just Notched a Historic First
Those working for the Vermont senator's 2020 run have won union representation
- Campaign workers for Bernie Sanders' 2020 Democratic campaign have unionized, becoming the first presidential campaign workers in history to do so. The United Food & Commercial Workers Local 400 confirmed Friday that Sanders' campaign workers were the first to win union representation, per the AP . UFCW Local 400 President Mark...
on Her Next Big
Move: 'I Need
You With Me'
Dec 31, 2018 8:18 AM CST
Elizabeth Warren on Her Next Big Move: 'I Need You With Me'
Massachusetts senator announces she's launching exploratory committee for presidential run
- Elizabeth Warren changed her Twitter handle over the weekend from @elizabethforma to simply @ewarren, prompting whispers that the Massachusetts senator had plans in the works. Those plans came to light early Monday, when Warren, 69, made an announcement that the
calls a "legal precursor" to a presidential...
Roger Stone on
Emails: 'This Is
Nov 2, 2018 7:09 AM CDT
Roger Stone on Newly Revealed Emails: 'This Is Called Politics'
'NYT' publishes correspondence between Stone, Steve Bannon
- Newly released emails from the 2016 presidential campaign appear to show political operative Roger Stone presenting himself as a WikiLeaks insider to Steve Bannon, who was at the heart of then-candidate Donald Trump's run for president. The emails, published Thursday by the
New York Times
, touch on a central...
Aug 28, 2017 7:11 AM CDT
Report: Moscow Trump Tower Was Discussed Amid Campaign
Real estate deal apparently fell through, per 'WaPo' report
- "Can you believe two guys from Brooklyn are going to elect a president?" That's a paraphrased remark in a November 2015 email from a Russian-born real estate developer to Trump Organization exec Michael Cohen, which the
reports was part of the business' effort to develop a...
Oprah Changes Thinking About
Possible White House Run
Mar 1, 2017 1:55 PM CST
Oprah Changes Thinking About Possible White House Run
Trump's win made her realized government experience not needed
- An #Oprah2020 hashtag popped up on Twitter Wednesday, and it wasn't spurred by some random liberal pipe dream, but by the person the Daily Beast describes as our "national darling." In an interview with Carlyle Group CEO David Rubenstein for his Bloomberg Television talk show, Winfrey said...
End Up Spending
$100M on His
Dec 9, 2016 9:58 AM CST
Trump Didn't End Up Spending $100M on His Campaign
He only made it about two-thirds of the way there
- Donald Trump initially said he'd spend up to $1 billion to run for president, then cut that down to $100 million , but per campaign filings Thursday, he only made it about two-thirds of the way there.
reports the total Trump ponied up was $66.1 million, according...
France's PM Steps Down
to Run for President
Dec 6, 2016 12:07 AM CST
France's PM Steps Down to Run for President
Manuel Valls makes presidential run, Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve steps in as new PM
- French Prime Minister Manuel Valls stepped down Tuesday to focus on running for president in next year's election and was replaced by Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve, a man who embodies the fight against Islamic extremism, the AP reports. Valls resigned a day after announcing his candidacy in the wake...
Biden on 2020 Run:
'What the Hell, Man'
Dec 6, 2016 12:05 AM CST
Biden on 2020 Run: 'What the Hell, Man'
Biden, who will turn 78 in 2020, had a slight smile when he spoke
- Fans of Joe Biden memes, rejoice: The vice president has hinted at a 2020 White House run—though he may have been less than 100% serious. After presiding over a Senate session Monday, CNN asked Biden if he plans to run for office again, and he said: "Yeah, I...
Indians Scratching Heads
Over Trump's Ad in Hindi
Oct 27, 2016 11:54 AM CDT
Indians Scratching Heads Over Trump's Ad in Hindi
Trump uses a Narendra Modi slogan, with his name swapped in, in 30-second spot
- Less than a fortnight remains before Election Day, and Donald Trump is attempting an 11th-hour outreach to an entirely new demographic: Indian-Americans, reports the
. And so he's released a TV ad in which he attempts to speak Hindi (with a New York accent, the
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Biden Makes Big Announcement on UAW Strike
Missing Star Wars Relic Turns Up in a Garage
Cops Drew Their Guns. They Didn't Expect What Came Next
Bundchen: 'Now I'm Living,' Not Just 'Surviving'
She Has Learned What a Fatal Overdose Sounds Like
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.