Striking writers angrily rejected a new offer from producers to resolve the biggest sticking point in negotiations—compensation for internet use. The producers said they offered $130 million more in annual compensation to writers, who dismissed the deal as a "massive rollback." Talks to end the 3-week strike will resume Tuesday, the AP reports.
The writers' counteroffer asks for $150 million in additional revenue. An industry analyst says it's strange that the two plans differ on the surface by only $20 million, but that the two sides seems so far apart. "None of this computes," he said. "It's very difficult to analyze this in any rigorous way." (Read more Hollywood writers' strike stories.)